1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pretty new-ish team, opinions appreciated!

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by kenisaur, Aug 21, 2011.

1. kenisaur

kenisaur

Hello all, Kenisaur here. I made a RMT not too long ago, but forgot descriptions like a dummy. So here’s Take 2. I play mainly on PO when I can, and usually lounge around on Smogon. Mucho thanks to Porii Sames for the help! (: Opinions are greatly appreciated, so have at it and don't hold back!

[​IMG]
    Dio (Deoxys-S) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Spikes
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    - Psycho Boost​

Deoxys-S is basically a suicide lead, and is usually perfectly capable of taking care of any other lead while at the head of my party. If they are a starter with SR or Spikes, I can immediately use Taunt, and then go on with my own hazards. Otherwise, I’ll put out hazards, then Psycho Boost if I’m not KO’d by that point. ​

Abe (Quagsire) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Unaware
    EVs: 255 HP / 196 Def / 56 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Curse
    - Earthquake
    - Waterfall
    - Recover​

Oh, Quagsire. He’s probably my favorite on the team, but not just because he’s cute as a button. He is completely immune to all electric attacks, and can usually take care of them with Earthquake. He’s big and bulky, which means that if there is going to be a strong attack, I can switch him in to take the hit, then just Recover afterwards. He is handy for almost any situation that you’re in a pinch.

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Sand Force
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Naïve Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Stone Edge
    - U-turn

Landorus here is a Scarfed revenge killer. He has immense overall Atk. power, and high Speed that is boosted by its Jolly nature. It also has U-turn capabilities. ​

Chalula (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Seismic Toss
    - Toxic

Chansey’s main duty in life is to take care of any tough Sp. Attackers I come across. Just switch her in, use Toxic (or Wish, depending on Pokemon in your foe’s party), then Seismic Toss to death. Lovely! If someone needs healed, I can always pop Chansey in for a turn, Wish, then switch back to my other Poke for a quick health boost.

Xatu (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
    Bold Nature (+ Def, - Atk)
    - Psychic
    - U-turn
    - Wish
    - Protect​

In the event that my Deoxys is KO’d and there is a hazard user in play, what does that call for? Xatu! With the ability Magic Bounce, any hazard, status ailment, stat change, etc. is bounced back towards the user, which is super nifty, imo. Xatu can immediately Wish, then Psychic or Protect, depending on the move used against it. If it needs to make a quick escape and it has enough Speed, then Xatu can U-Turn for extra damage.

Reptar (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower​

I’ll be honest; It was incredibly hard for me to get the hang of Ttar at first. I had never fought with Choice Scarf or anything of the sort before. But it’s so stinkin’ handy once you know how to use it. I mainly use Reptar for Superpower, since it hits so hard. If there is a Psychic type foe, I usually pop him in and use Pursuit or Crunch. ​
  2. Porii Sames

Porii Sames

Keni, it's 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe on Xatu.

Other than that, yeah...I've said everything else xD.
  3. kenisaur

kenisaur

Shoot. I knew I forgot something. Hahahah.
  4. Porii Sames

Porii Sames

Shift about 120 attack evs to special attack for Earth Power imo.
  5. kmuffinman

kmuffinman

Well, I don't know where you get the idea from, but Earth Power does not hit flying foes. That's Stone Edge, which you already have. Anyway, change Earth Power to Earthquake and change Landorus's nature to Jolly.
    Secondly, you don't need 2 wish-passers. You can either change Chansey to a Softboiled+Heal Bell set, however Chansey has much higher HP=more health restored. Thus changing Xatu would be better
    Show Hide

Xatu
    U-Turn
    Psychic
    Hidden Power Fire
    Roost
    Leftovers
    Magic Bounce
    Bold
    252 HP / 252Def / 4 Spe
    Replaced Wish and Protect on your Xatu for HPF and Roost. Roost is a good healing move on Xatu instead of Wish, and HPW is for Steel types who otherwise you couldn't do any damage to. Of course, do remember that Xatu will most likely be too slow to U-Turn out quickly, so putting some Speed EVs will help out
  6. kenisaur

kenisaur

Well, I'm sorry for the mix up. For some reason I thought it did hit flying types, my bad. I think a Xatu with Roost would be better, you're right. HP fire would probably help too, especially going up against Pokes like Ferrothorn.
  7. Molk

Molk rip houndoom
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    RU Co-Leader

Why does your quagsire have a timid nature? it should be running Impish/Careful
    Max hp and special defense if you are going to run curse.
  8. New World Order

New World Order Licks Toads
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

When on Earth has Earth Power been able to hit flying foes? (excuse the pun) I think you must've hit one as it roosted. Run EQ instead, but keep Naive nature to retain HP Ice's power (especially useful against Dragonite)

As well, don't run any speed/ speed boosting nature on Quagsire. The whole point is to be as bulky as possible so it can survive the onslaught of unboosted attacks thanks to Unaware. Since your using a Cursesire, I suggest running Careful 252 HP/ 252 SpD/ 4 Def. No need for a ton of physical bulky since Landorus already checks DD Dragons.

Also, I'm not sure why you opted for double Wish support. Chansey doesn't shut down anything that Landorus and Tyranitar can't, making it replaceable. Excadrill is unchecked, and there are two options to deal with this. If you want a defensive method, use Gliscor. If you want an offensive method, opt for Air Balloon Terrakion.while less effective than Gliscor, can sweep) With Terrakion, come in if you predict SD/ EQ, if not, let Excadrill get a kill and come in on the sac. Then either Rock Polish if you predict a switchout, or Close Combat if you want Excadrill dead now.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Impish
    Poison Heal
    252 Hp/ 176 Def/ 80 Spe
    Swords Dance
    Earthquake
    Ice Fang
    Taunt/ Protect

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
    Justified
    Jolly
    252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
    Rock Polish
    Swords Dance
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge
  9. kenisaur

kenisaur

I'm thinking about switching the nature, but not to Impish or Careful because that will deplete my Special Attack. I'm thinking about trying Bold. Would that be good?
  10. kenisaur

kenisaur

Alright. As far as Double Wish support, I made changes on my Xatu, so now it has HP Fire and Roost. Excadrill is taken care of with Quagsire. And Impish sounds good now, for some reason I thought EQ and Waterfall were Special instead of Physical type moves.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)