Project Neverused: Revival

Django is a loser y/n

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion

Exeggutor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Sunny Day
- SolarBeam
- Psychic
- Sleep Powder

While Exeggutor is a prominent force on teams nowadays, many people use the Choice Specs set or even the Harvest set instead of this thing, so I figured I should post it as an Underrated set.

Sunny Day Exeggutor is ridiculously good in the current metagame. Even without any HP investment, it is decently bulky and can live most hits that aren't super-effective with ease to set up Sunny Day. Once sun is up, Solarbeam will decimate most things that don't resist it, easily OHKO'ing both Zangoose and Cinccino. Psychics power isn't very far behind, OHKO'ing Emboar and Swellow easily, as well as physically defensive Amoonguss after Stealth Rock; it also 2HKO's Braviary. The only things that don't mind taking hits from this too much are Pokemon that resist it, which is pretty much limited to Klang, Cacturne, Skuntank and other Exeggutor, or dedicated special walls such as Lickilicky. Sleep Powder is an emergency button for this set, allowing Exeggutor to beat many of the Pokemon listed above and generally incapacitate almost everything it can't KO in one hit.

Of course, Exeggutor has many other options on this set, such as running a Life Orb over Leftovers. Leftovers helps a lot when sweeping as well as tanking hits in general, and it doesn't gain many notable KO's; in fact, the only one I can think of right now is Braviary after Stealth Rock damage. A Timid nature is also an option, but without Modest the OHKOs against Swellow, Cinccino and Zangoose are no longer guaranteed. The extra speed comes in handy against Pokemon such as Rotom-S though, who outspeed you with a Modest nature. The last option would be using another move such as Substitute or Hidden Power [Fire] over Sleep Powder, which isn't worth it for me personally, but I guess it can work.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender

- Sunny Day
- SolarBeam
- Psychic
- Sleep Powder

While Exeggutor is a prominent force on teams nowadays, many people use the Choice Specs set or even the Harvest set instead of this thing, so I figured I should post it as an Underrated set.

Sunny Day Exeggutor is ridiculously good in the current metagame. Even without any HP investment, it is decently bulky and can live most hits that aren't super-effective with ease to set up Sunny Day. Once sun is up, Solarbeam will decimate most things that don't resist it, easily OHKO'ing both Zangoose and Cinccino. Psychics power isn't very far behind, OHKO'ing Emboar and Swellow easily, as well as physically defensive Amoonguss after Stealth Rock; it also 2HKO's Braviary. The only things that don't mind taking hits from this too much are Pokemon that resist it, which is pretty much limited to Klang, Cacturne, Skuntank and other Exeggutor, or dedicated special walls such as Lickilicky. Sleep Powder is an emergency button for this set, allowing Exeggutor to beat many of the Pokemon listed above and generally incapacitate almost everything it can't KO in one hit.

Of course, Exeggutor has many other options on this set, such as running a Life Orb over Leftovers. Leftovers helps a lot when sweeping as well as tanking hits in general, and it doesn't gain many notable KO's; in fact, the only one I can think of right now is Braviary after Stealth Rock damage. A Timid nature is also an option, but without Modest the OHKOs against Swellow, Cinccino and Zangoose are no longer guaranteed. The extra speed comes in handy against Pokemon such as Rotom-S though, who outspeed you with a Modest nature. The last option would be using another move such as Substitute or Hidden Power [Fire] over Sleep Powder, which isn't worth it for me personally, but I guess it can work.
I've used the Substitute + Sunny Day set before which is similar to this and I can say that it's absolutely amazing. The list of Pokemon that can revenge Exeggutor shrinks by a huge, huge amount the moment you use Sunny Day. On top of that, it hits extremely hard with its STABs and can plow through most offensive teams with ease. I've never tried out Sleep Powder over Substitute before since most things Exeggutor forces out and sets up on also have the option of inflicting status on it (Amoonguss, Alomomola, etc.), but it does help a whole lot against Skuntank.

