Programming PPRNG (Mac & iOS)

I have a bug. :P Saving seeds doesn't seem to work. I just found a great seed for a Shiny Flawless Jolly Ditto and as I try to save it, I name it Ditto and save it to my Documents folder, but it doesn't save. :/ I can't find it at all on my computer...

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I have a bug. :P Saving seeds doesn't seem to work. I just found a great seed for a Shiny Flawless Jolly Ditto and as I try to save it, I name it Ditto and save it to my Documents folder, but it doesn't save. :/ I can't find it at all on my computer...
As I said here, it will be fixed in the next version.

Can you post some screenshots showing how you're setting up your searches?

Also note that there are not nearly as many good seeds in Gen 4 as in Gen 5.

I do realize that 4th gen searches are more difficult especially if looking for shiny, but I thought if I made the reqs broad enough I might find a decent one.

Here are two screen shots, the first one runs but doesn't find anything, the second one I lowered the speed by one then the search doesn't run...

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I do realize that 4th gen searches are more difficult especially if looking for shiny, but I thought if I made the reqs broad enough I might find a decent one.

Here are two screen shots, the first one runs but doesn't find anything, the second one I lowered the speed by one then the search doesn't run...
The formula for calculating the expected number of results is not taking into account the shininess. It will be fixed in the next version.

Thanks.

I am having trouble rnging a shiny latias in my White 2. I am not new to rng abuse. I can't figure out where i am going wrong. I set the parameters. I picked a seed. I do the right amount of chatot flips. I encounter the latias and it isn't shiny and it doesnt correspond with anything. I suspect it is my timer0 because it fluctuates, but it seems that every seed I go for my timer0 ends up other than what I need. My timer0 has either been 10F7 or 10F9.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I am having trouble rnging a shiny latias in my White 2. I am not new to rng abuse. I can't figure out where i am going wrong. I set the parameters. I picked a seed. I do the right amount of chatot flips. I encounter the latias and it isn't shiny and it doesnt correspond with anything. I suspect it is my timer0 because it fluctuates, but it seems that every seed I go for my timer0 ends up other than what I need. My timer0 has either been 10F7 or 10F9.
On retail JP White 2 carts, timer0 ranges between 10f3 and 10fb, though 10f7, 10f8, and 10f9 seem to be what people hit most often. Try using the Adjacents tab in the seed inspector and I expect you'll find that you are hitting something other than 10f7 or 10f9.

Now, I'm playing a game of cat and mouse trying to get a seed that has a shiny frame needing the same timer0 as what my game gives. I have done more seeds and i have gotten 10F7 through 10FA. I have been confirming this by using the parameter searcher which has been time consuming. How can I get a consistant timer0? Why does my timer0 fluctuate so much in my White 2?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Now, I'm playing a game of cat and mouse trying to get a seed that has a shiny frame needing the same timer0 as what my game gives. I have done more seeds and i have gotten 10F7 through 10FA. I have been confirming this by using the parameter searcher which has been time consuming. How can I get a consistant timer0? Why does my timer0 fluctuate so much in my White 2?
Timer0 fluctuates a lot more in Black 2 / White 2 for everyone. The only way to attempt to deal with it is to use an external timer (a stop watch or something similar) to assist you in hitting specific fractions of a second. Note that this is not an issue with PPRNG but a general issue with Black 2 / White 2, and therefore you're more likely to get help by using the 5th Gen PRNG Help Thread.

On an unrelated note, I have added a tutorial of how to use the Hidden Hollow Seed Searcher to the second post of this thread. A Dream Radar tutorial is coming soon.

For some reason any search i do for flawless ditto will come up as over ten thousand results errors. I tried to limit it as much as i could but it still cant search... any suggestions?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
For some reason any search i do for flawless ditto will come up as over ten thousand results errors. I tried to limit it as much as i could but it still cant search... any suggestions?
Please provide details (a screen shot is best) of how you have configured your search. I can't help you with just the information you have given.

What am I doing wrong here?

I've been watching a million videos for PRNG and I have a Mac. I cannot figure out why I can't receive the egg I expect.

I'm guessing that there's a problem with the PID start and PID frame and I do not know how many chatot flips I need to do.

Right now I'm trying to get a shiny timid hidden power ice 70 female eevee with a non-dream world ability.

For chatot flips, I thought I would subtract the PID frame from the PID start frame and flip that many times. In this case I would flip 54-47 times which is 7 chatot flips.

