Monotype Prestige [A Dual Para Normal Team]

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist

'sup everyone, Symphonii here. I've only gotten into the Monotype scene a few months ago, and since my time here, I've been introduced to a whole lot of different playstyles, and even got the chance to battle a good number of famous players and people of the Monotype staff. This has lead to me growing as a player in general, which is always nice. On the occasion to me getting a new cat, I've decided to RMT my Normal team, which I've used in both room tours and forum tours, and has even gotten me decent success on the ladder(would say where I peaked, but I don't have a screenshot of it). So without further ado, let's get into the team at hand.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Discharge

Porygon2 is the best physical wall available to Normal teams, with its physical bulk only being outshined by Furfrou. Maximum investment in Defense and HP maximizes its raw bulk, letting it take hits more effectively. Thunder Wave is a great option to have on Porygon2, as it acts as a great form of speed control, as well as opening up opportunities for the rest of the team's offense to dent opposing walls. Recover is an excellent for of recovery, being able to heal back 50% of its health. Tri Attack is Porygon2's preferred attacking move, which prevents it from being a sitting duck (coincidence?) once taunted, as well as having a nice secondary effect which grants it a 20% chance to either paralyze, burn or freeze the target. Discharge is another way of (possibly) paralyzing the opponent, having a 30% chance to paralyze without being stopped by Taunt, unlike Thunder Wave.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Chansey is the most bulkiest Pokemon allowed in the meta, only being taken down by the strongest of physical attackers. Even with a extremely measly 5 Defense stat, a maximum defense investment, HP investment, and Eviolite multiply its bulk entirely to sky high levels, being able to survive an Outrage from an Adamant natured Choice Band Kyurem-B after Stealth Rock damage. Even without a special defense investment, it is already able to eat special attacks from almost anything, with only a select number of special attackers being able to get past it. Thunder Wave is, as explained earlier, a way of speed control, while Soft-Boiled gives Chansey a source of reliable recovery. Stealth Rock pressures the opponent on switch-ins and breaks potential sashes. It also slightly eases up the matchup against Flying, which the team surprisingly has a hard time against.

Staraptor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Staraptor cores greatly with Porygon2 and Chansey, being neutral to Fighting and having access to a great defensive ability in Intimidate. Rocky Helmet deals chip damages to any attacker that uses contact moves against it. Brave Bird is an excellent STAB move that is able to OHKO most Fighting types even without any Attack investment. Defog gets rid of annoying hazards, Toxic Spikes especially, that trouble the core during switches. U-Turn is used to gain momentum, letting it switch out once hindering a foe with Intimidate. The 16 EVs in speed let it outspeed opposing foes with uninvested base 100 speed, as well as Adamant natured Bisharp and Breloom.

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

Meloetta plays a huge role in the offensive presence of the team. Equipped with a Choice Specs, it is able to 2HKO most walls prevalent in the meta which isn't named Chansey., thanks to its great coverage. Psychic is the a powerful STAB move than has a 10% chance to lower the target's special defense, which is further boosted to 20% due to its ability Serene Grace. Focus Blast lets it hit Steel types for super effective damage. Dazzling Gleam lets it hit the likes of Sableye and Mandibuzz for super effective damage, without which the team would have a bit of trouble against. Shadow Ball lets it hit Ghost types like Doublade and Chandelure for super effective damage.

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch

Due to the team having a slightly difficult matchup against Steel and Rock teams, I decided to use Mega Lopunny as the mega of choice. Fake Out grants Mega Lopunny a free turn to mega, while also being able to KO a weakened foe. High Jump Kick greatly eases the matchup against Rock and Steel, and Mega Lopunny is able to use it freely due to its ability Scrappy. Return is its second most powerful attack, being able to hit Psychic and Flying types for neutral damage. Ice Punch lets me deal with the likes of Gliscor and bulky Garchomp which the team has a problem against.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Bold Nature
- Transform

Ditto is the best way to deal with set up sweepers, due to its unique ability Imposter. Equipped with a Choice Scarf, it outspeeds anything it is sent out against, aside from other Choice Scarf users. It has greatly helped me against Bug, Normal, Dragon and Ghost matchups. It is that sticky goo that keeps the team together.

This team has next to no switchins against Choice Specs Keldeo, and it capable of 2HKO'ing everything in it.

