Prelude of Light (OU Sun + UU Subs) [Peaked at 7th]

i usually count on tyranitar being dead early, but yes in the sand he is an issue. That being said, he doesn't set up too easily on something that wont put him into nape revenge range. even iron head from durant does a fair amount to him. Overall outspeeding excadrill is probably the better option, but I just love how ninetails destroys cm users and quiver dancers with the bulk she has.
Well, true enough, but when I used Overheat+Power Swap Ninetales I was able to one on one beat most Volcarona by stealing their boosts even with max HP and Speed EVs, so presumably the same would apply for CMers, though actually doing the calcs is absurdly complicated.. Some extra SpD may help in absorbing the odd HP Rock from a Volcarona as you say, but the insurance of being able to beat Excadrill is something I wouldn't give up.

EDIT: Also, very sad that you don't seem to be able to Luvdisc RMTs :(

Well, true enough, but when I used Overheat+Power Swap Ninetales I was able to one on one beat most Volcarona by stealing their boosts even with max HP and Speed EVs, so presumably the same would apply for CMers, though actually doing the calcs is absurdly complicated.. Some extra SpD may help in absorbing the odd HP Rock from a Volcarona as you say, but the insurance of being able to beat Excadrill is something I wouldn't give up.

EDIT: Also, very sad that you don't seem to be able to Luvdisc RMTs :(
i beat a cm reniculus the other day. just kept over heating and it kept cming. Then I swapped it -6 Sp Atk making it complete set up bait. Its pretty hilarious actually.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Alright. I'm gonna be off the ladder for the rest of the day. I'm happy with Top 100 right now, (Thank you, Goku Durant, I will take this bean ranking without hesitation!) but I can do better. I'm gonna do a crap-load of calcs today to completely optimize my EVs so I'm not wasting a single EV point.

@ Benlisted & BurtonEarny - Sand's really not a problem. Lilligant OHKOs non Mixed Tyranitars since they're the only ones running enough EVs to survive it and if they are running those EVs, then they're built to deal with Latios & Ferrothorn anyway running SR, Pursuit, Fire Blast, & Ice Beam which is just a free switch-in to Ninetales. Snorlax can even Pursuit him after the Leaf Storm since she should be hanging on a thread, but I normally save that for when I know they're not running Superpower. (By that time he should be KO'd anyway since only Snorlax has trouble with him)

Excadrill can only take out 1 Pokemon before Ninetales gets the revenge switch-in, so he's not really that big of a deal. If he's running Air Balloon and not Life Orb, then he's even less threatening so I can just have Lilligant take the EQ & switch to Ninetales as he X-Scissors. He's not a problem at all.

Edit: Just realized... I use an Ant with a Magnifying Glass on a Sun team... Seems the tables have turned.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Well, I think I can say that this team is now the finished product. I noticed a drastic increase of wins once I changed the EVs & add Durant. Rocketed to the Top 50 of OU very quickly.

Thanks to everyone that helped out! Definitely needed all of you helping me to get the final team! Like I said in the OP, I'm still open to suggestions.

OP Changes:
- Durant Added
- Threat List Updated
- Emboar Added to UU
- Team Stats Updated
- Exportable Updated
- Grammar & Spell Checking
- Changed Infernape's moves

White Wolfos (Ninetales) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 216 SAtk / 76 SDef / 216 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Safeguard
- Power Swap

Biggoron (Snorlax) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Return
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Armogohma (Durant) (F) @ Wide Lens
Trait: Hustle
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Crunch
- X-Scissor
- Thunder Wave

Totakeke (Infernape) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp

Gohma (Garchomp) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Veil
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Dual Chop
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Kalle Demos (Lilligant) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SAtk / 76 SDef / 180 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Healing Wish
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Congrats buddy but can I just ask you one thing. How do you use TW on Durant.... Do you use it as support for the team or to help Durant's time at hitting hard?

