Sports Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

R.I.P. to The Ultimate Warrior. It was shocking to see him look so well during the Hall of Fame ceremony, Wrestlemania 30, and last night on RAW to suddenly hear about him passing away. Even though I wasn't born during the time Warrior was at his prime, I have watched some of his matches on Youtube and that man had so much energy that sometimes you could even feel like you're getting some of that energy The Ultimate Warrior had.

Damn. It's a disgrace that it took this long for him to get into the Hall of Fame, but to think that if Wrestlemania were even a week later he wouldn't have made it to the ceremony.

I'd give my thoughts, but I think he said it better than I ever could:

I'm beating a dead horse, but after a week to think about everything, I think WWE got it right with ending the streak. I was initially against it, like, "let Taker go off with a perfect record, he earned it being in the company for 25 years." But, after I watched the Heyman segment on Raw, I'm sold. Heyman worked that crowd masterfully, I dare say, epically. I know Heyman can make the most of the streak ending, literally (as in, nobody can make more of it than him), I just hope WWE doesn't screw it up like it usually finds a way to do. Come to think of it, aside from Punk and Bryan, Heyman's been the best thing on WWE lately (not to take anything from the Shield and the Wyatts).

I'm a Heyman fangirl, been one for over a decade now. He needs more say in the company than Vince's daughter and his doofus son-in-law.

Reviving this thread!

Who thinks Paige is hottest Diva?
i like AJ and stephanie better.

Anyone excited about KENTA? I've watched a few of his matches on youtube:
he wrestles with a similar style to wrestlers like punk and bryan. but man, after watching that match, i'm convinced that daniel bryan really is a man of a thousand submissions.

anyways, will kenta end up like all the other wwe japanese wrestlers including yoshi tatsu and funaki?
will the wwe universe get behind him?
will he feud with daniel bryan?
will paul heyman be his mouth piece?
are asians bad for business?
will triple h take out the shovel?
we'll have to find out

So Spike isn't deciding to renew TNA's TV contract come October. Because Dixie re-hired Russo when the TV execs said not too. And shethought she could do this and not have them find out.

I have never seen someone more incompetent in wrestling than her. When your goddamn TV exec/producer/whatever says jsut don't hire this person and you do it anyways means that you're made out of fuckballs or something. Like for fuck's sake, it's not like Russo was good.

I'm actually a bit sad about the roster because while most of the top talent will easily be picked up by other companies, the lower card (and Richards and King, but those guys burned bridges) might not be. Along with the decreased TV exposure, we not might get as many new stars, but I don't know, WWE picking up KENTA and Devitt might prove me wrong.
It's also going to suck not seeing EC3 and Spud as they were pretty much one of the very few reasons to watch Impact in the first place.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Holy crap this thread died and I'm reviving it.

So what's everyone here into? I don't really have favourites but I like to watch a bit of everything. Because of my schedule lately I've mostly been watching WWE/random old NJPW stuff, but I also attend local shows, and they're pretty good in all honesty. Right now our local promotion has an angle going with Christopher Daniels as the head of a heel faction, and its main opposition is a guy named JP Simms, who is our resident John Cena. It gets me pumped because Bobby Roode is FINALLY coming back here next month to wrestle one of the guys from the heel faction. Aaack, hype!

So does JP Simms go BRRRRRRRABBBAADDOOOO! and throw his cap into the audience and kiss his dog tags before handing him to the ref.

If so, I like it.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
So does JP Simms go BRRRRRRRABBBAADDOOOO! and throw his cap into the audience and kiss his dog tags before handing him to the ref.

If so, I like it.
Nah, his antics are closer to a younger Cena, where he comes in with a semi-gangster attitude and tries to act cool and badass when he's a lame poser that held the title for way too long. A bunch of my friends and I, and a few other smarks in the crowd tend to turn their backs on him when he makes his entrance, but just like Cena, he eats up the hate, because love him or hate him, he's over as fuck.

WWE has outdone themselves again!
2013 Royal Rumble - CM Punk gets screwed out of his historic title reign that lasted 434 days, the longest in decades!
2014 Royal Rumble - After the crowd chanted for Daniel Bryan throughout the entire PPV, he was still not included in the rumble match
2015 Royal Rumble - Daniel Bryan gets eliminated like he was a nobody

They missed out in a perfect opprtunity to do something with Sandow's gimmick, having The Mix get eliminated after the 3rd participant.
Bubba Ray came back, which is cool, and R-Truth got a push(sort of) by doing the Dudley's famous tag team moves with him.
Why is WWE shitting on Daniel Bryan, like all the time.
The Triple Threat match for the WWE championship is probably the only reason to watch RR 2015. Cena put on a better show than usual, Rollins is always entertaining, and Brock was just sort of....there.
I am pretty fucking happy Boogeyman returned, even if he did get eliminated quickly. They made a stare-down between two of the most creepy wrestlers in the last decade, which is all I want out of the closet monster.
Can Tyson Kidd not be in Tag Teams? Like....please?
Who the fuck thought that two young guys beating up on elders would be a good push?
No Randy Orton return, boo.
No Sheamus return, boo.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
Kidd and Cesaro are a really fun tag-team to watch. The only reason I don't like them being a tag team is because they have to feud with the Usos. (Booso, Usnors?)

Also, get hype for Takeover tomorrow. The card looks absolutely fantastic. There's also NJPW The New Beginning for anyone willing to stay up/wake up early tonight/tomorrow morning and Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
I'm just gonna watch the replay of the NJPW PPVs...but I'm absolutely watching Takeover tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)