Django is a loser y/n

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

Eelektross @Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA) or Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
-Aqua tail
-Wild Charge
-Superpower
-Crunch/U-turn
Everything seems usable, except for Eelektross's speed. It's just too dangerously low, even with that scarf. I believe that Eelektross has enough Bulk to run a Banded set instead, using the same moves (Im not sure if that is on the analysis, but I think it's better nonetheless). This may catch someone by surprise, but there are still a lot of pokemon that outspeed it.

By the way, Eelektross get Acrobatics.. would that ever be viable with a Flying Gem?

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello!

A Physical set that I use with my Eelektross.

Eelektross @Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA) or Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
-Aqua tail
-Wild Charge
-Superpower
-Crunch/U-turn

With this set, Eelektross is enough fast to take down frail threat. With the Jolly Nature, it outspeeds non-scarfed Haunter, but can lack of power. With the Adamant, it speed-ties with non-scarfed Rotom-S. Aqua tail is great for the ground type like Golem et Golurk. I prefer to use U-turn over Crunch for Grass-type pokemon, but Crunch is truly better.
There really isn't much of a reason to use Scarf Eelektross over any other Pokemon, except for the typing (maybe U-turn). It is much too slow, even with the Scarf. Rotom-S is almost always Scarfed as well, so that isn't much of a point. It's not horrible because of the surprise value and the utility of a no weakness U-turn user, but you have to realize that it lacks power as well. Beating frail threats is something that all Scarfers want to do, so how does this do it better? You'd be better off using Choice Band for the power or Life Orb/Expert Belt for the ability to switch moves.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I was bored

2 Gud (Pignite) @ Eviolite
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Fire Punch / Flare Blitz
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

So, i was bored and started trying out random pokemon on team NFE (still undefeated!). This guy really stood out among the pokemon i had, because my opponents actually had a hard taking it down (and raseri got swept by it!). I looked at its stats again, and realized that with eviolite it had monster bulk, 90/106/106 to the exact. Now pignite also has a very high attack stat for a NFE, to put this into perspective, it only has 2 less than top threat cincinno. Basically this set is meant to be a late game sweeper/crocune sorta thing, and it does it damn well once shit like rott is removed. Pignite is so bulky, it can actually stall out alomomola and wartortle with no trouble. It even has a chance to take specs Exeggutor psychic! After your done setting up, just fire punch everything to death. Flare blitz is also an option for 2 gud, but its undesirable to lose a sweep because you kill yourself with flare blitz. Pignite has major trouble with powerful, STAB moves that its weak to, even if they dont outright OHKO it, they will most likely cripple the piggy beyond repair, Pignite is best used on a FWG core with like alomomoonguss or rott+serp, they are good at taking care of both the flash fire pokemon that wall pignite, and the strong water attackers that break through pignite.

Anyways, good trollmon that i have fun using when i have nothing else to do

So while doing the whole NU Team Builder thing, I had a moment of realization. Hey, most of Samurott's counters get wrecked by Ice Beam (Altaria, Bulky Grasses). Not only that, but since most of the extra EVs got dumped into HP, why not just dump them into Special Attack? And thus, Mixed Samurott was born.

Samurott @ Life Orb
Torrent
252 Atk / 112 SpA / 144 Spe
Naughty Nature

Sword Dance / Aqua Jet
Ice Beam
Waterfall
Megahorn

Now the EVs are a bit assed, as they are just standard SD samurott EVs but with all of the HP EVs dumped into SpA. I also haven't gotten much time to try this set out, as the people I fight against in PS don't use pokemon Ice Beam is suppose to murder, and I have the new version of PO (it's horrible :( ) so I can't get into the Smogon Server, so most of this is theorymoning. However, I have used Samurott a lot and can say that it is amazing. The main problem this set has is lack of Aqua Jet means it's a lot easier to revenge kill. However, this set is less of a sweeper (although it can sweep) and more of a wallbreaker / lure. You could use over Swords Dance if you really want the priority, but I feel any physical Samurott without Swords Dance is an inferior Specially Offensive Samurott. Of course this isn't true because Mixed has access to Megahorn and Priority (if you choose Aqua Jet over SD), but I don't feel like that's enough to make it better. An interesting item that comes to mind that can be used over Life Orb is Salac Berry, as this allows it to have +1 speed when reaching 25%, thus helping out with the whole speed issue.

