Programming PPRNG (Mac & iOS)

First, I'd try deleting any trace of the program on your computer, and then re-download version 1.14.4.
Next, try to get your search down to exact IV's, nature, and if possible gender. I.E. 31/31/31/0/31/31 min and 31/31/31/31/31/31 max with a set nature usually don't produce that error.
I just cleared PPRNG off of my computer. Downloaded 1.14.4 and used the parameters you suggested. Still getting the error telling me there is over 10,000 possibilities.

I just cleared PPRNG off of my computer. Downloaded 1.14.4 and used the parameters you suggested. Still getting the error telling me there is over 10,000 possibilities.
I doubt this is the problem, but I have an idea. Time. What's your time range? I've had the problem before where the minimum value actually comes after the maximum value. I.e. the top range is October 22, 2012 while the bottom range is September 22, 2012. Since the program isn't coded to work backwards in time, it freaks out when the first value comes after the second value. Possible reason. :)

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Hi guys, I posted this in another thread and someone suggested I post it here.

I'm having an issue with PPRNG. It was working fine a couple of months ago. I opened it up today (version 1.12.0) and when I filled in an egg seed search exactly the way I used to I got an error saying that there is over 10,000 results. I narrowed my search down as much as I could and kept getting this error. I switched over to the newest version of PPRNG and am still getting this error. I also tried using several different pokemon and different IVs.

I've tried the date range at 1 year and 1 month and got the same result. When I try at one day it starts to search but then freezes. I used to be able to search for 2-3 years at a time with almost identical specifications.

I should also note that I am using it for Pokemon White 1.

Do you have any idea why it is doing this?

Thanks.
Please post a screenshot of your Egg Seed Searcher window. This is by far the easiest way to see what the problem is.

I doubt this is the problem, but I have an idea. Time. What's your time range? I've had the problem before where the minimum value actually comes after the maximum value. I.e. the top range is October 22, 2012 while the bottom range is September 22, 2012. Since the program isn't coded to work backwards in time, it freaks out when the first value comes before the second value. Possible reason. :)
Oh man, I'm such a noob. I tried this and it worked out. Thank's for the input!

Oh man, I'm such a noob. I tried this and it worked out. Thank's for the input!
Of course. :) No problem. Glad I was able to help. :)

Thank you. Between this and a couple of Hidden Grotto pokemon of my own I was able to work out the cause of the bug.
Thank you so so so much, Chiizu. :) I'm going to go work on this again. I can already see that the starting PID Frame is correct with my Mild and Alert to Sounds spread with flawless IVs. Glad you were able to sort this out. :D

Update: My Minccino worked out perfectly! :D

So as you can tell, I got my desired Minccino, but I'm having a similar problem again. This time with a Growlithe in the Virbank Complex...

This is what the Seed Inspector says:

This is what the Growlithe actually turned out to be:

Growlithe.

The only problem I see here are the characteristics not corresponding. That's essentially it. But I don't know how this may affect the other frames, so I had to give notice.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
The only problem I see here are the characteristics not corresponding. That's essentially it. But I don't know how this may affect the other frames, so I had to give notice.
That Growlithe is from frame 83 (you can compare the PID in the Frames tab). There's nothing wrong with it that I can see.

That Growlithe is from frame 83 (you can compare the PID in the Frames tab). There's nothing wrong with it that I can see.
Is it really that high? Wow. I guess so. Any reasoning for that? I didn't do any Chatot flips before I caught it. Do the NPCs really raise the PID Frame that much?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is it really that high? Wow. I guess so. Any reasoning for that? I didn't do any Chatot flips before I caught it. Do the NPCs really raise the PID Frame that much?
there are three WNPCs there. Did you mash A during the season screen, and immediately open up your menu?

there are three WNPCs there. Did you mash A during the season screen, and immediately open up your menu?
You mean X? Yeah. I've always done that.

Edit: Well, as we've already established, there isn't error in the PID generation in the program as with Hidden Grottos. It seems the NPCs or something is drastically raising the PID Frame. There was a 26 frame increase from the starting frame of 57 with the Growlithe I previously posted. This Growlithe is one Timer0 above the other Growlithe (10F4 vs. 10F5) and had a 24 frame increase from 55. So, in the end, either I'm not mashing X fast enough (though I know I am) or the frames are being set off by the NPCs fast.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
You mean X? Yeah. I've always done that.

Edit: Well, as we've already established, there isn't error in the PID generation in the program as with Hidden Grottos. It seems the NPCs or something is drastically raising the PID Frame. There was a 26 frame increase from the starting frame of 57 with the Growlithe I previously posted. This Growlithe is one Timer0 above the other Growlithe (10F4 vs. 10F5) and had a 24 frame increase from 55. So, in the end, either I'm not mashing X fast enough (though I know I am) or the frames are being set off by the NPCs fast.
It would be interesting to know what frame you land on if you try one of these seeds in a completely different location.

It would be interesting to know what frame you land on if you try one of these seeds in a completely different location.
Ah. I see where you're going with this. As soon as I get home after school, I'll try it.

Edit: Something tells me that this link is wrong. There are no Pidove's anywhere on it (I'm on Route 20, btw). I'm guessing Jigglypuff's should be Pidove's. Lol. Anyways, gonna do this quickly. :)

Edit 2: So, I went through with capture another Pokémon with the same seed whilst on Route 20. This is the result. The PID and everything matches up with frame 65 with the starting being 57. It's awkward. Lol. Such a big difference in the Virbank Complex vs. Route 20, yet all values are greater than 60, so yeah... Interesting, yet not sure what I should do about it.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
Ah. I see where you're going with this. As soon as I get home after school, I'll try it.