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
This set is one of my favorite sets to use right now. Its deceptively strong and plows through almost all offensive teams like nothing. Sunny Day Eggy managed to win me the last game of the mini tour by just demolishing everything in its path and then coming out unscathed. Honestly I love this set and will use it on many more teams for sure.

I can also attest to this set's greatness. Many games have been won by setting up sun with prankster liepard, smashing with eggy, and then cleaning up with special attacking rapidash. As random as this grouping sounds, it is quite effective in my experiance. Then again, anything with sun eggy is automatically win. Anyways, i basically used the exact same set as CBB except synthesis > sunny day because liepard. It really does smash EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG..........

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Aw. Is it just that it's too unreliable of a move overall?
In such an offensive metagame, making yourself a sitting duck for 3 turns is a terrible, terrible idea. Any decent player will use these turns to screw you over, either setting up hazards, just flat out killing the bide user, or setting up dangerous sweepers like Fraxure or Zangoose. It won't work in any even semi-competitive match, and there are 100% better options on every single Pokemon...

- Sunny Day
- SolarBeam
- Psychic
- Sleep Powder
This is the kind of thing I want to see more of in this thread. Now, what sort of teammates would be useful with this? It was mentioned that this set has trouble with Klang and Skuntank, and as cbb mentioned in another thread (?) an Expert Belt Haunter with Substitute and HP Ground can lure them both to great effect. Lickilicky and other special walls can be troublesome if Sleep Clause is already active, so I would say pairing this with Emboar would be a fun idea, expecially considering how much Sun boosted Flare Blitz is going to hurt. Anything else you guys would think of using alongside this?

Sub+3 attacks Golurk can be another good teammate with Dynamich Punch killing Lickylicky & Earthquake killing Skuntank and Klang. He's also one of the (if not THE) best spinblocker in the tier and have useful resistance/immunities and can have a sort of help from sun reducing his water weakness.

Sawsbuck is another good teammate, but i think that he rely too much from sun. In any case his speed is not garbage and can outspeed all the three threats (considering not boosted Klang) and kills them with Jump Kick and Nature Power (bypassing even Sucker Punch from Skuntank).

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
Yeah, Emboar is a fantastic teammate since it beats all 6 Pokemon that resist its attacks/wall it, which would be other Exeggutor, Klang, Cacturne, Skuntank, Regice and Lickilicky one on one. Choice Band Eelektross and other strong Choice Banders in general work just as well.

Destiny Bond Haunter is notable for being able to kill any of those except Exeggutor and Cacturne if done right, since the other four also like to switch into it.

I present you with Vigorth , the underrated ape. I'm just going to copy and paste then add a few details from my post in team building thread cause I'm lazy :P

Vigoroth @ Eviolite
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SDef
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up / Toxic / Night Slash
- Frustration
- Slack Off
- Taunt

Role: Stall Breaker

What it does: I started using this as a sort of counter to non-focus blast Jynx but it's uses reach far beyong that. Thanks to it's excellent speed, taunt and Vital Spirit allows it come in on the likes of Amoonguss and Tangela and Eggy and begin setting up or just causing a little damage. Bulk up allows you to clean some defensive teams but can be replaced with Toxic or even something like Amnesia. Most special attacks do little to this guy while Bulk Up patches up his physical weakness

Good Teammates: Anything that and sponge physical fighting attacks such as Amoonguss and Tangela. Heal Bell Support is also appreciated in case you get a bad cold , poison or burn this makes the like of Musharna, Missy and Vileplume great teammates.

What counters it: As a mono-attacker any Ghost type can counter this set if it doesn't opt for Toxic or Night Slash over Bulk Up. Rock and Steel types are bascially a hard stop unless you somehow set up and crit them, which in one of the Showdowns I did manage. Strong Fighting types also do a lot of damage such as Band Emboar's Superpower or Band Sawks' Close Combat.