I love Mixed Samurott.

I prefer CBB's set though.

Ice Beam/Hydro Pump/Grass Knot/Aqua Jet.

One of my favourite things to do with it is to bluff Standard by Aqua Jetting whenever plausible and then trying to nail a switch with an Ice Beam. When used on things like Golem or other mons there isn't much risk since it will kill them anyway

While I absolutely hate being stuck with only one actual attack, that Pignite set that Molk posted is definitely worth checking out. So few things can stop it in the late game, and it gets to +6 fairly easy. Hell, even if the set doesn't look great to you, just try the Pokemon itself. Pignite is really, really bulky, and its offense is by no means bad. If there were more reliable ways to restore its HP, it would definitely be seeing a lot more usage.
I personally had a lot of fun using it, although I was forced to go on PO's NU rather than ours (fuck showdown, it never lets me on).

Another fun set I've been testing works very well with a steel/rock trapper or just any powerful Water-type.

Drifblim @ Flying Gem
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SpDef
Adamant / Unburden

Substitute
Acrobatics
Recycle
Sucker Punch/Baton Pass

When I used regular AcroBlim I was always disappointed that he only had one shot to sweep through a team and would just have to DB once it hit a Rock Type. With this set though, if you play smartly you can force a switch, Acro, then have time to recycle and come in to do it again. The beauty of this is that you can recycle on the free turn as most defensive pokemon would be relying on Wish+Protect to stall out most attackers, meaning that you can realistically maintain power against them. Sucker Punch lets you play mindgames with any opposing priority and KO weak opponents to preserve your substitute and acrobatics before you've got your speed boost (say, vs. a heavily-damaged cinccino, samurott, zangoose, etc.). Baton Pass lets you get the hell out after using your unburden boost, and Seismitoad is a particularly great partner to pass into as he can RD and sweep behind a gigantic Sub while Drifblim's Acrobatics can clear out Grass/Poison-types like Amoonguss that would block Seismitoad's sweep.

This packs some serious power though if you give it a swords dance boost (example calcs are here):

+2 Flying Gem Acrobatics vs. 252/252+ Alomomola: (66.48% - 78.28%)
+2 Acrobatics vs. 252/252+ Amoonguss: (118.52% - 140.28%)
+2 Acrobatics vs. 4/0 Raichu: (87.74% - 103.45%)
+2 Flying Gem Acrobatics vs. 252/252+ Lickilicky: (75.00% - 88.44%)

Here's a set that I've been testing on and off on PO and PS!, and it's been doing kinda well, so I decided to share it...
Rotom-S@Damp Rock
Levitate
Modest Nature
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
-Rain Dance
-Air Slash
-Thunder
-Pain Split / Volt Switch
I know it's in Other Options already, but I feel this deserves quite a bit of merit. First off, I've noticed that a number of teams are weak to Rain Dance. The problem is, they're checked quite easily by Water- and Grass-types. And guess what checks them pretty well? That's right, Rotom-S. It helps that it can abuse Rain Dance effectively with Thunder, while also checking Pokemon like Amoongus and Tangela with Air Slash. As for the last move, I've given a choice. Pain Split can be used if the user feels like making Rotom-S a bulky attacker that can heal itself. On the other hand, if the user feels like making it a supporter, then Volt Switch can be used to switch in a better Rain Dance sweeper, like Ludicolo. Plus, Rotom can switch into attacks with its good bulk. So what do you guys think?