Terrakion has always been something that Normal teams have trouble against. Just like Keldeo, the team lacks switchins for it, and most of the time, the best way to take it down is to try to tank a Close Combat with Porygon2 and paralyze it.

Sableye completely shuts down both Porygon2 and Chansey, and burns Mega Lopunny, rendering it pretty much useless for the rest of the battle.

Bisharp easily finds ways to set up against most of the team's defenses, and with priority in Sucker Punch, along with STAB Knock Off and Defiant, makes it a force to be reckoned with.

The team has almost nothing to get past the SkarmDos core. The best way to deal with these two is to stack up as much Stealth Rock damage as possible, then try to clean with either Meloetta or Mega Lopunny.

Overall, this team is something that has grown on me during the past few months, as has helped me get to where I am now.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Discharge

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Staraptor @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Bold Nature
- Transform

Last edited:

'sup everyone, Symphonii here. I've only gotten into the Monotype scene a few months ago, and since my time here, I've been introduced to a whole lot of different playstyles, and even got the chance to battle a good number of famous players and people of the Monotype staff. This has lead to me growing as a player in general, which is always nice. On the occasion to me getting a new cat, I've decided to RMT my Normal team, which I've used in both room tours and forum tours, and has even gotten me decent success on the ladder(would say where I peaked, but I don't have a screenshot of it). So without further ado, let's get into the team at hand.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Discharge

Porygon2 is the premier physical wall available to Normal teams, with its physical bulk only being outshined by Furfrou. Maximum investment in Defense and HP maximizes its raw bulk, letting it take hits more effectively. Thunder Wave is a great option to have on Porygon2, as it acts as a great form of speed control, as well as opening up opportunities for the rest of the team's offense to dent opposing walls. Recover is an excellent for of recovery, being able to heal back 50% of its health. Tri Attack is Porygon2's preferred attacking move, which prevents it from being a sitting duck (coincidence?) once taunted, as well as having a nice secondary effect which grants it a 20% chance to either paralyze, burn or freeze the target. Discharge is another way of (possibly) paralyzing the opponent, having a 30% chance to paralyze without being stopped by Taunt, unlike Thunder Wave.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Chansey is the most bulkiest Pokemon allowed in the meta, only being taken down by the strongest of physical attackers. Even with a extremely measly 5 Defense stat, a maximum defense investment, HP investment, and Eviolite multiply its bulk entirely to sky high levels, being able to survive an Outrage from an Adamant natured Choice Band Kyurem-B after Stealth Rock damage. Even without a special defense investment, it is already able to eat special attacks from almost anything, with only a select number of special attackers being able to get past it. Thunder Wave is, as explained earlier, a way of speed control, while Soft-Boiled gives Chansey a source of reliable recovery. Stealth Rock pressures the opponent on switch-ins and breaks potential sashes. It also slightly eases up the matchup against Flying, which the team surprisingly has a hard time against.

Staraptor @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Staraptor cores greatly with Porygon2 and Chansey, being neutral to Fighting and having access to a great defensive ability in Intimidate. Rocky Helmet deals chip damages to any attacker that uses contact moves against it. Brave Bird is an excellent STAB move that is able to OHKO most Fighting types even without any Attack investment. Defog gets rid of annoying hazards, Toxic Spikes especially, that trouble the core during switches. U-Turn is used to gain momentum, letting it switch out once hindering a foe with Intimidate. The 16 EVs in speed let it outspeed opposing foes with uninvested base 100 speed, as well as Adamant natured Bisharp and Breloom.

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

Meloetta plays a huge role in the offensive presence of the team. Equipped with a Choice Specs, it is able to 2HKO most walls prevalent in the meta which isn't named Chansey., thanks to its great coverage. Psychic is the a powerful STAB move than has a 10% chance to lower the target's special defense, which is further boosted to 20% due to its ability Serene Grace. Focus Blast lets it hit Steel types for super effective damage. Dazzling Gleam lets it hit the likes of Sableye and Mandibuzz for super effective damage, without which the team would have a bit of trouble against. Shadow Ball lets it hit Ghost types like Doublade and Chandelure for super effective damage.