Any Additional Info:

Detailed Result:
252 SpAtk Choice Specs Exeggutor (+SpAtk) Leaf Storm vs 252 HP/200 SpDef Eviolite Vigoroth (+SpDef) : 73.63% - 86.81%
2 hits to KO

This means you can come in on Eggy and outspeed to Slack Off on the second attempt. Modest Eggy reachs 209 speed while 0 Speed Vigoroth reachs 216. Though Timid Eggy of course out-speeds.

Hello!

A set that I use with my Beheeyem on Pokemon Showdown. (Oh, and excuse me if you have difficulty to understand, English is not not my first language.)

Beheeyem @Leftovers
Trait: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpA
Quiet Nature (+SpA, -SpE)
-Signal beam
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt/Energy Ball
-Substitute

This set relies on being the slowest thing on the field. With the use of the Leftovers and thanks to its HP, Beheeyem can resist a turn and set Subsitute. After, Beheeyem can inflict heavy damage without fear. Use Thunderbolt against Braviary (Beheeyem can resist to U-Turn and use Substitue after), Ninjask and other flying threat. Or Energy Ball for Golem and Golurk.

Not sure if it's respectable for my first post!

Okay, I present to you a little Zebstrika set I've been working on.

Zebstrika @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Trait: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Double-Edge
- Pursuit / Quick Attack
- Bounce / Double Kick

Yes, I'm serious about physical Zebstrika. Zebstrika is the kind of Pokemon that had good enough stats to be a powerhouse, with 100 Atk and a trollish 116 Spe, but a subpar movepool let it down. Now you might be thinking: "Did Zebstrika even get any good moves from BW2?" And the answer is... no. But on the other hand, its Dream World ability, Sap Sipper, is now released, which lets Zebstrika switch in on things like Amoonguss and Tangela with ease. Wild Charge is obligatory STAB, and Double-Edge is used over Return for maximum power. Pursuit can be useful to get a big hit on fleeing foes/Golurk, but Quick Attack is good for much-needed priority, although it leaves you walled by Golurk even more. Bounce and Double Kick are only there because, well, Zebstrika doesn't get anything better.

Hello!

A set that I use with my Beheeyem on Pokemon Showdown. (Oh, and excuse me if you have difficulty to understand, English is not not my first language.)

Beheeyem @Leftovers
Trait: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpA
Quiet Nature (+SpA, -SpE)
-Signal beam
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt/Energy Ball
-Substitute

This set relies on being the slowest thing on the field. With the use of the Leftovers and thanks to its HP, Beheeyem can resist a turn and set Subsitute. After, Beheeyem can inflict heavy damage without fear. Use Thunderbolt against Braviary (Beheeyem can resist to U-Turn and use Substitue after), Ninjask and other flying threat. Or Energy Ball for Golem and Golurk.

Not sure if it's respectable for my first post!
Hey, welcome to Smogon! Glad your first post could be in NU! I think you're on the right track with this Beheeyem set, but might I suggest a few tweaks? For example, Raseri recently threw out a Choice Specs set that also abuses Analytic. I think this is probably better than a set with Substitute as your health isn't being chipped away as much, and your already-good Special Attack is boosted even further by Choice Specs. I haven't had much experience with Beheeyem, so I can't give much of an opinion on it.

Okay, I present to you a little Zebstrika set I've been working on.

Zebstrika @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Trait: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Double-Edge
- Pursuit / Quick Attack
- Bounce / Double Kick

Yes, I'm serious about physical Zebstrika. Zebstrika is the kind of Pokemon that had good enough stats to be a powerhouse, with 100 Atk and a trollish 116 Spe, but a subpar movepool let it down. Now you might be thinking: "Did Zebstrika even get any good moves from BW2?" And the answer is... no. But on the other hand, its Dream World ability, Sap Sipper, is now released, which lets Zebstrika switch in on things like Amoonguss and Tangela with ease. Wild Charge is obligatory STAB, and Double-Edge is used over Return for maximum power. Pursuit can be useful to get a big hit on fleeing foes/Golurk, but Quick Attack is good for much-needed priority, although it leaves you walled by Golurk even more. Bounce and Double Kick are only there because, well, Zebstrika doesn't get anything better.
Now, this is something I helped test, so I have a little bit more experience with it. I fully support physical Zebstrika. As long as you manage to nab a Sap Sipper boost (something quite easy to get in our current metagame), this thing's Choice Band set can do quite a bit of damage. One specific thing I had fun with was coming in on Cinccino's Bullet Seed, then KO'ing it with Double Kick. Life Orb sets are probably more viable than Choice Band, considering Zeb really needs to have access to its coverage options. With Life Orb, it can easily frustrate Alomomoonguss cores with Bounce + Wild Charge. Not as good as some of our top physical Pokemon, but definitely something worth trying out if it can fit snugly into your team.