Edit: Something tells me that this link is wrong. There are no Pidove's anywhere on it (I'm on Route 20, btw). I'm guessing Jigglypuff's should be Pidove's. Lol. Anyways, gonna do this quickly. :)

Edit 2: So, I went through with capture another Pokémon with the same seed whilst on Route 20. This is the result. The PID and everything matches up with frame 65 with the starting being 57. It's awkward. Lol. Such a big difference in the Virbank Complex vs. Route 20, yet all values are greater than 60, so yeah... Interesting, yet not sure what I should do about it.
Route 20 has one WNPC versus the three in the Virbank Complex. And yeah, the encounter table has Jigglypuff mixed up with Pidove, and Wigglytuff for Tranquil.

Shii

zap
I'm pretty sure I did it right, but my results were slightly different than what was expected.

That's my seed and target frame is highlighted. However, instead of getting a female, I got this Togepi:

https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=2399249

which is male, and had the characteristic Alert to Sounds. The only notable difference between this RNG and my other non-legendary RNGs is that this Togepi was the last of 3 pokemon I sent to my game. All my other non-legendary RNGs were sent to my game via a full set of 6 pokemon. Mayhaps they are generated somewhat differently? I'm not sure.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I'm pretty sure I did it right, but my results were slightly different than what was expected.

That's my seed and target frame is highlighted. However, instead of getting a female, I got this Togepi:

https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=2399249

which is male, and had the characteristic Alert to Sounds. The only notable difference between this RNG and my other non-legendary RNGs is that this Togepi was the last of 3 pokemon I sent to my game. All my other non-legendary RNGs were sent to my game via a full set of 6 pokemon. Mayhaps they are generated somewhat differently? I'm not sure.
The gender is set when you receive the Pokemon (might be set when you capture it in the Dream Radar, I'm not sure), so if it's set male you will never get a female. The locked gender will affect the PID, resulting in a different characteristic. It has nothing to do with the slot.

Shii

zap
The gender is set when you receive the Pokemon (might be set when you capture it in the Dream Radar, I'm not sure), so if it's set male you will never get a female. The locked gender will affect the PID, resulting in a different characteristic. It has nothing to do with the slot.
Okay thanks for clearing that up for me :>

Hey, I am new to smogon and RNG. I have followed the guide posted by RNGabuse to get my 3DS parameters. I have tried several times to calibrate my 3DS using the Unova Link Calibration and I have gotten different Vcount and Vframes every time. That is, if I actually get a result. I will usually get two to five results after entering 7 spinner locations. When I enter an 8th spinner, the program does not send me any results. I am positive that I am entering the correct spinner positions. What else could I be doing wrong?

http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/user/djstucky/media/Picture1.png.html

Here is what I get after 7 spinners

http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/user/djstucky/media/Picture2.png.html

This is what happens after spinner 8

http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/user/djstucky/media/Picture3.png.html

Here are my 3DS parameters

Any help would be appreciated.
Oh, and thanks for making such an awesome program!

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Hey, I am new to smogon and RNG. I have followed the guide posted by RNGabuse to get my 3DS parameters. I have tried several times to calibrate my 3DS using the Unova Link Calibration and I have gotten different Vcount and Vframes every time. That is, if I actually get a result. I will usually get two to five results after entering 7 spinner locations. When I enter an 8th spinner, the program does not send me any results. I am positive that I am entering the correct spinner positions. What else could I be doing wrong?

http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/user/djstucky/media/Picture1.png.html

Here is what I get after 7 spinners

http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/user/djstucky/media/Picture2.png.html

This is what happens after spinner 8

http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/user/djstucky/media/Picture3.png.html

Here are my 3DS parameters

Any help would be appreciated.
Oh, and thanks for making such an awesome program!
Your screenshots give no indication what the issue is, unfortunately. Some possibilities include:

Do you have a save game already?
The spinner calibration doesn't work without a save game.

Have you done a Memory Link to a Black 1 or White 1 game on your current save game?
This affects what spins you get, so you need to set the Memory Link check box in your config in that case.

Are you sure you aren't pressing / holding any buttons after starting from the 3DS menu?

Are you sure that the date and time you have set in the search is the time that you launched the game from your 3DS menu?

Have you double-checked that your 3DS's MAC Address is entered correctly?

Are you soft-resetting from within the game?
You must start from the 3DS menu. Soft-resetting will not work (unlike Gen 4).

Have you tried calibrating using the IV method?
If you continue to be unsuccessful this method will work just as well, though it requires more time.

If anyone is having any trouble finding their parameters for Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, I made a video for you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdIrt_L34OE

Hope anyone who's having issues finds it useful. :)
This is a really nice video. I have added a link to it in the tutorial posts at the beginning of this thread.

PC noob question... is there any way to run PPRNG on Windows? I'd really like to start abusing Dream World legendaries from Radar, but Reporter doesn't seem to support this option.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
What all can PPRNG do that RNG Reporter can't, and vice versa?
Reporter (to the best of my knowledge):
3rd gen support
Researcher screen for arbitrary RNG testing

PPRNG:
Unova Link calibration
Dream Radar abuse

Both of the PPRNG items above are in the works for RNG Reporter. At the moment I don't have specific plans for 3rd gen or researcher support in PPRNG. PPRNG is faster than Reporter on similar hardware, however I can't give an exact number on this since the recent update to .Net 4.

Many people tell me they prefer PPRNG to RNG Reporter because of the speed and the interface, but it's not a reason to go out and buy a Mac.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)