Pride [A Weatherless Offense Team]

-=-=-= PRIDE =-=-=-
גא​

Hello guys, this is my 3rd RMT on Smogon, and I think it is by far my best one. I hope you guys enjoy, and feel free to use my team whenever you like.

I'd like to start by saying this team means a lot to me. I have not been able to build a really solid Offense team since 4th Gen, pre Mence becoming Uber. The entire time I was building and testing this team I was thinking about Israel. I am Jewish, I really couldn't give a sh*t if you're going to make fun of me for it, because I am proud of it. Please don't ask me about the violence between Israel and Palestine, because I'm honestly rather neutral on the subject. However, the loss of life always hurts. Whether I know them or not, there are so few Jewish people left in the world I feel a little pain whenever I know they are dying. I'd like to say I tried to cheer myself up by making and building this team, and the entire time I built this team I had the Israeli Defense Forces in thought, how they work, is how this team works. Lets start.

Team Building Process

The first pokemon I wanted on my team was a Dragonite. Israel has a very good Air Force, if you remember in the 1967 war, they destroyed Egypt's Air Force in about 45 minutes. Dragonite is half flying type hence me thinking about the Air Force. Dragonite is also capable of the same destructive power.

I always wanted a team with Gengar and Deoxys-D, so I immediately fit them in here. Deoxys-D is the definition of a 5th gen Martyr, as it sacrifices itself for the benefit of the team, and Gengar is like a spy always in the shadows (;

Now I needed to go for some synergy, I needed a poke that could take Dark, Ice, Bug, and Rock moves. Mainly because these are moves used against Deoxys-D as the strongest physical moves are these types. I chose Lucario, it's not bulky but has excellent resists, in addition, with just one layer of rocks support, and a SD, this guy can cause Havoc. Lucario is the definition of a soldier.

Alright now I really really needed a spinner for Dragonite, and more important a Keldeo check. At this point Keldeo has my teams numbers, especially if it rocked Icy Wind or HP Ice. Starmie is the best thing in the world for that. It's also a water pokemon... and a military definitely needs boats and submarines.

I didn't know what else to use so I thought about what I was missing in a military squad and realized I needed a special forces, hit and runner guy, so I added in Genesect. Genesect is also great at taking hit and run moves, it doesn't have great defenses but Rotom V. Switch does no more than 40%

In Depth Analysis

Dragonite *** F-16l Sufa
@ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

This is the main pokemon of my team. Certainly not the main sweeper, because without a set up move pokemon can only kill so many of the other team, but definitely the focus. Outrage definitely gets the nod over Dragon Claw on any Choice Band Dragonite set. You already limit yourself to one move, and usually Dragonite doesn't have to worry about being locked into an Outrage late game when he usually comes in. Meaning I do my best to remove steels and ice types that can take either take an Outrage or kill Dragonite with Ice Shard. I've noticed that pokemon such as Starmie, who are faster and carry Ice Beam, are very rare on Sand Teams, and thus, Dragonite can usually take an Ice Beam, and kill with Outrage. Fire Punch is for Bronzong, Skarmory, Forretress, Scizor, and most importantly Ferrothorn, I also use it situationally against Sun Teams to hopefully nail Venusuar when I don't want to be locked into Outrage, if I need ExtremeSpeed to sweep late game. Earthquake is essential, Nite would be walled by Heatran without it, and I also have it for smashing Sun Teams and Tyranitar. The last move is ExtremeSpeed, which is the most used move on this set. ExtremeSpeed does 100% to Tornadus-T, who would otherwise destroy my team. It can also sweep through most teams late game with Hazard Support, and is needed to revenge kill pokemon such as Agility Thundurus-T.

Basically, in end Dragonite has a huge role on this team. It is fantastic against rain and sun, takes U-Turns if it has to, Hydro Pumps, and Fire Blasts, and then picks one of it's 4 moves to destroy the opposing team. Rapid Spin support is a must with Dragonite, and Starmie does a great job spinning away that sh*t.