Well, with the pinch berries recently being released ive been exploring a ton of sets i can use with them. From leichi berry swoobat to salac berry linoone, some have been better than others. Probably the best has been petaya berry drifblim, which is what I'm posting here today. I've always been trying to make a useful gimmick to abuse drifblim's higher special attack and movepool, and thus far this has been by far the most effective of my recent gimmicks, and possibly the best drifblim set i've ever used.

Draft Punk (Drifblim) @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Thunderbolt / Charge Beam / Destiny Bond

This is a set i've been trying out for a bit and it's been extremely effective. This set's goal is to come in and just set up subs on slower pokemon until he is left at 1 hp and the petaya berry activates. Once the berry activates, not only will he get a +1 boost in spc Atk, but his unburden ability will activate and double his speed. Sub is for a way to reliably get down to the petaya berry and to be able to avoid status. Shadow ball is his primary STAB attack and is pretty strong against things that dont resist it. HP Fighting is there because it gives drifblim perfect coverage and something to hit those annoying normal and steel types with. The last spot is mostly filler and you can put any of those there. Tbolt is a strong attack that gives you a bit of extra coverage and a chance to paralyze. Charge beam can be used to boost spc Atk further, but it's somewhat situational. The other option is Destiny Bond, which is used to get past sucker punches and drag the opponant down with you. It doesn't really matter which of the three you choose, because you usually won't be using it anyway.

All in all, I've found this set to be extremely effective as a cleaner and especially effective with hazard support and good backups to deal with stuff like cinccino (klang!) I find it easy to bring in drifblim often due to his 3 immunities to common types. And you can simply sub up on things slower than you, or on a switch. Either way, drifblim is sure to get a hit off on something with good power and coverage. Just try to keep him away from priority though.

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
This thread seems to be dead and I happen to not want that.

Rampardos (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Zen Headbutt

I surely am not the first to think of sheer force ramardos, but it has many advatages over mold breaker in today's metagame, with amoonguss and gorluk being so common.

Fighting, rock offers very good coverage and so does psychic, dark, fighting. With this set, rampardos takes advantage of sheer force + LO to hit with 4 very powerful moves, 3 of them not even having LO recoil. While mold breaker bypasses sturdy and levitate, sheer force helps rampardos get some very similar results, with less downsides.

Even whitout mold breaker, rampardos breaks through every levitate user with his coverage moves bar eelektross (who is slower and can only come in on a free switch). As a matter of fact, misdreavus is detroyed by crunch, weezing by zen headbutt (hits harder than mold breaker EQ) haunter by both and the rotoms by rock slide. His awesome coverage also let's him take down threats such as amoonguss, golurk and gurdurr he couldn't have taken down without huge recoil from the innacurate headsmash or choice locked moves that are easily abused (EQ and superpower). Sheer force also brings rock slide to the same power as stone-edge giving rampy a more reliable stab move with no LO recoil. Unlike nearly every other wall breaker, rampardos is neither choice locked or worn down by status. This means predicting correctly is much less important since most things that can take a hit are slower than rampy. It also means amoonguss can't abuse a choice locked move with regenerator and you won't be stuck eartquaking a flying poke that sets up in your face after your kills. You still aren't breaking sturdy, but you can always fake it.

The only things I've found that can safely come in on this rampardos are alomomola, tangela and shelgon (and the last 2 are pretty rare these days).

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Because Rampardos was mentioned in the previous post and I was told to post my set, here it is!
Code:
<@FLCL>	special ramp best wallbreaker
<%Annoyer>	amazing lure
Rampardos

@ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
Rash Nature (+SpA, -SpD)
-Head Smash
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast / Ice Beam

