1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Predictions, Skill, and Deceit: Battle of Smogon's Finest

Discussion in 'BW OU' started by Kidogo, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus

2. dcae

dcae naughty list

That tag though.

First warstory in ages on this forum, quality work.
  3. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

i have had that cloyster since i was a boy. for years we hiked through mountains, fields, and cities, fighting the strongest of opponents, and losing to all, because cloyster sucks - when one day i came across a rock in a dumpster i had just been tossed into, a rock like no other, a rock fit for a king! naturally, i shoved it inside my cloyster's...hole...and proceeded to destroy every opponent i faced with my well trained clam causing the opponents to flinch in fear at the sight of its skeletal spikes and glorious stone. alas, kidogo was no exception. his pitiful, badly trained ninetales was too distracted by the beauty of the king's rock to focus on its attack, which the clam dodged skillfully by withdrawing into its shell. it proceeded to smash said shell, revealing the full extent of the shiny rock inside, and the dazzling display of color and brilliance was too much alone for my opponent to handle. cowering in fear, kidogo clicked buttons at random as my clam routed his team, spear by skill-linked spear. another victory for the kid and his bivalve. did you expect anything else?
  4. Vemane

Vemane

I like cloyster

Wut happened to warstories? :(
  5. Curtains

Curtains

well I did a warstory and it got closed within 10 minutes. it takes alot of work to make these and if someone doesn't like it it could have been shut down very quickly. Maybe people got turned off by that?
  6. sora13

sora13

10/10 would bang again
  7. Superpowerdude

Superpowerdude is an official Custom Title Rater
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Media Contributor

I guess the game is more important than the friendship.

Luvdisc'd 10/10
  8. BLINGAS ♥

BLINGAS ♥

bad attempt/10
  9. Lork

Lork

terrible topic in terrible posts shockah
  10. PttP

PttP Shoutout to the sidewalk for keeping me off the streets
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

this was just bad and not funny
  11. Vertex

Vertex

10 / 10

Never believe Lavos Spawn. Lol.

Luvdisk'd
  12. Box

Box

Suspect Test Cresselia for almost surviving Cloyster's ultimate power.
  13. toshimelonhead

toshimelonhead Raising Whitney's Miltank

I need that cloyster set so bad.
  14. youngjake93

youngjake93

Yea I don't understand why you would use wil o wisp on cloyster when it has like -5 sDef and you're working with STAB and sun boost. As someone said, Ice Shard could finish it off if i carried sash or hp+herb. Donphan's high def and sturdy makes it so that it can't lose to the rare Ice Shard Cloyster.
    The moves to try to recover from the mishap were decent(although hax prevented recovery), but that one turn was pretty risky for no reason. Saving Ninetales hardly affects a match against weatherless.
  15. superstar

superstar

Well, Lavos probably should have switched out Cloyster. I have no idea why he didn't, maybe he thought he was faster? And in that case, Will-O-Wisp would have crippled the likely Aerodactyl switch in, while still obviously ruining Cloyster. So not a bad play I on the whole I think. Also there's a decent chance Kingdra has rain dance, especially since Lavos's team was a bit weak to sun. So he wanted to save Ninetales for that as well.

On another note, can someone start making some more goddamn real warstories? I love reading these things, and while this was funny, I'd like to see a good OU player write up an actually good match, or even a bad player writing a funny warstory.
  16. Kidogo

Kidogo

Yeah I used WoW cause it completely cripples cloy and I preferred not to sac tales and ice shard, not to mention that most people would switch cloy out there--lavos obviously was trusting its ninja training to save it. And actually there's a WS i'm in the process of writing, it's just that formatting these takes so much time when it's a real match (not having to calc HPs each turn in this one saved like hours) but now that school's out I'll actually finish that one lol.
  17. Vemane

Vemane

we need a warstory generator badly :( One that can import from a showdown replay and format so that we only need to add commentary.

Who's up for the programming job? :P
  18. ElectivireRocks

ElectivireRocks Banned deucer.

Cloyster used as a lead is a blatant sign that it's sashed.
    Then again the whole concept of a lategame sweeper used as a lead confuses me unless you plan to troll the opponent, which is precisely what happened here.

It saddens me that you consider Ice Shard Cloyster to be a rare occurence, when in fact it's its most useful attack against a number of threats such as Venusaur and Latios. It really needs to be used more often.
  19. Cai278

Cai278

I would have used flamethrower and if it was indeed sashed then you could have just ice sharded with Donphan (assuming it has ice shard). But man that battle was entirely based upon you choosing to use WoW over flamerhrower and missing. I am also amazed that Kidigo has enough pride to share this with everyone considering how Lavos acted like a bitch. 10/10 and luvdisced for awesomeness.
  20. Vemane

Vemane

21. thenewguy24

thenewguy24

22. Last Chance Breaker

Last Chance Breaker

An excellent story indeed. I expect more from you soon. Bad luck about the hax btw. I feel for you.
  23. King

King

woah i must have that cloyster's brother
  24. NixHex

NixHex what is béisbol
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

I think this has run its course.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)