Deoxys-D *** Sabra MBT
@ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Night Shade

This is my baby <3 Deoxys-D is the absolute man, I mean... uhm yeah. Let's run through the EVs first. 252 HP just gives it the best chance of taking U-Turns, it also has enough HP that I can clearly differentiate between Genesect sets, Expert Belt Vs Scarf, is a good 8%. Banded Genesect kills. 252 HP also gives me a 100% chance to live Specs Hydro Pump from Politoed in Rain, this allows me to get up Stealth Rocks, as well as Spikes, occasionally I Night Shade here, so I know Thunderbolt from Genesect will kill rather than Spike. Taunt is to stop other pokemon from setting up on me, I mainly use it against Hippowdon and always when they switch in Midgame, because they just want Rocks to stop Dragonite. Taunt also stops pokes like Volcarona and CM Rachi from coming in and setting up too much, if I am desperate for hazards. I chose Night Shade over Magic Coat, because I found I didn't use Magic Coat much. I also like Night Shade for getting damage on Terrakion, who could run a clean sweep through my team if it's coming in on max HP with rock support and has Rock Polish. This way I can come in and kill it with a Bullet Punch from Lucario, and g-d forbid it lives, I have to I'll send in Dragonite to kill it with ExtremeSpeed. Night Shade is also good for getting some extra damage on pokemon like Scizor, who I predict to switch in on me, but I'd rather smack it with a Night Shade than get more hazards or make a risky switch.

Gengar *** Shin Bet
@ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Alright, talk about blast from the past. This set probably needs the most explaining of everyone on the team so lets begin. The EVs are obvious, Special Attack maxed and Speed maxed to out speed the most stuff, and kill the most stuff, no bulk is needed for this guy. Shadow Ball is needed on every Gengar set, stab Shadow Ball seriously puts the SMACK DOWN, on so many rain and sun teams. Focus Blast is needed to smack Ferrothorn on Rain Teams, Terrakion, and most notably Tyranitar if it comes on a Shadow Ball, and I obviously have no hope on switching out, as nearly everyone runs Pursuit these days. Hidden Power Fire is great against sun teams, I'm pretty sure it is a 100% OHKO vs Venu with Stealth Rocks up. It also laughs at Scizor who comes in on Gengar a ton, as well as Ferrothorn without Rain. Finally, the last move of this set is Destiny Bond. Destiny Bond + Focus Sash is incredible. Focus Sash allows me to take any hit besides double hitting moves or if the other guy has sand, or I havn't been able to spin away hazards with Starmie. Destiny Bond is able to net CLUTCH KO's at the end of the game, and get me guaranteed KOs vs pokes like Terrakion late game instead of risking a Focus Blast miss. It's also fantastic at taking out Rotom, who is ALWAYS a pain, especially when I have nothing to negate or even resist Volt Switch. In addition, it helps for scouting, if I try and Destiny Bond and somehow live, they almost always switch in a scarf poke after to kill me, or after I revenge kill something after living because of Sash. That then eases predictions for the rest of the game.

Lucario *** Begin
@ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed

Here I went for another quirky set. Let's be serious, it's nearly impossible to run standard sets on every pokemon, and make an effective team. It's just way too easy to predict, you need things like Destiny Bond Gengar and Double Priority Lucario to get some sweet kills. Extreme Speed is generally used more, it hits everything that doesn't resist it for a good chunk of damage, and is a 2HKO on almost every sweeper that does not resist it with Rocks up. Bullet Punch is for Gengar and Terrakion. You might think I'm crazy for running a move for specifically 2 pokemon, but Gengar and Terrakion are 2 pokes who would definitely give me trouble if I did not have Bullet Punch. Sure Starmie kills both of them, but both come in on Lucario and sub ALOT, and I'd rather not let them set up or have to deal with the if Starmie is dead situation... Swords Dance is amazing, it allows this guy to just destroy opposing teams, it definitely gets the nod over moves like Crunch and Ice Punch... Jesus the power of an unresists Extreme Speed, Life Orb, +2 Max Attack Lucario is scary. Nothing wants to take that. Yeah... Terrak commonly comes in when I'm +2 as it can kill me with Close Combat and then it gets smashed by Bullet Punch. Close Combat is beyond powerful, it can OHKO Rotom-W with Rocks Support, with out any boosts, and destroys pokemon like Blissey, as well as Quagsire switching in, and other walls I do not want to deal with.