LO Absol seems like another good teammate, especially with Taunt. Superpower is fantastic and can kill Lickilicky, Klang, and other Dark-types. Taunt is really good on Absol and prevents Regirock and others from setting up Stealth Rock. Also, its STAB moves destroy Ghosts and opposing Psychic-types.

I probably wouldn't use that Mawile on a lot of teams because Mawile just doesn't have the stats nor the recovery to consistently wall threats. It also has somewhat of a 4MSS moveslot syndrome with all of the decent options Mawile has. Still, Mawile's ability, Intimidate, really softens up blows and has more utility than people give it credit for and Mawile always has that wonderful Steel-typing. Super Fang is another interesting option to do some damage to the opponent.

Life Orb Electrode is another set that intrigues me. While Electrode is painfully weak even with Modest and Life Orb, that Speed which almost every other NU Electric-type lacks is just too good to pass up. I can imagine that it'd be very deadly late-game with some Spikes set-up. The addition of Aftermath also made Electrode a tad more viable. Honestly, I never really liked Electrode much, but I feel as if it has some unexplored potential.

Also, just saying, if you start off talking about a Pokemon set you post saying that it's pretty gimmicky, you're probably better off not posting it. This thread shouldn't be where you post sweepers you swept some noob with and then had a good laugh afterwords (of course, that's always nice, but this really isn't the place for it).

The key with Electrode is you pretty much have to use Thunder despite it's shakier accuracy. Thunder hits incredibly hard and gives you 2HKOs on anything neutral that's really bulky otherwise like a Miltank.

Honestly, just use it with Volt Switch and you'll be fine.

All of my experience with using LO Electrode has been rain-aided though, so obviously I find it infinitely more useful.

252/252/4 Modest

Thunder
Volt Switch
Hidden Power Ice
Taunt

Is a pretty good set.

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
From what I've seen, LO Electrode a decent cleaner. Since it outspeeds like everything and can afford to be modest -only slower than Swellow iirc.

*The face makes me wanna punch it*

That defensive Mawile posted above seems really interesting, especially with the rise and rise of Cinccino (and it can kind of check Zangoose too, when combind with something else to take Close Combat). As for the moveset, I think Seismic Toss should fit in there somewhere, perhaps over Iron Head. The ability for consistent damage can really come in handy, especially when the Pokemon in question is not exactly an offensive behemoth. I think a moveset of Stealth Rock / Seismic Toss / Toxic / Knock Off could be very effective, but would require a very solid team around it.
I agree with everything stated above. I've never tried Seismic Toss but it can really be handy in wearing down threats such as CM Musharna (even though Mawile should not stay in on boosted Psychics) and Emboar. Mawile is an amazing pivot because of its typing and Intimidate. Bulky Psychic types are great partners for Mawile especially Grumpig because he resists Fire-type attacks thrown at Mawile with Thick Fat. Grumpig can also take the plethora of special attacks thrown at Mawile. Mawile really can't be thrown onto any team but it fills a niche that many teams may need.

