Prankster

Assist does call Priority Roar/Whirlwind it doesn't make them -5 priority, the Hazzard + Assist teams are gimmicky but actually really powerful (and with no priority rapid spin you don't even need a spin blocker)
Yes, this is true. If they existed in 4th Gen, where SR was in EVERY battle, they would be even more terrifying.

it means that pokemon with this ability don't NEED a devoted attack, they can just subseed or something and be off the the races. I think this ability MAY prove broken to some extent, but that is just off the top of my head. You could ultimately decimate many pokemon with something like encore/subseed/healing move, though I haven't looked through the pokemon that have this and their movepools.

Certainly, some sweepers are going to hate this and I think this honestly bolsters my opinion that this game will be about defense first/stall, considering the bulky HPs and fun abilities like this thrown around.
Even though this was like the second post and a long time ago, it IS broken, if you cannot properly counter it.

Cottonee @ Focus Sash
(Random nature)
(No IVs needed)
Level 1
Leech Seed
Substitute
Taunt
Memento (filler)

Explains itself. Leech Seed drains enough to completely heal Cottonee's HP.

Even though this was like the second post and a long time ago, it IS broken, if you cannot properly counter it.

Cottonee @ Focus Sash
(Random nature)
(No IVs needed)
Level 1
Leech Seed
Substitute
Taunt
Memento (filler)

This shows something even better.

13-9664-75344

never saw that Cottonee before. Thought real hard what the set aimed to do, and I figured it worked the same way with the level 1 sturdy aron/nosepass, but less effective, in that it takes a longer time actually KOing an opponent, running the risk of using up all of substitute's PP (and a switch to a grass-type or sap sipper is a bad also). i'm thinking of trying it out, just for the fun of it ^^

Cottonee @ Focus Sash
(Random nature)
(No IVs needed)
Level 1
Leech Seed
Substitute
Taunt
Memento (filler)

Magic guard shits all over this.

Cottonee @ Focus Sash
(Random nature)
(No IVs needed)
Level 1
Leech Seed
Substitute
Taunt
Memento (filler)

Any grass type shits on this, including other cottonees (if they win the speed tie)

As well as the thunder and wind genie if they know taunt

Or even unsuspecting taunters like Floatzel.

Azure Demon

Cottonee @ Focus Sash
(Random nature)
(No IVs needed)
Level 1
Leech Seed
Substitute
Taunt
Memento (filler)

Another funny thing is focus sash is a 1 time use item so once it's used it's gone.
Unless they changed the mechanic for sash in this game.

Another funny thing is focus sash is a 1 time use item so once it's used it's gone.
Unless they changed the mechanic for sash in this game.
You don't need the Sash more than once. After the first hit (during which you Leech Seed and thus heal to full HP), you can just Substitute for the protection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)