Programming PPRNG (Mac & iOS)

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Is there anything like this that we could use for RSEFRLG?
PPRNG has no support for 3rd gen at the moment, aside from the coincidental fact that you can generate Method 1 frames with a seed of 0 in the Gen 4 seed inspector.

It is unlikely that I will be able to add 3rd Gen support anytime soon, because my time is limited these days and overall only a very small number of people will ever make use of the 3rd gen stuff. I would suggest trying to use RNG Reporter in mono, as OmegaDonut has put a lot more effort into 3rd gen support than I will be able to.

If someone wants to step up and volunteer to work on 3rd Gen support (or any other missing functionality, for that matter), I'm certainly open to that.

When I enter my DS hardware specifications, I notice the DS Phat setting doesn't save.

I select DS Phat from the menu and save the settings, but when I return to the settings it goes back to being unselected. Will this make it impossible to use the program, or do I have nothing to worry about?

For the record, I've had no luck so far with finding the desired Pokémon, so I wondered if this was the source of the problem.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
When I enter my DS hardware specifications, I notice the DS Phat setting doesn't save.

I select DS Phat from the menu and save the settings, but when I return to the settings it goes back to being unselected. Will this make it impossible to use the program, or do I have nothing to worry about?

For the record, I've had no luck so far with finding the desired Pokémon, so I wondered if this was the source of the problem.
Thanks for the bug report. There is no difference for RNGing between DS Phat and DS Lite, so you can just choose DS Lite for now until this is fixed.

PPRNG Help

Can I catch roamers and stationary (& maybe riolu & Togepi egg) in Platinum with the last version of PPRNG?
If yes, there is a guide for these methods?

(Sorry for my bad english)

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Can I catch roamers and stationary (& maybe riolu & Togepi egg) in Platinum with the last version of PPRNG?
If yes, there is a guide for these methods?

(Sorry for my bad english)
You can do roamers, stationaries, gifts (those eggs you mentioned are gifts, which use Method 1), and wild captures in Gen 4. PPRNG doesn't currently support Gen 4 breeding, though that is the next big thing on the list.

There isn't any guide specifically for Gen 4 on PPRNG as far as I know, but the general Smogon guide is here (may be slightly out of date), and there is a Gen 4 PRNG help thread as well.

Thank you for your kind reply!
So the method J in RNG is "stationary encounter" in PPRNG (for roamers and stationary both), am I right?

Do I need to use ZoomgTimer for these methods?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Thank you for your kind reply!
So the method J in RNG is "stationary encounter" in PPRNG (for roamers and stationary both), am I right?
Method 1: For roamers, gifts, and a few special cases
Method J: For wild encounters (including stationaries) on Diamond, Pearl, and Platnum
Method K: For wild encounters on Heart Gold and Soul Silver

Do I need to use ZoomgTimer for these methods?
You will need a timer such as ZomgTimer to effectively RNG abuse in Gen 4 games.

Just signed up for the update. PPRNG is amazing, but I'm desperately needing breeding support for Gen IV. RNG Reporter 9.92 is the latest version I can get running with mono on the Macbook, has anyone has been able to run 9.95 on their mac?

chiizu if you programmed PPRNG thanks a bunch! It's so much better when I RNG for wild pokemon than RNG Reporter.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Just signed up for the update. PPRNG is amazing, but I'm desperately needing breeding support for Gen IV. RNG Reporter 9.92 is the latest version I can get running with mono on the Macbook, has anyone has been able to run 9.95 on their mac?
9.95 won't run under Mono because it uses some custom controls that Mono can't emulate / handle. Best to stick with 9.92 since nothing significant has changed related to Gen 4 breeding as far as I am aware. As for PPRNG, I am currently working on Gen 4 breeding support but I can't make any promises as to when it will be finished.

chiizu if you programmed PPRNG thanks a bunch! It's so much better when I RNG for wild pokemon than RNG Reporter.
I appreciate the positive feedback, thanks!

Method 1: For roamers, gifts, and a few special cases
Method J: For wild encounters (including stationaries) on Diamond, Pearl, and Platnum
Method K: For wild encounters on Heart Gold and Soul Silver

You will need a timer such as ZomgTimer to effectively RNG abuse in Gen 4 games.
Thank you! I tried and it works!
But, is there a method to change the year of research in 4th?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Thank you! I tried and it works!
But, is there a method to change the year of research in 4th?
You don't change the year when searching. Once you have found a result that you like, you double-click it to open the seed inspector, and you can then choose the year from the 'Time / Adjacents' tab.