There are two things that come to someone's mind as soon as they see this set, "Special Rampardos WTF" and "It gets those attacks?" The best way to explain is that with its new Sheer Force ability it can turn its mediocre base 65 Special Attack into a new-found source of power to abuse those great special attacks that it gets. With Sheer Force Rampardos's special attacks are essentially coming off a base 99 Special Attack stat, with the added benefit of not taking recoil from Life Orb. With Fire Blast and Thunderbolt Rampardos is capable of easily OHKOing the annoying Amoonguss + Alomomola core with only the help of Stealth Rock, while having Focus Blast to hit Probopass, Regirock, and Miltank or Ice Beam for Golurk, Fraxure, and Shelgon. what separates Rampardos from other special attackers capable of the same feat such as Eelektross and LumRest Exeggutor is its massive base 165 Attack and Head Smash. Even without any investment Rampardos still has more attack than a max Attack Adamant Zangoose, and with access to a STAB base 150 attack it can easily destroy any special walls that would trouble Eelektross and Exeggutor. Regice, Flareon, Altaria or Lickilicky want to come in to deal with special Ramp? Nope, Head Smash. This move massacres Regice and Flareon, while OHKOing standard Lickilicky after it switches into any attack.

The main problem with this is that the recoil from Head Smash and Life Orb can rack up fast. Even so, Rampardos makes up for this by having a very nice HP stat and not take Life Orb recoil from its other attacks thanks to Sheer Force. There is only 1 commonly used Pokemon capable of switching into Rampardos safely after Stealth Rock, Gurdurr. Sadly for Gurdurr, only its Specially Defensive set can switch in comfortably, but the more offensive set can just threaten Rampardos out with Mach Punch after Fire Blast does about half. Because Gurdurr is such as pain a partner for Rampardos to put a stop to it is Musharna. Musharna stops Gurdurr cold and can set up Calm Mind all day to beat down all the shreds that Rampardos might have left. While Golurk might seem like a reasonable choice to switch into Rampardos if lacking Ice Beam, the 172 HP set is actually getting 2HKOed by Head Smash + Fire Blast. Eviolite Fraxure as well gets cleanly OHKOed by Head Smash and these two situations are the reason that Ice Beam is slashed after Focus Blast. Even so, it's still usable if your team cares more about beating Shelgon or having a more accurate move to beat Altaria and Amoonguss.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender

Golduck @ Leftovers
Trait: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SAtk / 228 Spd
Modest Nature
  • Scald / Surf
  • Ice Beam / Hidden Power Grass
  • Substitute
  • Calm Mind

Golduck has decent stats but is overshadowed by other Water-types such as Ludicolo and Samurott. This set makes the most out of what Golduck can do by abusing the fact that it gets Calm Mind—one of the better setup moves in the game. Simply send Golduck in on something that it forces out, such as various Rock and Fire types, or something that can't touch Golduck, like Alomomola. After a few boosts, this thing hits extremely hard and can take them back equally well thanks to a large investment in HP. In fact, after a Calm Mind boost, even Amoonguss will lose to Golduck since it can only deal 32.14% - 37.91% with Giga Drain and will take 62.04% - 73.15% from Ice Beam. Of course, you'll have to play smart and avoid the Spore with Substitute, but you still have a good chance to beat one of the best answers to Water-types.

As mentioned before, what sets Golduck apart from other Water-types is Calm Mind. Substitute goes extremely well with it since it helps Golduck avoid status while setting up and can help it grab free turns. Water and Ice coverage is a given for most Water-types with two available move slots. Scald is useful for its handy burn chance, but Surf can be used for the extra power. Hydro Pump is not recommended since this Golduck plays as a more passive attacker and appreciates the extra PP and accuracy of Scald or Surf.