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch

Due to the team having a slightly difficult matchup against Steel and Rock teams, I decided to use Mega Lopunny as the mega of choice. Fake Out grants Mega Lopunny a free turn to mega, while also being able to KO a weakened foe. High Jump Kick greatly eases the matchup against Rock and Steel, and Mega Lopunny is able to use it freely due to its ability Scrappy. Return is its second most powerful attack, being able to hit Psychic and Flying types for neutral damage. Ice Punch lets me deal with the likes of Gliscor and bulky Garchomp which the team has a problem against.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Bold Nature
- Transform

Ditto is the best way to deal with set up sweepers, due to its unique ability Imposter. Equipped with a Choice Scarf, it outspeeds anything it is sent out against, aside from other Choice Scarf users. It has greatly helped me against Bug, Normal, Dragon and Ghost matchups. It is that sticky goo that keeps the team together.

This team has next to no switchins against Choice Specs Keldeo, and it capable of 2HKO'ing everything in it.

Terrakion has always been something that Normal teams have trouble against. Just like Keldeo, the teams lacks switchins for it, and most of the time, the best way to take it down is to try to tank a Close Combat with Porygon2 and paralyze it.

Sableye completely shuts down both Porygon2 and Chansey, and burns Mega Lopunny, rendering it pretty much useless for the rest of the battle.

Bisharp easily finds ways to set up against most of the team's defenses, and with priority in Sucker Punch, along with STAB Knock Off and Defiant, makes it a force to be reckoned with.

The team has almost nothing to get past the SkarmDos core. The best way to deal with these two is to stack up as much Stealth Rock damage as possible, then try to clean with either Meloetta or Mega Lopunny.

Overall, this team is something that has grown on me during the past few months, as has helped me get to where I am now.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Discharge

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Staraptor @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Bold Nature
- Transform
Hi han nice team! (And this looks strikingly similar to how I formatted my rmt lmfao) I have a couple minor suggestions though that I think you should give a whirl.

• First off, I don't get the point of having both Discharge and Twave on Porygon2, therefore I reccomend swapping out Twave for Toxic, so you at least have options in terms of what you want to spread around, ans it can help you wear down opposing defensive pivots. With that as well I think you should run Ice Beam over Trick Attack so you get that really nice BoltBeam coverage. Thisll also help a lot better with the Skarm dos core that you mentioned you're struggling with.
  • After that, I don't exactly see much of a need for Dazzling Gleam on Meloetta, and I'm wondering why you wouldn't run Hyper Voice for an additional STAB Attack. With that I'd also run Psyshock so you have the ability to hit the Physical end of your opponents defense, and have it really function as a wallbreaker.
  • Lastly I want to briefly touch up on your weakness to Bisharp. I'd say for that replace U-Turn for Close Combat on Staraptor. Even though if you switch into it Bisharp gets a +1 Attack Boost, I believe Staraptor, especially if you switch in on a Knock Off and heal after, can live any one of Bisharp attacks, and revenge kill it nice and easy. With that said I would run the Speed EVs to outrun Jolly Bisharp, so it'll more than likely be forced to Sucker Punch you in order to move first (I believe you need 108 Speed investment to be able to do that).

Other than that (and a couple formatting issues that im sure youll notice and want to fix) the team is pretty solid, good job.

Last edited:
Hey, really cool team. The only inherent flaw i see is running Thunder Wave + Discharge + Tri Attack on Porygon2. Maybe consider running Ice Beam and Foul Play to punish anything that thinks it can setup on p2 over Discharge and Tri Attack. You could also consider Power-up Punch over Ice Punch on Lopunny to make it a bigger threat late-game. On Meloetta I see Dazzling Gleam as wasted coverage which could be replaced by Energy Ball or Hyper Voice. With Hyper Voice definitely go with Psyshock to hit fat special walls harder. Hyper Voice also helps you with your SkarmDos weakness. Really solid otherwise and good luck!

Last edited:
Hi, cool team, albeit a bit generic. I do have a few important changes that you may want to try out.
  • Tri Attack is completely unecessary. Porygon2 does not need a STAB move, as it is not very strong in the first place. However, Hidden Power [Fire] is amazing coverage to help with beating two of the biggest threats to Normal teams, Bisharp and Mega Scizor. Another option on that slot that you could try out is Foul Play to help Porygon2 take on physical setup sweepers such as Mega Scizor and Swords Dance Gliscor. Another change that I suggest is Toxic instead of Thunder Wave to deal with defensive threats such as Zapdos and opposing Porygon2, as Chansey handles the speed control just as well. Lastly, Trace is a much better ability, as it can occasionally trace game-changing abilities such as Multiscale and Prankster.
    Porygon2 @ Eviolite
    Ability: Trace
    Bold Nature
    - Toxic
    - Recover
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Discharge
  • Energy Ball
    is much, much more important than Shadow Ball. Along with offensive support from Mega Lopunny, Meloetta can become a great win-con vs. Water, which is especially important for Normal teams.
    Meloetta @ Choice Specs
    Timid Nature
    - Psychic
    - Focus Blast
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Energy Ball
  • Small change here but I would suggest running Hidden Power [Ice] IVs as Ditto does not copy Hidden Power type and that is generally the most helpful type for Hidden Power.
    Ditto @ Choice Scarf
    Bold Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
    - Transform
    gl

