Sports Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

I found it funny that the FU was renamed the Attitude Adjuster or something ridiculous. It just devalues anything that wrestling can cling to as somewhat authentic if you're making it so that little kiddies can watch. I don't understand all the hate towards Cena as if he himself is pushing him for the big titles (*cough* HHH), he was promoted quickly and is still learning give him a break, he at least cares about wrestling.

I used to love watching Smackdown Saturday mornings 5-6 years ago with Angle, Guerrero, Undertaker and a fresh Cena. Then I got disillusioned when they started the most ridiculous storyline about Guerrero fathering Rey Mysterio's son and a match to decide who gets him. Though I miss Guerrero, what a class act he was both he, Benoit and Angle are now gone which is a terrible shame because they produced great matches and had great rivalries. Benoit + Eddie in the ring together wrestlemania a few years back was my favourite wrestling moment.

I started to get back into it a few weeks back though. At the moment, Undertaker looks in great shape for his age and is going strong and I think Orton is the best all-round wrestler, very convincing acting with good ring skills. Shane McMahon is a fucking psycho though, kudos for having the balls when he has no need to do hardcore stuff.

Speaking of the draft it's going to be in Atlanta, Ga at the Philips Arena I will be going to that event I am excited, draft episode means 3 hour special.

So does anyone else think Mitsuharu Misawa needs to retire from pro wrestling? Don't get me wrong he has had many very great matches in his career, but he in my opinion is just lazy in the ring and hardly puts effort these days.

Speaking of the draft it's going to be in Atlanta, Ga at the Philips Arena I will be going to that event I am excited, draft episode means 3 hour special.

So does anyone else think Mitsuharu Misawa needs to retire from pro wrestling? Don't get me wrong he has had many very great matches in his career, but he in my opinion is just lazy in the ring and hardly puts effort these days.
You should have fun at the draft night. I don't know if it will be 3 hours, but it will be a lot of aftermath from 'Mania and all that stuff.

TNA Impact tonight too, so watch it on Spike TV!

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
tbh i stopped watching this when kane lost his mask lol
Yeh, I wish they'd make a storyline where something happens to Kane and he starts to wear the mask again (something better than the feud with Rey Mysterio). He's just not as cool anymore, but still my favourite wrestler.

Yeh, I wish they'd make a storyline where something happens to Kane and he starts to wear the mask again (something better than the feud with Rey Mysterio). He's just not as cool anymore, but still my favourite wrestler.
At this point really putting the mask on will not help with anything his character has just been turned so much over the years we already know all the stories about his character now, I heard a year or 2 ago Kane was offered a chance to wear the World Heavyweight title again and he declined. Keep in mind I do not consider the current ECW title a World Heavyweight Championship.

Havak

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, that is true. Glen wanted some of the younger talent to get more of a push and declined any World Title reigns, bar the ECW Title. I'd have liked him to have accepted.

I really miss the old Kane, he doesn't have the invincible-psycho serial killer personality about him anymore With the mask he seemed very much based on the Jason Voorhees character from Friday the 13th. Now he's just your run of the mill, super-heavyweight jobber.. What a shame.

I was so excited when I saw the promo for Gail Kim's return to Smackdown! Anyone else excited? I look forward to a Michelle McCool/Maryse vs Gail Kim

I was so excited when I saw the promo for Gail Kim's return to Smackdown! Anyone else excited? I look forward to a Michelle McCool/Maryse vs Gail Kim
I am excited she is returning, but the Smackdown Women's roster is a bit lack luster aside from Natalya (Even though I think Smackdown will lose her to ECW if they have not already.)

Also if anyone is interested the GHC Heavyweight and GHC Junior Heavyweight titles will be defended on the March 1, 2009 NOAH show that show will also feature Kenta Kobashi in action again (This guy survived cancer and is still going strong.)

The Smackdown Divas took a hit when Victoria retired. They didn't even let her win her final match, or cared to broadcast her retirement speech :[ I was also hoping for Victoria vs Gail Kim, since they've had matches before. Sorry I keep talking about the divas, I find them more interesting lol. Looking at the promo, seems like Gail will be returning as a face.

Havak

Anyone watching Raw later? I have nothing better to do so I plan on staying up and watching it.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Havak, I will come to Manchester and watch Raw with you as long as you still have that Jack Daniels y/n.

Did anyone catch TNA Against All Odds? I only caught the main event and was very let down! TNA pay-per-views are generally excellent but other than Team 3D's frolics there was very little quality in the match. I am looking forward to seeing Sting and Angle go at it though. Angle's easily the best wrestler around at the moment imo and Sting is still a legend even though he seems to have slowed down recently. The highlight of the night had to be on the subsequent Impact broadcast where Scott Steiner delivered a Frankensteiner for the first time in years. I loved it! If only he could bring the Screwdriver back!