Starmie *** Rahav
@ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock

Starmie is necessary on this team, there really is no better offensive spinner than this thing. It has a crazy amount of speed, enough to revenge most sweepers, and enough SpA to really hurt most stall team cores. Hydro Pump + Rain 3HKOs CM Jirachi without Wish 100% of the time and 2HKOs with a layer of spikes and and rocks. It also destroys pokemon like Thundurus-T, who might try and switch in predicting Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt is necessary to hurt Politoed, Gyarados, and when I know Tornadus-T is switching in. Before I forget, the 4 SpD is actually very important, it gives Genesect an attack boost instead of a special attack boost, which is huge against Rock Polish variants who would just 6-0 me every game. The attack boost allows me to take an Ice Beam with Gengar even if I couldn't get rid of Rocks, and KO with HP Fire. Okay, sorry about that tangent. Finally, I have Psyshock for pokemon like Amoonguss, Fighting types, and Venu. It is also amazing for midgame against rain teams who have Thundurus-T. It's a very safe move, I don't have to worry about it missing or getting absorbed. It's also good for hitting pokes like Blissey on the switch in and some other special walls.

Genesect *** Likud
@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SAtk / 192 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Genesect's nickname could not match anymore perfectly. It is exactly what it says. For those of you who don't know Likud has been blamed in the past for running terrorist attacks against, and I believe there is a parallel to Genesect there. Many people think Genesect should not be in OU, and if that's the case what a good reason to use it. If Genesect is Uber, it's currently running some terrorist attacks on the OU Metagame and everyone should use it while they can. The one thing that plagues Genesect is its base 99 speed, it's easily slower than several commonly used pokemon, scarf jirachi, scarf/dd mence to name a few. 192 Speed lets me outrun scarf base 90s like Porygon-Z, and the extremely rare but dangerous Lucario. Inless you want to outspeed base 95s with scarf, which I really think is useless, I throw the rest of those EVs into attacks to give U-Turn some extra power, especially when I want to hit Tyranitar or turn out into a better counter on pokes like Politoed. 252 SpA is a must to ensure as much damage as possible. Flamethrower is for sun teams, as well as Scizor, forretress, and ferrothorn. Ice Beam hits Landorus, Gliscor, and Hippowdon, none of which I feel like dealing with when I have a hungry Lucario. Thunderbolt is for Politoed, Tentacruel, and some other water types.

My Ending Words

Okay, first and foremost, I take no credit for any of these pictures, you can get the links from quoting me and looking for them... it just took a lot of hard work to find pictures that were to scale and had translucent backgrounds.

Second, really quickly I wanted to go over the nicknames.

Dragonite: An airplane in the Israel Air Force (IAF)
Deoxys-D: A tank used in Israel's military, and probably the strongest. It is currently in use today.
Gengar: The central intelligence agency in Israel, Israel's equivalent of the United States' CIA.
Lucario: One of the first leaders of Zionism, and once head of a very powerful Israel Terrorist Group, and Prime Minister of Israel.
Starmie: The newest Israeli submarine.
Genesect: A terrorist group, as previously noted.

Please feel free to give my team any criticism you like. I will be checking this page frequently to respond to any questions and recommendations. Oh yeah, one more thing I'm currently ranked 1556 on Pokemon Online using this team at ranked #33. For proof, just log on and look. (:

Importable:​
Likud (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SAtk / 192 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Sabra MBT (Deoxys-D) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Night Shade

F-16l Sufa (Dragonite) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
- ExtremeSpeed
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Shin Bet (Gengar) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Begin (Lucario) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed

Rahav (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock

hey dude, cool team but the only thing that I'd change is to swap out night shade on deo-d for magic bounce, it's way better imo for other lead deo-d's and other various reasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)