Last edited:

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist
Hi han nice team! (And this looks strikingly similar to how I formatted my rmt lmfao) I have a couple minor suggestions though that I think you should give a whirl.

• First off, I don't get the point of having both Discharge and Twave on Porygon2, therefore I reccomend swapping out Twave for Toxic, so you at least have options in terms of what you want to spread around, ans it can help you wear down opposing defensive pivots. With that as well I think you should run Ice Beam over Trick Attack so you get that really nice BoltBeam coverage. Thisll also help a lot better with the Skarm dos core that you mentioned you're struggling with.
  • After that, I don't exactly see much of a need for Dazzling Gleam on Meloetta, and I'm wondering why you wouldn't run Hyper Voice for an additional STAB Attack. With that I'd also run Psyshock so you have the ability to hit the Physical end of your opponents defense, and have it really function as a wallbreaker.
  • Lastly I want to briefly touch up on your weakness to Bisharp. I'd say for that replace U-Turn for Close Combat on Staraptor. Even though if you switch into it Bisharp gets a +1 Attack Boost, I believe Staraptor, especially if you switch in on a Knock Off and heal after, can live any one of Bisharp attacks, and revenge kill it nice and easy. With that said I would run the Speed EVs to outrun Jolly Bisharp, so it'll more than likely be forced to Sucker Punch you in order to move first (I believe you need 108 Speed investment to be able to do that).

Other than that (and a couple formatting issues that im sure youll notice and want to fix) the team is pretty solid, good job.
Being my first rmt, I wanted to make sure was correct, and when I looked for a well detailed mono rmt, yours was the first I saw. Hope you don't mind :)
As for the suggestions, I've tried Psyshock, Energy Ball and Hyper Voice on Meloetta, but after a few battles I found my self struggling against Sableye and Mandibuzz, hence the need for Dazzling Gleam. I found Hyper Voice not hitting much that Psychic doesn't, hence decided to replace it for Shadow Ball, as I had trouble with a few Psychic types, Slowbro in particular. As for the Staraptor suggestions, I agree that this makes Bisharp much easier to handle, and changes have been made in my teambuilder. Thanks for the rate :)

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist
Hey, really cool team. The only inherent flaw i see is running Thunder Wave + Discharge + Tri Attack on Porygon2. Maybe consider running Ice Beam and Foul Play to punish anything that thinks it can setup on p2 over Discharge and Tri Attack. You could also consider Power-up Punch over Ice Punch on Lopunny to make it a bigger threat late-game. On Meloetta I see Dazzling Gleam as wasted coverage which could be replaced by Energy Ball or Hyper Voice. With Hyper Voice definitely go with Psyshock to hit fat special walls harder. Hyper Voice also helps you with your SkarmDos weakness. Really solid otherwise and good luck!
Hey, thanks for the rate! As per suggestion, I have found that Foul Play helped a great deal Scizor, and changes have been made accordingly in the teambuilder. I've decided to replace Discharge with Ice Beam as well. As for Power-up punch, I've found either Ice Punch or Fire Punch to be much more useful, as I rarely find opportunities to use Power-up punch. Both specs Hyper Voice and Psychic 2HKO both Skarmory and Zapdos, so I don't really see why Hyper Voice is needed. Thanks nonetheless :)

Last edited:
Being my first rmt, I wanted to make sure was correct, and when I looked for a well detailed mono rmt, yours was the first I saw. Hope you don't mind :)
As for the suggestions, I've tried Psyshock, Energy Ball and Hyper Voice on Meloetta, but after a few battles I found my self struggling against Sableye and Mandibuzz, hence the need for Dazzling Gleam. I found Hyper Voice not hitting much that Psychic doesn't, hence decided to replace it for Shadow Ball, as I had trouble with a few Psychic types, Slowbro in particular. As for the Staraptor suggestions, I agree that this makes Bisharp much easier to handle, and changes have been made in my teambuilder. Thanks for the rate :)
Here's the thing though, Hyper Voice basically hits the thing you mentioned that Dazzling Gleam/Shadow Ball can, being able to 2KO Slowbro and Mandibuzz, while again giving you an additional STAB Attack in your artillery. Psyshock is able to also allow you to 2KO Zapdos, most Lanturn, Cradily, and do a solid amount of damage to Chansey. What about the p2 suggestion, what's your justification for keeping both Discharge and Twave?