The EVs and nature can be altered slightly, but Golduck should always have max HP, which helps it immensely when it is setting up. The current EVs allow it to outrun Timid Ludicolo and Jolly Samurott, but Golduck will usually have troubles against them, which means there are some other options as far as Speed goes:

• 252 Speed EVs with a Timid nature allows Golduck to tie with Sawk and Pinsir. This is not recommended since most Sawk are either Adamant with Choice Band while Pinsir is generally Choice Scarfed.
  • 216 Speed EVs with a Timid nature allows Golduck to outrun Timid Gardevoir and Jolly Braviary.
  • 160 Speed EVs with a Timid nature allows Golduck to outrun the aforementioned Adamant Sawk and hit it hard with Scald or Substitute repeatedly to stall for Close Combat Special Defense drops and KO it.
  • 216 Speed EVs allow Golduck to outpace Adamant Braviary and Modest Gardevoir. It can then hit Braviary hard with Ice Beam or attempt to set up on Gardevoir.
  • 176 Speed EVs allow Golduck to outpace Adamant Absol, meaning it can dodge Sucker Punch with Substitute and beat it most of the time.
  • 136 Speed EVs allow Golduck to outpace Modest Ludicolo, Samurott, and standard Specstaria.

The rest of the EVs should be dumped into Special Attack since the extra defense doesn't really help in most situations.

There are certain Pokemon that wall this set, which makes other coverage moves such as Hidden Power Grass or Focus Blast viable. Water-types are generally good counters if they have a way to damage Golduck. Lapras or Frillish are two Pokemon that come to mind since they can absorb Scald and take nearly no damage at all from Ice Beam. They can then strike Golduck with a powerful Thunderbolt or chip away at it with Night Shade. Regice doesn't care much about Golducks attacks before a few boosts and can take it down with Thunderbolt. Ludicolo takes a huge chunk from a boosted Ice Beam if it's an offensive variant, but can tank Scalds all day and hit back with a STAB Giga Drain. Cinccino cannot switch in directly, but will be able to KO Golduck through a Substitute with Bullet Seed.

Sweet Jesus

Another set of one of my favourite pokes

Kangaskhan (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Return/body slam
- Low Kick/Focus punch
- Substitute
- Disable

Why this when haunter has much better immunities and 4x resists to abuse disable ? I was wandering, but decided to try this set out anyway. It turned out surprisingly good and accomplished a good amount of sweeps and mini sweeps.

First off, kanga has a different niche in a team then haunter for she does not share the same typing and hits on the physical side. While she doesn't have the resistances and immunites that haunter has, she has enough natural bulk to have her sub resist weak attacks, and can usauly take a hit when his sub is not on, making 2hko an option against some slower stuff she can't shut down with disable (something haunter is too frail to accomplish). Another thing kanga has over haunter is perfect coverage (well haunter has hp fighting but it's inferior to sludge bomb really). This means the only thing to really wall kanga once it's behind it's sub are very bulky stuff with recovery like alomomla . Sub disable will completely shut down many of these walls, sometimes leaving you in endelss pp stall wars that you always win. Sub disable kanga is also way more surprising than haunter.

Focus punch is an option over low kick, but you're already hitting harder with return and if you do encounter a rock or steel and are not behind your sub or don't want it broken, low kick is better. Focus punch can still help out against stuff like miltank I guess.

Same goes for body slam over return. Parahax can help you get a free sub during hard times, but in other cases, you're better off with return.

Kanga hits pretty damn hard even with lefties and is fast enough to make this set pretty good in today's metagame.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Drain Punch could go over Low Kick on that Kangaskhan set to get extra recovery, which is helpful when you're trying to wear down Pokemon such as Golem and Regirock. I guess a bulkier set that can keep Substitutes up against Amoonguss and Alomomola would also be viable.

Here is a creative moveset I have been using and it works great.

Haunter@Focus Sash
Ability Levitate
Nature timid
Evs 252 speed 252 spA 4 hp
Sludge bomb
Shadow ball
Destiny Bond
Hypnosis

I luv this thing. You dent things with Sludge bomb and Shadow ball, then take out something you dont like with Destiny Bond. Hypnosis is there to for the annoying sleep status. Almost guranteed at least one kill every game.

Personally, I rather have substitute somewhere on there. You might get killed off before you have the chance to Destiny Bond. Also its good for when people switch out to their counter or something.

