Profiles Profile: Dinotrek27

Hello everyone i have never actually played a single match before so I am really clueless about this and will appreciate a little help. a few questions would be can i literally chose any pokemon i want and just start with it or what and how much money and items do i start with? Thanks! If i can pick any poke i want, then I chose to start with Horsea, Charmander and Litwick.

Trainer Name: Dinotrek27
Pokemon: Horsea, Charmander and Litwick
Currency: NIL
Items: NIL
Miscellaneous: NIL
Prize Claims: NIL

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi there and welcome to ASB!

You should start off by reading our Beginner's Guide, found here that should answer each of your questions and show you how to claim your Pokemon.

It seems to say that I can choose whatever poke I want but recommends me to start with a low rank poke for beginner battles rite? And it does not say if we start with a set amount of counters although it explains how to earn it. But thanks the guide is quite detailed

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You can certainly choose Horsea Charmander and Litwick if you wish.

You start with 6 Currency Counters which are used to purchase your Pokemon, so after getting your Horsea, Charmander, and Litwick you would have 0 CC. You do not start with any other counters.

You can certainly choose Horsea Charmander and Litwick if you wish.

You start with 6 Currency Counters which are used to purchase your Pokemon, so after getting your Horsea, Charmander, and Litwick you would have 0 CC. You do not start with any other counters.
I see thanks! So I just fill in the details and stuff. How about items? Oh never mind I can off items until I earn them I see

Last edited:
Check the player handbook, you get a handful of berries to start off with (I haven't used any berries yet, so look at the berries in my profile. You get two of each of the berries I have there). Then you use the second post in this thread (and subsequent posts, as needed) to store your pokemon. Then a homie like Psyduck up there comes by, checks to make sure all the moves on your pokemon are legal for them to have and their stats are correct, and approves your profile and deletes his/her own posts there.

BTW, beginner's tip; spend your first 6 CC on an Amulet Coin. You can specify Training Items Only (Amulet Coin, XP Share, and Lucky Egg, basically) when you post a challenge in the Battle Tower, and the Amulet Coin specifically lets you earn 1 more CC per match, increasing the speed at which you can buy more items.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)