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Congrats buddy but can I just ask you one thing. How do you use TW on Durant.... Do you use it as support for the team or to help Durant's time at hitting hard?
Thanks! A little of both. If something like Scizor or another Steel-type that can't do much to Durant comes in, I'll just T-Wave them and Iron Head him until one of us gets KO'd or just switch-out. But if something is obviously going to be an issue like an offensive Water-type like Gyarados or Intimidators like Salamence, Thunder Wave then switching out is usually the best option. I just have to be a little careful as to exactly what I hit with it since I'm running 2 Will-O-Wisp users & a Sleep Powder user.

It really is his best option though considering his options are Hone Claws, T-Wave, &...Dig.

I am absolutely in love with this team.
I decided to nominate you for the Hall of Fame. This is really a job well done. I have never seen a team that has utilized Pokemon that are considered "bad" to such perfection that they can rumble with the big leagues.

I am glad I came across this team. It really is a job well done.

First thing I said was a Drought team without Rapid Spin? Are you insane. But you know something it works! It'd be awesome if you could've included rapid spin but no needed.

I don't have anything to say but run stealth rock over will-o-wisp. The Entry Hazards will put your opponent in tough situations to switch in.

Just remember to keep Ninetales over 25% health as healing wish doesn't work before entry Hazards.

That's it pretty much.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
I am absolutely in love with this team.
I decided to nominate you for the Hall of Fame. This is really a job well done. I have never seen a team that has utilized Pokemon that are considered "bad" to such perfection that they can rumble with the big leagues.

I am glad I came across this team. It really is a job well done.
Oh wow! Thanks! That means a lot!

First thing I said was a Drought team without Rapid Spin? Are you insane. But you know something it works! It'd be awesome if you could've included rapid spin but no needed.

I don't have anything to say but run stealth rock over will-o-wisp. The Entry Hazards will put your opponent in tough situations to switch in.

Just remember to keep Ninetales over 25% health as healing wish doesn't work before entry Hazards.

That's it pretty much.
Yeah on very early versions of this team, I tried using Excadrill to Rapid Spin but it just didn't work out an made me a little too weak to Jellicent and Water-types in general.

Honesty I may never truly decide between SR & WoW on Infernape. Rocks are always good to have up, but it's a little hard to get them up just due to how the team is made. There's so few Pokemon he can set up on for free. And even then, like say I setup Rock on a Tyranitar as he switches to Gliscor. Okay. I got Rocks up, but since I didn't Close Combat, I can't KO Gliscor with overheat.

Will-O-Wisp is the opposite of that. I save it for when I need it as a "Oh! And before you KO, me~
" kind of move. It turns Dragonite, Salamence, & Gyarados, Infernape's biggest counters, into complete jokes.

I love both of the moves, but WoW has just always been safer & easier to get up.

Oh my I totally forgot to mention this. I see t-wave is helping, but you have 2 will-o-wispers (including nape) so t-wave can be dangerous to use, if you predict a switch you can always use hone claws to boost acc and attack at once. I can't really say anything else as it has all been said before.

I can't wait to see your final calcs with evs! Really interesting team! Love it more and more! Why can't we luvdisc this!!!!

I would like to say that stall teams give you many problems. A basic core of skarmchansdos gives you a hard time, not to mention with toxic spikes and or SR and spikes you're kinda screwed though.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Oh my I totally forgot to mention this. I see t-wave is helping, but you have 2 will-o-wispers (including nape) so t-wave can be dangerous to use, if you predict a switch you can always use hone claws to boost acc and attack at once. I can't really say anything else as it has all been said before.

I can't wait to see your final calcs with evs! Really interesting team! Love it more and more! Why can't we luvdisc this!!!!
Tbh, there's not a lot of Pokemon that Will-O-Wisp cripples more than Thunder Wave would. They're both pretty equally devastating.

Thanks! Those should be the final EV calcs. The only thing I'm unsure about is Lilligant's Speed but even with those EVs, I'm out-speeding everything I need to except Speedy versions of Gliscor, who out-speed Lilligant even with Max EVs in Speed. So unless something big comes up, I think I'm alright on the EVs. Everything should be optimized.