Yet I never end up with the proper pokemon. Three times I have gotten a Brave eevee which is pictured below. But when I click on the seed I want which starts at 2:33:10 on 8/15/2012 I hit generate and nothing changed, which is good. Then I made sure to press enter a second before, not touch the white screen, wait for the comet, decline c-gear, and either immediately pull up the menu to chatot flip or immediately take the egg from the day care man I am saved in front of. In either case I keep getting this brave eevee despite the fact that I see no similar eevee in the different frame results.

Am I taking crazy pills?

What am I doing wrong here. Please straighten me out because I've been at this for two days straight and have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Unnecessarily Brave Eevee

Egg Seed Searcher and Parameter Inspector

Seed Inspector

I also sweet scented and caught the same sassy "often scatters things" boldore in the victory road cave with cheren

Please RNG magicians, bail me out. Or break down this frame thing for me or let me know where I've gone wrong. I just want to do this so bad now because I can't.

Not sure why the photos aren't showing outright but if you left click and select download they will show up. Not sure how to fix that.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I've been watching a million videos for PRNG and I have a Mac. I cannot figure out why I can't receive the egg I expect.
You have not set up your configuration correctly. You have your Timer0, VCount, and VFrame values set to the default ranges that appear in the DS Parameter Searcher. This causes the Egg Seed Searcher to return a huge number of results that you can never hit.

In reality -- assuming you are on a retail cartridge -- you will have two or three Timer0 values (somewhere in the range C7A to C85 or so), one VCount value (normally 60 for English White), and one VFrame value (normally 6 or 8 on a DS Lite). However, the results shown in your DS Parameter Searcher are not standard values, so I highly suspect that either you didn't input your MAC address correctly, you have set the wrong game version, you are not on a DS Lite, or you are using a flash cart.

Not sure why the photos aren't showing outright but if you left click and select download they will show up. Not sure how to fix that.
You can't embed images from Flickr, it seems (I had to look at this page's raw HTML to get the image links). Try using one of the free image hosting sites.

You have not set up your configuration correctly. You have your Timer0, VCount, and VFrame values set to the default ranges that appear in the DS Parameter Searcher. This causes the Egg Seed Searcher to return a huge number of results that you can never hit.
Thanks for your help. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. How do I set it up properly? I tried to configure here

DS Parameter Search Page:

photo-17 by RocknLox, on Flickr

This is me entering data after sweet scenting a few times in a row at 15:22:01 on victory road. I got this result (and the same pokemon) three times in a row and thought that meant I had configured it properly after I ran it through parameter searcher. But, you're right something is off.

No matter, what my parameter ranges never change when I open up parameter search though I have changed my configuration to vcount 60 and frame 8 as you've said in my ds / config area. When I open up configuration the timer0 vcount and frame are always as they are pictured above though, at default. The only thing I can do is manually change them but doing that does not change the results. Should I input them manually? I have gotten Timer0 at C7F many times but when I look at results to egg searchers there are no results that have C7F as their Timer0. Is this what's making it hard for me to get the pokemon I expect?

In reality -- assuming you are on a retail cartridge -- you will have two or three Timer0 values (somewhere in the range C7A to C85 or so), one VCount value (normally 60 for English White), and one VFrame value (normally 6 or 8 on a DS Lite). However, the results shown in your DS Parameter Searcher are not standard values, so I highly suspect that either you didn't input your MAC address correctly, you have set the wrong game version, you are not on a DS Lite, or you are using a flash cart.
I am for sure using a DS Lite with a real store bought pokemon White cartridge with the correct mac address so hopefully that will rule some things out. Don't flame me but full disclosure I have a hacked dwf blaziken on my cart, can something like that throw all this off? I'd sooner release it to PRNG properly. I think my actual Timer0 is C7F but that never appears in any results. I have manually saved 60 for vcount and 8 for vframe in my game config file. However any time I pull up parameter search it reverts back to the default results above. Any thoughts? Do you need more screen shots or could I be doing something else wrong?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
No matter, what my parameter ranges never change when I open up parameter search though I have changed my configuration to vcount 60 and frame 8 as you've said in my ds / config area.
The parameter searcher is for finding parameters, so it does not use the values set in your configuration. It will always set the default ranges based on the game you have set in your configuration. This is normal. The important thing is that you have set the parameters in your configuration based on the result that was found in the parameter searcher (Timer0 min/max C7F, VCount min/max 60, VFrame min/max 8). If you see the correct parameter values shown in the top of any of the other searcher windows (Standard Seed Searcher, Egg Seed Searcher) then everything is set up fine.

