Priority Cup [Heracronite and Flinch Items banned!]

Priority Cup

Approved by The Immortal​

Originally thought of by DinaIsha, Priority Cup is the Metagame where a whole lot of moves get, you guessed it, Priority.
(Metagame Mascot: Sableye)

(nofeather)

Rules:
All attacking moves with 40 BP or less are given a +1 Priority.
Standard OU Clauses and Banlist will apply.

Here's the list of Attacking moves with 40 BP or less:

Absorb, Acid Spray, Acid, Aqua Jet**, Arm Thrust, Astonish, Barrage, Bone Rush, Bubble, Bullet Punch**, Bullet Seed, Clamp, Comet Punch, Constrict, Disarming Voice, Double Hit, Double Kick, Double Slap, Dual Chop, Echoed Voice*, Ember, Fairy Wind, False Swipe, Feint**, Fell Stinger, Fire Spin, Fling*, Fury Attack, Fury Cutter*, Fury Swipes, Gust, Ice Ball*, Ice Shard**, Icicle Spear, Infestation, Leech Life, Lick, Mach Punch**, Mega Drain, Mud Slap, Nuzzle, Payday, Peck, Pin Missile, Pound, Powder Snow, Power Up Punch, Pursuit**, Quick Attack**, Rage*, Rapid Spin, Rock Blast, Rock Smash, Rollout*, Sand Tomb, Scratch, Shadow Sneak**, Smog, Spike Cannon, Stored Power*, Tail Slap, Thunder Shock, Triple Kick, Twineedle, Twister, Vacuum Wave**, Water Gun, Water Shuriken**, Whirlpool

*These moves will lose Priority and become neutral Priority if and when they cross the 40 BP mark.

**Old priority moves will retain their Priority. Extreme Speed would still be +2 , Fake out will remain +3, Mach Punch would still be +1 etc..

FAQ, Threatlist & Additional Bans

FAQ:
-TBA

Threatlist:
Priority Skill Link Icicle Spear and Rock Blast.
Priority Technician Power Up Punch and Bullet Seed.
Priority Technician Fell Stinger.
Priority Thick Club Bone Rush; also gets Belly Drum.
+1 Priority Brave Bird and Roost; +2 Priority Peck.
Priority Skill Link STAB Tail Slap and coverage in Rock Blast and Bullet Seed​

Banlist:
-Heracronite
-King's Rock and Razor Fang

Lastly:
Although DinaIsha has come up with the idea for the metagame, he has asked us to create and maintain the thread so, me and AWailOfATail will be running the thread and discussion for it. But, he will have a position on the council (if he wants to join that is) if/when we make one :toast:.

Last edited:
Now playable in Snaq's server! If you want to try it out drop by [url]http://aqua.psim.us/[/URL] or the om room and ask if anyone wants a battle. Don't post the server's link in the chat tho!

Also, thanks to Snaquaza for implementing the meta in his server n_n

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Priority Technician Breloom Bullet Seed.

Priority Mega Heracross Pin Missile, Rock Blast, (and now) Arm Thrust.

Priority Cloyster Icicle Spear.

G_g

Yeah, fixed the bonemerang and sonicboom thing. Please post anything else i may have missed, thanks n_n.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
How does this interact with Technician? Does the move retain its new priority, or does it simply have +0 when it crosses over the 40 BP line because of Technician? Similarly, how will the item power boosts interact with it?

Reactions: EV
It will not be affected by technician or item power boosts, the forty and under moves will retain the priority. However, if we find (after playing it somewhere if it ever gets coded :S) that it is broken we'll do something about it.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
>Cacturne cant get Fell Stinger with Bullet Seed
Literally upset because that would have been sexy

But I do see some potential like

Cinccino @ Choice Band
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Tail Slap
-Bullet Seed
-Rock Blast
-U-Turn

Standard SL Cinc would be amazing. Not only is it hitting 5 times everytime but its ensured to go first. EVs can be altered to 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe if you dont need Speed. Also LO is a viable option as well as tossing in Technician to rack up hits.

I thought Sableye would have been a great deterrent for all the physical prio spam BUUUUUUUUUT Sable maxes at 218 and there are plenty of things that outspeed it and run it over with their multihit moves

Multi hit moves shouldn't get priority at all.
that's no fun :c but multihit spam kinda breaks this meta a bit...