@ Leftovers
Ability : Water Absorb
EVs : 252 HP / 188 Sp Def / 68 Def
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Knock Off / Toxic

Bulky Seismitoad is a pretty good pokemon especially with the release of Water Absorb. He can easily wall Rotom-S as Air Slash takes 5-6 hits to KO. He can easily switch in on Probopass as they try to Volt Switch which nullifies their momentum. He can be an excellent pivot against Water and Electric type moves. For example, he can switch in on a Hydro Pump from Samurott and then go out into a Pokemon such as Swellow or Braviary to take the Grass Knot and then KO the Samurott. The EV Spread allows Seismitoad to always survive two Adamant max attack EQs from Golem as Seismitoad can proceed to KO with Scald and possibly OHKO Golem in one turn with the burn chance. The rest is poured into Special Defense to take attacks from special attackers like Rotom-S and Haunter much better. Stealth Rock is a new addition to Seismitoad's movepool (I believe) and Seismitoad has many chances to set up Stealth Rocks throughout the match. Scald and Earth Power provide nice STABs and Scald's burn chance will frighten physical attackers such as Sawk from coming in safely. The last move comes down to personal preference. I am a big fan of Knock Off since it can get rid of the many Eviolite users in the tier while also nullifying recovery from Musharna and friends. Toxic can be used to nab the opposing Grass type on the switch in or to cripple walls.

Weezing makes for an excellent partner for Seismitoad as it can take on many physical attackers that Seismitoad is scared of and can easily roast Grass types with Fire Blast. Wish support is also helpful for Seismitoad as it lacks recovery other than Leftovers and Water Absorb.

Why is it that we use alot of the same kinds of sets? Ive also been using a defensive seismitoed only more physically bulky with some special attack investment. I can say that the set is pretty nice right now, the main issue of course being the grass weakness and how common grass moves are atm.

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
IIRC Toad does get SR via BW2. I find Earthquake to serve better than Earth Power.

Bastiodon@Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Nature:Careful
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpDef

~Stealth Rock
~Magic Coat
~Protect
~Roar

Here's a set I've been using on my Spikestacker team, and it's been working pretty well. It can also act as a suicide lead of sorts if you absolutely need SR up. With its slew of resistances and sky-high defenses, Bastiodon can come in multiple times and set up Stealth Rock whenever you can find a spare turn. Magic Coat, a new toy from the BW2 move tutors, keeps Bastio from becoming Taunt bait, as well as reflecting status moves back at the opponent (I always smile when Amoonguss falls asleep from its own Spore attack). Protect to scout and choice-lock popular mons such as Emboar and Gardevoir, and Roar to rack up damage from entry hazards. The EVs are straight-forward, a Careful nature and maximized SpDef EVs to take boosted Psychics from the likes of Musharna and Roar them away. You can also opt to make more physically defensive, but with most of Bastiodon's weaknesses being Physically inclined, it's not recommended.

canno

formerly The Reptile
So while doing the whole NU Team Builder thing, I had a moment of realization. Hey, most of Samurott's counters get wrecked by Ice Beam (Altaria, Bulky Grasses). Not only that, but since most of the extra EVs got dumped into HP, why not just dump them into Special Attack? And thus, Mixed Samurott was born.

Samurott @ Life Orb
Torrent
252 Atk / 112 SpA / 144 Spe
Naughty Nature

Sword Dance / Aqua Jet
Ice Beam
Waterfall
Megahorn

Now the EVs are a bit assed, as they are just standard SD samurott EVs but with all of the HP EVs dumped into SpA. I also haven't gotten much time to try this set out, as the people I fight against in PS don't use pokemon Ice Beam is suppose to murder, and I have the new version of PO (it's horrible :( ) so I can't get into the Smogon Server, so most of this is theorymoning. However, I have used Samurott a lot and can say that it is amazing. The main problem this set has is lack of Aqua Jet means it's a lot easier to revenge kill. However, this set is less of a sweeper (although it can sweep) and more of a wallbreaker / lure. You could use over Swords Dance if you really want the priority, but I feel any physical Samurott without Swords Dance is an inferior Specially Offensive Samurott. Of course this isn't true because Mixed has access to Megahorn and Priority (if you choose Aqua Jet over SD), but I don't feel like that's enough to make it better. An interesting item that comes to mind that can be used over Life Orb is Salac Berry, as this allows it to have +1 speed when reaching 25%, thus helping out with the whole speed issue.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Bastiodon@Leftovers