But if you have substitute on Haunter there is no point of having focus sash on Haunter. It ruins the point. The point of this set is to dent and then db, not sweep.

ebeast

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
We were all into the hype of this Pokemon, but nobody has actually posted it
Credit to alexwolf for the original concept and to zeb for popularizing it

SubBulk Up Braviary

Braviary (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Brave Bird​

SubBU Braviary is one of the biggest threats in all of NU due to its ability to completely destroy most any unprepared teams, and even some that are. This set embodies everything about Braviary that makes it so good: power and bulk. Braviary holds an impressive base 123 Attack and good 100/75/75 defenses that allow it to set up and threaten a lot of teams in the metagame. Thanks to its good bulk it's capable of easily setting up on the popular Amoonguss + Alomomola core without a problem and with a well timed Bulk Up or Substitute it can even stall out Rock-type Pokemon coming in to check it out of Stone Edges. Braviary's HP EVs allow its Substitute to not be broken by Seismic Toss from the like of Mawile, Wartortle and Lickilicky, its Special Defense EVs let Braviary's Substitute survive Amoonguss's Sludge Bomb and take special attacks in general very nicely, while its Speed EVs let it outpace standard Misdreavus and neutral-nature Rampardos. Braviary can also use a spread of 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe to outspeed other base 80 Pokemon while having even greater bulk that allows it to live against very powerful attacks. With this other spread it is now capable of living Solar Power Charizard in Sun's Fire Blast and Ludicolo in Rain's Hydro Pump after Stealth Rock, a truly amazing feat to hold. Once this Braviary gets rolling it's just a downhill battle for the opponent, and the only way to really stop it is with a well played Rock-type or a bulky Electric. Braviary is a threat to every team and this set in particular is the result of many one sided wins.

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think you should at least give a mention to a spread of 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe. I never saw much point in the extra speed (since you can't beat Rampardos anyway, Torterra is rare and Misdreavus needs Thunderbolt/special attack investment to break your Sub in less than 3 hits. I guess it matters against max speed Exeggutor but yeah, you get my point). With the added special defense, Braviary takes around 4-5% from most Special hits, which doesn't seem that big until you realize that it actually matters a lot against some very powerful NU threats. Timid Ludicolo's Hydro Pump in rain will never OHKO you after Stealth Rocks, while 252/176+ has a very real (~40%) chance to die. It also lets you take Modest Hydro Pump after at least some of the time instead of it being a guaranteed OHKO. The same can be said about Choice Specs Gardevoir, with 252/240+ surviving Timid Life Orb Thunderbolt after Stealth Rocks around 90% of the time while also surviving Modest around 25% of the time. 252/176+ will only tank Timid Thunderbolt 40% of the time and will always get OHKO'd by Psychic. Life Orb Gardevoir can also be stalled out by 252/240+ Braviary (ignoring crits/Special Defense drops), while 252/176+ doesn't stand a chance of doing so. Choice Scarf Gardevoir also has a small chance to 2HKO 252/176+ with Thunderbolt while 252/240+ can always survive two Thunderbolts. Choice Scarf Solar Power Charizard in sun will also never OHKO 252/240+ Braviary with Fire Blast, while 252/176+ has a 35% chance to faint from the hit. Those cases might seem very unrealistic and/or specific, but I encountered them on ladder more than you'd think, and you just can't leave stuff like that up to a roll with an offensive team where Braviary is your main switch-in for those attacks. Again, I am not asking this to be the main spread, but I want to see a mention of it, at least.