Well there's
Multi hit moves shouldn't get priority at all.
Well there's water shuriken but i get what you're saying most multi hit moves would be quite op with added priority. However, i just don't want to ban anything just yet, not until we actually get to play it somewhere. Besides, testing overpowered pokemon is kinda fun imo n_n.

Edit: Nice to see people taking an interest n_n. Keep posting new sets and if you could post it with the animated sprite like in the threatlist i could just update it from your comments. Thanks for your co-operation :D

Well there's

Well there's water shuriken but i get what you're saying most multi hit moves would be quite op with added priority. However, i just don't want to ban anything just yet, not until we actually get to play it somewhere. Besides, testing overpowered pokemon is kinda fun imo n_n.

Edit: Nice to see people taking an interest n_n. Keep posting new sets and if you could post it with the animated sprite like in the threatlist i could just update it from your comments. Thanks for your co-operation :D
The thing that keeps Water shuriken from being OP is its distribution. For example if something like gyarados got it would be broken asf.

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The thing that keeps Water shuriken from being OP is its distribution. For example if something like gyarados got it would be broken asf.
How would that be broken ?_? Even if it got Water Shuriken nobody would use it because it's damn weak even when it hits 5 times (it rarely does). Literally the only reason to use it would be to defeat Talonflame after a Dragon Dance.

Rage doesn't gain BP at any point under any conditions barring Technician. It raises Attack like Howl or whatever. Why is it listed as "Ceases to be a priority move when above 40 BP"?

There we go, STABmons Cloyster is back w a priority Icicle Spear. King's Rock prob can get banned. o_o

Rage doesn't gain BP at any point under any conditions barring Technician. It raises Attack like Howl or whatever. Why is it listed as "Ceases to be a priority move when above 40 BP"?
Yeah fixed that, Dina was probably thinking of pre-gen 5 rage when he made the list. Thanks for pointing it out.

More stuff: Gear Grind is 50 BP, not 40.

Echoed Voice doubles in BP each use, but is not tagged as losing priority when above 40 BP.

Extreme Speed is 80 BP. Why is it being listed at all?

Strictly speaking, Pursuit's priority rises super-high when it gets its doubled power. I sure hope you don't mean Pursuit stops performing its special function.

Bone Rush is listed twice??

Fell Stinger might actually be worth using hooray! Kricketune can get it+Technician, but... Kricketune. More likely just have Drapion consider using it as a finishing blow.

More stuff: Gear Grind is 50 BP, not 40.

Echoed Voice doubles in BP each use, but is not tagged as losing priority when above 40 BP.

Extreme Speed is 80 BP. Why is it being listed at all?

Strictly speaking, Pursuit's priority rises super-high when it gets its doubled power. I sure hope you don't mean Pursuit stops performing its special function.

Bone Rush is listed twice??

Fell Stinger might actually be worth using hooray! Kricketune can get it+Technician, but... Kricketune. More likely just have Drapion consider using it as a finishing blow.
I had already fixed the echoed voice thing before you had posted and Espeed is there just to show that it retains its +2 priority. Fixing the rest right now.

Edit- Removed gear grind, but bone rush was there once actually :S. The pursuit thing is a problem i'll look into when it gets coded.

Last edited:
But there's no reason to expect Extreme Speed's priority to change, because it doesn't qualify! This is just confusing the issue by suggesting that there's some need to name Extreme Speed in specific, when there isn't.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Low Kick, Grass Knot, etc. have variable base powers. Same with Water Spout/Eruption. Would these have priority once they hit 40 BP or less as well?

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
Imo, yes. Same with Gyro/Electro Ball and Heavy Slam (although probably only Gyro Ball will see some use).

Personally, I think that the multi-hit moves will be a big problem. Effectively having 125 BP (with skill link), it's gonna be insane. What I propose is that each multi-hit move is limited to however many hits it takes before going over the 40 total BP mark. So, Bullet Seed would always hit once, but Barrage can hit 2 times.
Then again this hasn't been implemented yet so this is all speculation, but those moves are going to be very deadly.

I agree with awailofatail. Although maybe as an alternative just ban skill link? And not nerf the moves or change them in any way. Just a possibility. Less coding too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)