Project Neverused: Revival

Django is a loser y/n

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sucker Punch is illegal with it, then I guess PS must be bugged since it allows us to use it.

Regardless, Stantler is a cool mon and our set would be perfectly usable with EQ or Jump Kick over Sucker Punch, allowing it to take on Golem and co. You should all try it!
Ya know, I've had issues like that with PS! as well. It (quite a few times) let me use Scrappy Kangaskhan with Wish and Body Slam, which are illegal with Scrappy, so idk. Maybe it changed or something with Stantler, like one was released with Sucker Punch and Sap Sipper. Regardless, it's a cool set for a cool mon.

Golurk @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
172 HP / 252 Atk / 86 Spe
- Shadow Punch
- Dynamicpunch
- Earthquake / Ice Punch
- Telekinesis

Want to use Dynamicpunch, but can't live without Iron Fist? This gimmicky set is for you! Like CB, it lacks on speed department, but with nice prediction it pays off. After a Telekinesis (that you can fire on a predicted switch), Dynamicpunch works like if you had No Guard, AND it gets that cool Iron Fist boost. Did your opponent send a flyer/levitator? Don't worry, because Telekinesis works like a mini Gravity, and lets you fire an Earthquake against them. The slashes are mostly situational, but Ice Punch nails Tangela and Altaria way harder. Telekinesis works better than Gravity on this set, because the latter don't allow you to use Dynamicpunch well (unless you're fine with 83%, not much better than Stone Miss), at the cost of 1 turn.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Golurk @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
172 HP / 252 Atk / 86 Spe
- Shadow Punch
- Dynamicpunch
- Earthquake / Ice Punch
- Telekinesis

Want to use Dynamicpunch, but can't live without Iron Fist? This gimmicky set is for you! Like CB, it lacks on speed department, but with nice prediction it pays off. After a Telekinesis (that you can fire on a predicted switch), Dynamicpunch works like if you had No Guard, AND it gets that cool Iron Fist boost. Did your opponent send a flyer/levitator? Don't worry, because Telekinesis works like a mini Gravity, and lets you fire an Earthquake against them. The slashes are mostly situational, but Ice Punch nails Tangela and Altaria way harder. Telekinesis works better than Gravity on this set, because the latter don't allow you to use Dynamicpunch well (unless you're fine with 83%, not much better than Stone Miss), at the cost of 1 turn.
I like the idea behind this, but I don't really think this set would be worth the effort. The 2 turns of perfect accuracy moves isn't worth giving up a whole moveslot for, and you also end up losing coverage on Flying-types unless you give up Earthquake (which would be a huge waste). If you really want to abuse DynamicPunch, No Guard variants are still superior in every way, and can set up Stealth Rocks to boot. They also abuse Stone Edge, which covers the Flying Pokemon that you'd want Ice Punch for. Iron Fist boosted DPunches are a nice thing in theory, but it honestly doesn't provide anything except confusion, which is not really the most reliable thing regardless (most people use it for the chance to stop Rock set up or as a last resort gamble for hax). If the effects of Telekinesis lasted longer, perhaps this set would be more worthwhile, but I honestly don't see a point for it.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
There's also the fact that Golurk learns Gravity, allowing you to use EQ or/and DPunch without repurcussion.

Telekinesis doesn't make levitators hit by ground moves, it's the only way to guarantee they can't be hit by them. (If you have Mold Breaker or something? I dunno.) Makes the enemy immune to ground moves, spikes, toxic spikes, arena trap, etc.

Go with Gravity if you have to have Iron Fist and Dynamic Punch. It lets you use Earthquake, Stone Edge, and Dynamic Punch all with reasonable accuracy, and Earthquake can hit floaters. Telekinesis removes one of Golurk's STABs.

That set can be pretty good, but it is still inferior to the normal Ninjask SD set. The first reason why this set is outclassed is because the SD set has no survivability. Ninjask can have several chances to switch in, and this set is just ridding you of a lot of health for a small attack boost. And that leads me to the second reason. Your set only works once for a small attack boost, whereas the SD set, as I said, can come in and set up multiple boosts at different times in the match.

One thing that can make this set different is the adding of a petaya berry, making it a set-up pokemon for a special sweeper. However, Volbeat can pass bigger Satk boosts and can come in more than once. But, although Ninjask can only pass one Satk boost once, it also passes speed, turning pokemon like Samurott into unstoppable monsters.

To sum it all up, I say that speed boost + leichi berry is outclassed, and a better choice would be petaya + speed boost, if you don't mind a lower Satk boost compared to using Volbeat.

Also, flash is just... don't use flash...
Good point about the petaya berry. Hadn't thought about that one :)

I think my set doesn't lose too much survivability, as it can pass only speed boosts early game, while passing speed + attack/sp.attack later in the game. SD Ninjask also loses health quickly by subs and SR. The only thing it has over Berry Ninjask is leftovers.

If opponents see a Ninjask, they're not going to give it free turns to set up SD. They're just going to attack it continuously, until it has low hp or enough speed boosts and has to bp w/o a sub and w/o a SD boost. At least, that's what most opponents do. Berry Ninjask takes advantage of that by still getting an offensive boost. And, like you said, a Samurrot or a Golurk or something similar can run through teams with just a +1 offensive boost.

And about flash...I use X-Scissor, but I thought I'd just put Flash there as well...:)

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Pinsir@ Expert Belt
Trait: Moxie
Jolly Nature
252A/4D/252 Speed
X-Scissor
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Quick Attack/Close Combat

I always thought Pinsir was one of the most underrated pokes in NU, and this set has been doing wonders. When most people see Pinsir without leftovers of life orb, it is expected to be MoxieScarfed Pinsir. With expert belt, it can not only set itself up for a late game sweep, but it can also not expect another poke on my team to be scarfed (for one of my teams, scarfed haunter). First two moves are extremely common and should be on all pinsir sets with the nice satb and coverage for fire and flying types. Though Close combat is a great move, it is incompatible to have Close Combat, Quick Attack and Moxie on the same set. Earthquake is there as an alternate hard hitting move over close combat. Though close combat can go in the last slot for a strong hitting move, quick attack has been so beneficial in conjunction with x-scissor and quick attack against a scarfed poke who can think they can outspeed. It also does a great job at picking off weakened pokes. This poke does not hit extremely hard, so it is ideal to have spike support. Once this poke can get a kill or two, it is close to unstoppable.

Yeah, I feel like, even though Expert Belt Pinsir was more effective before last month's drops, it is still effective in this metagame as well. Pinsir is expected to be scarfed most of the time, and not seeing anything to suggest otherwise is what makes Expert Belt such a fine choice on Pinsir. In fact, thanks to its access to Quick Attack, Pinsir is arguably better off with an Expert Belt in this metagame than it is with a Choice Scarf. People will often bring in a frail scarfer to revenge Pinsir, only to die themselves.

Solid set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)