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I watch Randy Orton segments alone, purely because I believe he has the potential to develop into this generation's Stone Cold Steve Austin / The Rock.

I think the overwhelming majority could watch wrestling in the days of Austin and The Rock -- I know I could. But there hasn't been a definitive character who has been able to connect with the fans like both The Rock and Austin could. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, as it is to be believed that the WWE sees a gem within Orton and they took the chance of placing him in a major storyline, along with awarding him with the victory at the Royal Rumble.

If Orton fails to capitalize on such an opportunity, then I will simply turn over the channel.

Havak

Taylor, I think John Cena has done alright in that regard, definitely no Stone Cold or The Rock, but he's done alright. I still hate him a bit though.

And yes Lee, I still have a fair bit of JD and some Vodka left :)

Anyone watching Raw later? I have nothing better to do so I plan on staying up and watching it.

I watch it every week but than again I live in the United States at what time does Raw air in the United Kingdom?

Shawn Michaels and Undertaker are going to steal the show at Wrestlemania anyone else think so? It is to bad Evan Bourne is likely going to miss out on Wrestlemania he would have been awesome in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Taylor, I think John Cena has done alright in that regard, definitely no Stone Cold or The Rock, but he's done alright. I still hate him a bit though.
This is why I can't agree. : (

Orton recieves pops from the crowd. Travelling back to the segment between Orton and Vince, there were "RKO" chants growing louder and louder, despite Orton being the heel. His look, typical cool-like, cold-hearted character and ability with regards to his ring work, has the WWE, the fans and essentially the wrestling world behind his back to be a major success.

I watch RAW and Smackdown! occasionally. Not much into other wrestling shows.

I used to watch ROH a lot a before I stopped caring for wrestling promotions. If you don't care about storylines and you like wrestling just for the sake of wrestling then this is the show for you. The guys go into the ring and actually wrestle, unlike the WWE who saves the wrestling part for PPVs(and still those aren't quite up to standard with ROHs level).

The WWE needs a refresh in my opinion. Orton kicking someone in the head, Edge pulls something off his ass and wins the title, HHH winning the title for the 4864894th time are getting old. It feels like we're watching fucking reruns. Oh yeah and the whole JBL Michaels feud had the same freaking segment every week lol.

It would be cool if we had a sports forum to discuss every show individually heh...

a wwe thread without kd24?_?

ok...

kane: his whole career has been 3mrd (three month ruled), his gimmick being as good as taker ... gone, his gimmick with katie vick ... gone, his masked imposter ... gone, and now he is a jobber

y2j: i wanna see him fight mickie rourke, honestly the best wrestler they have right now, watch his old wwc promos (man of 1004 holds)

edge: is a transitional champion, will be remembered for tlc and maybe his 2002 run where he was the most over guy in the business. championships dont matter, edge is still my Favorite Wrestler!_!

ROH and CHIKARA are definitely worth your time as well

KD24 aren't you lemondrop on the PWB? Well it is time to get the Money in the Bank rolling tonight we have a triple threat match between CM Punk, John Morrison, and The Miz I am really mixed about who is winning, but I think it will likely be CM Punk which means we get no Intercontinental title match at Wrestlemania.

Havak

@KD24 - ARMBAR!

@Taylor - I didn't quite understand the 'this is where I can't agree' bit of your post. But yeh, Orton is one of the most talented stars in the WWE at the moment in every regard.

@Go2Sleep02 - RAW is on at 2am here in England :( finishing at 4am. I do often stay up to watch though, unless I have to be somewhere early Tuesday morning.

Also, yes. Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 25 will steal the show, I'm certain of it.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I agree with Taylor about Orton...I really enjoyed his face period when he left Evolution and I've appreciated him ever since.

Oh and

Hogan, Savage, Lex Luger, Hall and Nash, Jeff Jarrett, and Bret Hart just to name a few, and that's a testament to WWE's ability to build stars.
Lex Luger was in WCW long before he joined WWF. So was Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and countless others for that matter. WWF got the majority of their stars over the past two decades from WCW and that's an inarguable fact!

KD24 aren't you lemondrop on the PWB? Well it is time to get the Money in the Bank rolling tonight we have a triple threat match between CM Punk, John Morrison, and The Miz I am really mixed about who is winning, but I think it will likely be CM Punk which means we get no Intercontinental title match at Wrestlemania.
yeah man sup, i was in the official no way out aim chat with everyone from the pwb. i recgonize you from there lol but maybe im mistaken. i have the feeling the carlito and primo will unify titles with john and miz so im pretty sure cm punk is winning tonight.

if vince cares about money, hbk will definitely win tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)