I would like to say that stall teams give you many problems. A basic core of skarmchansdos gives you a hard time, not to mention with toxic spikes and or SR and spikes you're kinda screwed though.
Stall never gives me trouble. Garchomp & Infernape completely dismantle SkarmChans. Zapdos has never been an issue since Ninetales & Infernape hit so hard in Sunlight with Overheat/Flare Blitz and Snorlax just laughs at Zapdos. Safeguard makes Toxic Spikes almost a non-issue considering how easy it is to switch Ninetales in on a Stall team to refresh Safeguard is. Only Ninetales is weak to Stealth Rock. Spikes is an issue, but considering how 3 of my 6 Pokemon have Fire attacks and a 4th has Sleep Powder, Deoxys-S/D are the only things that will be getting more than one layer of Spikes up unless Cloyster or Omastar have gone back to 4th Gen style.

But yeah. Spikes are a problem, but the team makes them very hard to get up.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus

7th. Sun Team. Bask in the warm light of the Sun. (Garchomp Background kept in for dramatic effect)

I tried to get higher...I really did. I must have fought EVERY Gliscor & EVERY Tyranitar on the ladder soon after I hit 7th. They ran my ass into the ground for about 10 matches straight.

Just look at my Durant:

- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- X-Scissor
- Thunder Wave

See what they've done? D:

I'm gonna take a break from the ladder for a few days. If I see one more Gliscor or one more Tyranitar...ugh. They broke me, guys.

Have you ever played in the PokeBattle Center server? If so, then I lost to you. I don't remember if it was today or last night. If not, then someone stole your team because I remember all of those Pokemon on your team except Durant, but I got owned so badly I don't think you (or the team-stealer) needed to use it.

Hi

This lookst like a pretty original team and I want to say congrats for your success with it. I have some suggestion though.

First of all, you have nothing that likes to take to switch into the likes of Terrakion, CB Garchomp, .... You could solve this problem by using Gliscor instead of Garchomp.
Gliscor makes an easier switch-in against all those physical powerhouses. Similar to your Garchomp I'd like to suggest the Sword Dance Gliscor set.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Swords Dance
- Protect/ Taunt

This will also help you with Garchomp and the 4 extra speed EV's allows you to outrun opposing Gliscor, so you can handle those as well.
If you ever loose the "weather war" Excadrill plows through this team, Gliscor stops him also.

I hope this suggestion helped, good luck with the team.

Oh boy ! I need to test the UU ladder and i found your team interesting so i give to it a chance and....OH MY GOD ! It's impressive ! ScarfVulpix is a surprise for everyone, Lilligant always heal a burned and low-hp like Snorlax/Flygon/Emboar/Durant and grants to they a free switch-in and she is a surprise even when i shoot a leaf storm in the opponent face.

I must train more in the UU but everytime i think to loose a battle, i looked closely to the remain mons and realized that i've the answer to win the battle even if at low hp.

Very awesome team, man !

I would actually try to run Slowbro or Gliscor instead of Garchomp. I was thinking about it and noticed that both would take fighting types with ease.

Slowbro might be a tad bit better as its movepool is just amazing and regenerate is awesome, it can also be used during rain teams to fend off from them getting momentum.

Slowbro @ leftovers
Pyschic
Fireblast/flamethrower
Ice Beam
Slack off/Scald
EV: 252hp,200 def, 58 sp atk.
Nature: Bold
Ability: regenerate.

Delko already stated the Gliscor replacement. I like Slowbro a bit more as it can clearly 1hit ko Gliscor w/o boosts and it gets a nice sun-boosted flamethrower and if you do run scald it can always burn someone on a switch-in. Plus it is just so unexpected. (Slowking can be used if you need a special wall besides Snorlax, but Conkeldurr and Gliscor will hit a bit harder.

7th. Sun Team. Bask in the warm light of the Sun. (Garchomp Background kept in for dramatic effect)

I tried to get higher...I really did. I must have fought EVERY Gliscor & EVERY Tyranitar on the ladder soon after I hit 7th. They ran my ass into the ground for about 10 matches straight.

Just look at my Durant:

- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- X-Scissor
- Thunder Wave

See what they've done? D:

I'm gonna take a break from the ladder for a few days. If I see one more Gliscor or one more Tyranitar...ugh. They broke me, guys.
Does HP Ice coming from Durant even OHKO Gliscor?