Last edited:

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist
Hi, cool team, albeit a bit generic. I do have a few important changes that you may want to try out.
  • Tri Attack is completely unecessary. Porygon2 does not need a STAB move, as it is not very strong in the first place. However, Hidden Power [Fire] is amazing coverage to help with beating two of the biggest threats to Normal teams, Bisharp and Mega Scizor. Another option on that slot that you could try out is Foul Play to help Porygon2 take on physical setup sweepers such as Mega Scizor and Swords Dance Gliscor. Another change that I suggest is Toxic instead of Thunder Wave to deal with defensive threats such as Zapdos and opposing Porygon2, as Chansey handles the speed control just as well. Lastly, Trace is a much better ability, as it can occasionally trace game-changing abilities such as Multiscale and Prankster.
    Porygon2 @ Eviolite
    Ability: Trace
    Bold Nature
    - Toxic
    - Recover
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Discharge
  • Energy Ball
    is much, much more important than Shadow Ball. Along with offensive support from Mega Lopunny, Meloetta can become a great win-con vs. Water, which is especially important for Normal teams.
    Meloetta @ Choice Specs
    Timid Nature
    - Psychic
    - Focus Blast
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Energy Ball
  • Small change here but I would suggest running Hidden Power [Ice] IVs as Ditto does not copy Hidden Power type and that is generally the most helpful type for Hidden Power.
    Ditto @ Choice Scarf
    Bold Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
    - Transform
    gl
Hi, thanks for the rate!
I can see why Tri Attack is unnecessary, and the attacks have been changed to Foul Play and Ice Beam. I also agree with the Trace suggestion, and changes have been made. I decided to keep Thunder Wave, as it is one of my only checks for Terrakion.
As said earlier, I'm not keen on replacing anything with Energy Ball on Meloetta.
HP Ice on Ditto has been implemented as well.
Thank you nonetheless :)

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist
Here's the thing though, Hyper Voice basically hits the thing you mentioned that Dazzling Gleam/Shadow Ball can, being able to 2KO Slowbro, Mandibuzz, and Sableye, while again giving you an additional STAB Attack in your artillery. Psyshock is able to also allow you to 2KO Zapdos, most Lanturn, Cradily, and do a solid amount of damage to Chansey. What about the p2 suggestion, what's your justification for keeping both Discharge and Twave?
Hyper Voice doesn't hit Sableye(?) And against Dark teams, I'd rather be choice locked into Dazzling Gleam than Hyper Voice.
Shadow Ball isn't solely for Slowbro, as I need it against even Jirachi and sometimes Metagross.
As for Porygon2, the attacks have been changed to Ice Beam and Foul Play as for now.

Last edited:

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
So first off thanks for shoutout and I really like the team itself, and it's clear you put a lot of effort in. As for an actual rate I can't see much wrong with the team, and all the holes (small as they were) have been addressed above by other people. I really like this team keep up the good work bud!

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Just a small suggestion, if you intend to keep ice beam on p2, you can put PuP on lopunny, allowing it to break through most stuff like the flying core and as well as through regenerator cores.
Even toxic on one of p2 or chansey helps out a lot against opposing defensive core.

Last edited:

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist
So first off thanks for shoutout and I really like the team itself, and it's clear you put a lot of effort in. As for an actual rate I can't see much wrong with the team, and all the holes (small as they were) have been addressed above by other people. I really like this team keep up the good work bud!
Thanks fam :)

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist
Just a small suggestion, if you intend to keep ice beam on p2, you can put PuP on lopunny, allowing it to break through most stuff like the flying core and as well as through regenerator cores.
I'm thinking of replacing it with Fire Punch as a secondary Scizor check. Power-up punch doesn't seem like a bad option now either. I'll definitely try it out. Thanks for the rate :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)