1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Profile Infractions

Discussion in 'Moderator Discussion' started by Kumar, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Kumar

Kumar
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

2. DM

DM Ce soir, on va danser.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

I didn't realize profile infractions were a seperate thing. I've been infracting sig size all along, but I just infract the post with "Read the Rules" and tell them to make it smaller. I'll start doing it this way.
  3. Kumar

Kumar
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

4. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

reduced that guy's sig
  5. Kumar

Kumar

Infracted !!DarKnighT666:) for his terrible posting quality in the RMT forum. This should put him in the 'close to being banned' group.
  6. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Please do not use profile infractions for poor posting quality. If their posting habits are bad enough to warrant an infraction, it should not be difficult to find one or two bad posts that can be infracted. This way the user can see specifically what has gotten them into trouble and what they should avoid in the future. Infractions are as much about teaching as they are about punishment.
  7. Kumar

Kumar

Don't worry, I made a very detailed infraction message and pointed out which posts are bad etc.
  8. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

What Aeolus is saying it's better to infraction those posts themselves when you notice they are breaking the rules instead of coming back out of nowhere with "OH YEAH........"
  9. david stone

david stone Fast-moving, smart, sexy and alarming.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

This could also lead to another mod potentially infracting a post that you do essentially do a profile infraction for.
  10. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag

There are a few problems with it, but that is one of them, Obi, yes. I just know that I won't be using profile infractions for posting violations, rather reserving them for signatures of excessive size and other offenses of a similar nature.
  11. DM

12. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag

reduced the sig
  13. Misty

Misty oh
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

DM, do you know how to use the mod cp to change someone's sig?
  14. Fish

Fish
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Oh I see, there is a thread for these...

Yesterday I infracted Marrilpet for having a ridiculously long sig, but I made it a two point infraction since he already had three "read the rules" pending. This put him in the "I could be banned!" usergroup, which apparently also disables their ability to display a signature.
  15. DM

I've looked around the cp and I never noticed any way I could change anyone else's information, I've tried many times before. I mean, I can go into the fields and delete/type new information, but there's no way to save it.
  16. Misty

Misty oh
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

If you access the cp from User Options, you should see a link that says "[Edit Signature]". From there you can change the sig and click Save.
  17. Misty

Misty oh

dm is gay

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)