~Stealth Rock
~Magic Coat
~Protect
~Roar

Here's a set I've been using on my Spikestacker team, and it's been working pretty well. It can also act as a suicide lead of sorts if you absolutely need SR up. With its slew of resistances and sky-high defenses, Bastiodon can come in multiple times and set up Stealth Rock whenever you can find a spare turn. Magic Coat, a new toy from the BW2 move tutors, keeps Bastio from becoming Taunt bait, as well as reflecting status moves back at the opponent (I always smile when Amoonguss falls asleep from its own Spore attack). Protect to scout and choice-lock popular mons such as Emboar and Gardevoir, and Roar to rack up damage from entry hazards. The EVs are straight-forward, a Careful nature and maximized SpDef EVs to take boosted Psychics from the likes of Musharna and Roar them away. You can also opt to make more physically defensive, but with most of Bastiodon's weaknesses being Physically inclined, it's not recommended.
Bastiodon had Magic Coat already, and I used this exact set a few months ago on my stall team. It is incredibly useful, perhaps even more so with Cinccino everywhere, but I think it would struggle to fit onto a balanced or offensive team. It is pretty easy to take advantage of (unless you have 3 layers of Spikes up as well) and requires a number of teammates that can support it well to do its job.

Also Seismitoed seems pretty cool, especially now that Quagsire has left. I know it lacks Unaware, but the niche of the typing still exists, and with Water Absorb Seismitoed is basically what Quagsire was in DP NU, before it got Recover.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I really like that Seismitoad set, its basically Swampert with better speed and Water Absorb but less attacking power. What could be a good combination is physically defensive Seismitoad with Stealth Rock and specially defensive Articuno. The former dissuades hazard users such as Golem and Probopass, sets up Stealth Rock and uses Toxic on switchins, while Articuno provides cleric support and uses Roar to help prevent setup and to spread residual damage. The duo also have perfect defensive synergy, and if necessary Seismitoad can be used as Sleep fodder against Amoonguss and Tangela to get Articuno in safely. Will be testing this tonight when i get back from work!

Yeah, physically defensive Seismitoad looks great since it beats a lot of the common "leads" but I never got to testing it since my team preferred it to be specially defensive. Articuno looks like a great teammate for Seismitoad because of their great synergy. I've never been of a fan of Articuno since spinners are quite frankly terrible in NU but Seismitoad can now scare off most SR users because of his excellent and unique typing. These are just some calcs I found pretty amazing.

252 SpAtk Life Orb Samurott Grass Knot vs 252 HP/188 SpDef Seismitoad (+SpDef) : 88.89% - 105.31%
31.25% chance to OHKO

252 SpAtk Life Orb Gorebyss Hidden Power Grass vs 252 HP/188 SpDef Seismitoad (+SpDef) : 82.13% - 96.62%
2 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

252 SpAtk Life Orb Haunter Shadow Ball vs 252 HP/188 SpDef Seismitoad (+SpDef) : 35.02% - 41.3%
3-4 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

252 SpAtk Ludicolo Giga Drain vs 252 HP/188 SpDef Seismitoad (+SpDef) : 85.51% - 101.45%
12.5% chance to OHKO

0 SpAtk Seismitoad Earth Power vs 0 HP/0 -2 SpDef Gorebyss: 85.26% - 100.8%
6.25% chance to OHKO

Bastiodon@Leftovers

~Stealth Rock
~Magic Coat
~Protect
~Roar

I used a similar Set with Counter instead of MC to lolstomp CC/EQ Users. Without Healing wish it was deathfodder after that though and I got sick of it fast. Will try out MC when I get back to a pc.

What so you guys think of sludge wave on seismitoad to hurt grasstype switchins?

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sludge Wave is better on paper than in practise. It 2HKOes Tangela on the switch, but it doesn't help against Amoonguss, and Torterra is hit harder by Surf. Granted, it's still probably the best third attack it can run, but having used it extensively, i think i'd prefer to run Stealth Rock if i otherwise lack a hazard setter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)