I have gotten Timer0 at C7F many times but when I look at results to egg searchers there are no results that have C7F as their Timer0. Is this what's making it hard for me to get the pokemon I expect?
You need to expand the number of days you search over and / or increase the number of possible held buttons. Searching a single date with no held buttons is likely to find few or no results.

As it seems that you have never done RNG abuse before, I strongly recommend that you start with something easier than Egg RNG, such as a capturing a standing pokemon (if you have any left in your game) or a simple capture. Egg RNG is not the best place to begin as it requires a good understanding of a number of different bits that you will learn by doing the simpler RNG types first.

Don't flame me but full disclosure I have a hacked dwf blaziken on my cart, can something like that throw all this off?
No.

Thanks

Thanks for your help. You're right I have never done this before and really didn't expect breeding be so hard since it's my favorite thing about pokemon. I will try for a stationary to get my feet wet then try all of this again. Thanks for helping me get my configuration straight and walking me through these things.

Are there any guides for using this program for 4th gen games (HG specifically) ? I'm having trouble reading guides meant for RNG Reporter and applying the information to this program. I don't have experience in fourth-gen RNG and wanted to start by catching stationary legends (Ho-Oh specifically) but there is no option to search for stationary pokemon from the main search window. I search for a physical spread, find one and select it, then in the inspector window (where I can select stationary) the spread disappears. I don't know where to begin so if anyone can help I would be grateful.

EDIT: I've been using this guide by the way.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Are there any guides for using this program for 4th gen games (HG specifically) ? I'm having trouble reading guides meant for RNG Reporter and applying the information to this program. I don't have experience in fourth-gen RNG and wanted to start by catching stationary legends (Ho-Oh specifically) but there is no option to search for stationary pokemon from the main search window. I search for a physical spread, find one and select it, then in the inspector window (where I can select stationary) the spread disappears. I don't know where to begin so if anyone can help I would be grateful.
PPRNG's 4th gen searcher is a bit different than RNG Reporter's, so it's understandable that there's some confusion. The way that the searcher works is that it focuses on what are called Method 1 encounters, as these are common for all Gen 4 games, but it has columns in the results displaying the method J (for Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum) or method K (for Heart Gold and Soul Silver) frames depending on the mode selected.

For your case, you want to see what Method K frame the result has and note whether it says 'None' or not, as this would indicate that you can't hit the particular frame in HGSS. Once you find a result that has a method K frame, you should be able to see it in the seed inspector when selecting the stationary encounter type.

Thank you for getting back to me :) I think that cleared it up but I wanted to post again for more clarity.

In the main search window I see K, K (Sync), and K (Sync Fail). First what does sync fail mean? And second, when I go to the inspector and add an adamant synchronizer I find a seed on frame 73. Is the process roughly the same to Gen 5 standard, using Chatots or Elm calls to advance the frame once I hit the delay? I think I can figure out how to set up the timer (Zomgtimer, unless you know of a better one that you can recommend) from the guide I linked to in my previous post. And as for Pokerus, would using a pokemon downloaded from pokecheck activate the Elm response needed? I haven't done that yet but I don't know how to encounter pokerus in-game so I thought that may be a good shortcut. Thanks again for your help and for doing an awesome job with PPRNG!

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
First what does sync fail mean?
Sync Fail means that you are using a synchronizer, but the actual synchronization will fail. This has limited use and is mostly useful to be able to switch between an even and odd frame so that you can use page flips in DPPt.

Is the process roughly the same to Gen 5 standard, using Chatots or Elm calls to advance the frame once I hit the delay?
It's mostly the same as advancing the PIDRNG in Gen 5, yes. Elm calls are slower, but useful at first for verifying that you hit your seed. The guide you linked to should explain most of the concepts which apply regardless of whether you are using PPRNG or RNG Reporter.

And as for Pokerus, would using a pokemon downloaded from pokecheck activate the Elm response needed?
Someone in the main 4th gen support thread could answer this better than I can, but I believe the answer is yes.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
you can search for a specific TID using PPRNG's ID searcher, but is there any way to search for a specific SID, like on RNG Reporter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)