This is amazing!!
I noticed some differences from the manipulation of Egg's PID in RNG:
If I search a shiny egg with no taps & 0 coin flips, I have to do only 10 coin flips to advance the frame, am I right?

I saved the game in the daycare with the coin flips app opened, hit the right delay e made 10 coin flips. Than i put the parents in the daycare but the nature was always wrong.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
This is amazing!!
I noticed some differences from the manipulation of Egg's PID in RNG:
If I search a shiny egg with no taps & 0 coin flips, I have to do only 10 coin flips to advance the frame, am I right?

I saved the game in the daycare with the coin flips app opened, hit the right delay e made 10 coin flips. Than i put the parents in the daycare but the nature was always wrong.
I have compared the output of the Egg PID search in RNG Reporter and PPRNG for DPPt, and they are the same.

If there is no Taps column showing, then you only need to do 10 coin flips plus whatever additional coin flips are shown. If the Taps column is showing, you must change to the happiness checker after doing the coin flips, even if it says 0 taps. Just changing to the happiness checker affects the RNG. Also, you need to have 6 Pokemon in your party when taps are used (even if it is 0 taps).

If you continue to have problems, post a screenshot so that I can see the details.

Now I understand which is my mistake, I had only 5 pkmn in my party, I just tried with 6 and the egg was shiny, thank you!

I said it's different from the RNG because in PPRNG we don't need to capture a pkmn and write stats, day & hour to calculate the initial seed. With PPRNG I think is easier (with the help of Zoomg Timer), I appreciated this thing!

Gen IV breeding support, sweet! That was much earlier than expected. I might have found a bug though. The Egg IV Seed Searcher doesn't bring anything up for me when I click the tab from the main menu. Other than that, thanks for the quick update!

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Gen IV breeding support, sweet! That was much earlier than expected. I might have found a bug though. The Egg IV Seed Searcher doesn't bring anything up for me when I click the tab from the main menu. Other than that, thanks for the quick update!
What OS version are you on?

Please look in the Console application located in Applications/Utilities to see if there is any log from PPRNG there when you click the button to open the window.

What OS version are you on?

Please look in the Console application located in Applications/Utilities to see if there is any log from PPRNG there when you click the button to open the window.
I'm on OS X 10.6.8

When I click on the Egg IV Seed Searcher, and then hit the Expose button to see all of my windows, it has a spot listed for it, but it's totally invisible to me and it doesn't highlight it in blue when I hover the mouse over it.

If I go to my Console, and click on the Egg IV Searcher tab in PPRNG, I'm not getting a log. If I hit the Expose button, the log says this:

May 4 13:41:40 xxx-xxx-MacBook-Pro com.apple.Dock.agent[94]: Fri May 4 13:41:40 xxx-xxx-MacBook-Pro.local Dock[94] <Error>: kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSSetWindowTransformAtPlacement: Singular matrix [0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000]

Not sure if that's any help.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I'm on OS X 10.6.8

When I click on the Egg IV Seed Searcher, and then hit the Expose button to see all of my windows, it has a spot listed for it, but it's totally invisible to me and it doesn't highlight it in blue when I hover the mouse over it.

If I go to my Console, and click on the Egg IV Searcher tab in PPRNG, I'm not getting a log. If I hit the Expose button, the log says this:

May 4 13:41:40 xxx-xxx-MacBook-Pro com.apple.Dock.agent[94]: Fri May 4 13:41:40 xxx-xxx-MacBook-Pro.local Dock[94] <Error>: kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSSetWindowTransformAtPlacement: Singular matrix [0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000]

Not sure if that's any help.
I'm on 10.6.8, so I'm not sure why you are having an issue while I am not. Still, I found one issue related to the Gen 4 Egg IV window, so I've made an update. Please try that out and let me know how it goes.

I'm on 10.6.8, so I'm not sure why you are having an issue while I am not. Still, I found one issue related to the Gen 4 Egg IV window, so I've made an update. Please try that out and let me know how it goes.

Sorry for the delay, had finals I was working on. chiizu the latest update fixed the problem, everything works great now, thanks so much for working on it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)