How do you manage threats like Hitmontop and others fight-type ? especcially in UU. I've found only Durant to take hit and being 2-3 KOed by powerful Close Combat and the Mach Punch are hell.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Tried Gliscor. Loved it for a while...until I need to outspeed & KO shit. I had enough when a Salamence I though had beat went "Oh and btw...Draco Meteor!"

Trying Scarf Garchomp right now. I'm liking it. It puts a little more weight on Infernape to break stall by himself though since Chomp can't change attacks, but it's working.

HP Ice Durant was the result of a complete Rage Quit from the norm. Yes, I will admit, I mad. I am however trying new things on Durant. Right now I'm running Entertainment over Crunch. Just to give it a shot. There are quite a few Pokemon that don't care for Hustle especially if they're Paralyzed. Including Gliscor when he loses his Poison Heal.

(Give Wobbuffet Hustle. Watch him cry.)

I also took a fair shot at Traditional Sunny Day today. (No Ninetales) It ended up looking like a Trick Room team with a random Chlorophyll abuser thrown in. Sunny Day on Conkeldurr & Slowbro with a Dugtrio on the team just to piss off Tyranitar.

It's not good...but it's not bad.

If anything it's just funny to watch Tyranitar leave alone something they can OHKO just because they know Dugtrio will revenge it and Sand will be gone.

@ Ewil - I deal with UU Fighting-types just like Darmanitan deals with everything.

Emboar & Ninetales hurt in Sun. (Just hit shit with Flare Blitz, Overheat, Outrage, & Leaf Storm. Not many UU Fighting-types are going to take any of those favorably.)

Tried Gliscor. Loved it for a while...until I need to outspeed & KO shit. I had enough when a Salamence I though had beat went "Oh and btw...Draco Meteor!"

Trying Scarf Garchomp right now. I'm liking it. It puts a little more weight on Infernape to break stall by himself though since Chomp can't change attacks, but it's working.

HP Ice Durant was the result of a complete Rage Quit from the norm. Yes, I will admit, I mad. I am however trying new things on Durant. Right now I'm running Entertainment over Crunch. Just to give it a shot. There are quite a few Pokemon that don't care for Hustle especially if they're Paralyzed. Including Gliscor when he loses his Poison Heal.

(Give Wobbuffet Hustle. Watch him cry.)

I also took a fair shot at Traditional Sunny Day today. (No Ninetales) It ended up looking like a Trick Room team with a random Chlorophyll abuser thrown in. Sunny Day on Conkeldurr & Slowbro with a Dugtrio on the team just to piss off Tyranitar.

It's not good...but it's not bad.

If anything it's just funny to watch Tyranitar leave alone something they can OHKO just because they know Dugtrio will revenge it and Sand will be gone.

@ Ewil - I deal with UU Fighting-types just like Darmanitan deals with everything.

Emboar & Ninetales hurt in Sun. (Just hit shit with Flare Blitz, Overheat, Outrage, & Leaf Storm. Not many UU Fighting-types are going to take any of those favorably.)
That picture made me lulz way too hard.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
That picture made me lulz way too hard.
I aim to please.

Your photo looks terribly suspect ;). BTW I doubt that HP Ice on Durant is a good choice, nor is WoW on Infernape// Just my belief. Other than that cool team.
The photo is no Excadrill.

HP Ice on Durant is a terrible idea. (2HKO's Gliscor at best) Again. I mad.

WoW on Infernape limits his counters, making Gyara, Mence, Nite, Haxorus, & Garchomp easy pickings for Snorlax & Lilligant.

This is without a doubt my favorite RMT in 5th gen so far. This team is one in a million, you broke the mold into pieces. The first time I looked over this I thought I was looking at a different metagame or something. Most of your sets involve something that a lot of players would've never thought of, to fit a whole team of them together and make it so high on the ladder is really incredible. Great job with your team you've inspired me and definitely many others.

i like the team
Absolutely amazing team buddy. Well presented and has some amazing unheard of Pokemon and sets that WORK. I however would think Infernape would work better over Emboar. If you carry Mach Punch that is almost all your threats gone! Something like Overheat / CC / Thunder Punch + Mach Punch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)