Calcs for anyone who cares:
252SpAtk Life Orb Ludicolo (Neutral) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 252HP/240SpDef Leftovers Braviary (+SpDef): 64% - 75% (261 - 307 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Life Orb Ludicolo (Neutral) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 252HP/176SpDef Leftovers Braviary (+SpDef): 68% - 80% (276 - 327 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Life Orb Ludicolo (+SAtk) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 252HP/176SpDef Leftovers Braviary (+SpDef): 75% - 88% (303 - 358 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Life Orb Ludicolo (+SAtk) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 252HP/240SpDef Leftovers Braviary (+SpDef): 70% - 83% (286 - 336 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Choice Specs Gardevoir (Neutral) Thunderbolt vs 252HP/176SpDef Leftovers Braviary (+SpDef): 69% - 82% (282 - 332 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Choice Specs Gardevoir (Neutral) Thunderbolt vs 252HP/240SpDef Leftovers Braviary (+SpDef): 65% - 77% (264 - 312 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Life Orb Gardevoir (Neutral) Thunderbolt vs 252HP/240SpDef Leftovers Braviary (+SpDef): 56% - 67% (230 - 272 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Life Orb Gardevoir (Neutral) Thunderbolt vs 252HP/176SpDef Leftovers Braviary (+SpDef): 60% - 71% (246 - 290 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Gardevoir (Neutral) Thunderbolt vs 252HP/176SpDef Leftovers Braviary (+SpDef): 47% - 55% (190 - 224 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 8% chance to 2HKO with Leftovers.

252SpAtk Gardevoir (Neutral) Thunderbolt vs 252HP/240SpDef Leftovers Braviary (+SpDef): 44% - 51% (178 - 210 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.

252SpAtk Solar Power Charizard (Neutral) Fire Blast in Sun vs 252HP/240SpDef Leftovers Braviary (+SpDef): 84% - 99% (340 - 402 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Solar Power Charizard (Neutral) Fire Blast in Sun vs 252HP/176SpDef Leftovers Braviary (+SpDef): 89% - 105% (363 - 427 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 35% chance to OHKO.

Anyway, Braviary is a fantastic Pokemon, and this set just showcases that to the fullest degree; it's surprising how many people fail to have a solid check to this beast, and it has pulled me out of tight situations in which I thought that I had the game lost over and over again. This should be one of the most defining sets in the metagame of the upcoming 3 months, for sure.

ebeast

@CBB
Well the point of the Speed for Misdreavus was that Braviary is now capable of setting up on the standard defensive Misdreavus as otherwise it will outspeed and burn you with WoW. For the situation against Rampardos it is assuming that it comes in as Braviary Subs or Bulks Up. At that point Braviary is only really losing to Special Ramp as the physical sets need to hit you with Head Smash or Superpower to break your Sub. Using Head Smash with either set will cause a lot of recoil for Rampardos to the point where Braviary can kill with a +1 Brave Bird ( does 51% minimum) Still I definitely get your point about the 252/240+ spread and Braviary's bulk truly shows how amazing it can really be, with the following calcs being absolutely impressive. I'll make sure to mention your spread on the post!

• 252SpAtk Solar Power Charizard (Neutral) Fire Blast in Sun vs 252HP/240SpDef Leftovers Braviary (+SpDef): 84% - 99% (340 - 402 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
  • 252SpAtk Life Orb Ludicolo (Neutral) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 252HP/240SpDef Leftovers Braviary (+SpDef): 64% - 75% (261 - 307 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well, that is only relevant if you have to come in on Misdreavus as Misdreavus switching into Sub will _always_ lose to Braviary anyway (unless they have Thunderbolt, in which case neither spread really wants to stay in). Rampardos can also use Stone Edge since almost every Rampardos set, quite frankly, only uses filler moves except for Head Smash and Superpower anyway, so you might as well go with a secondary STAB that doesn't kill you through recoil.

Anyway, I see the point, but I never really found much use for the speed since Misdreavus isn't too terribly common to begin with. But yeah, arguing about which spread is better is pretty pointless since I was fine with a simple mention to begin with, and it only makes a miniscule difference anyway. Braviary still rules.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
SipperPass Girafarig​

Sap Sipper | Jolly
252 Atk | 252 Spd | 4 HP
Zen Headbutt | Earthquake | Substitute | Baton Pass

This set is great, really usefull to Baton Pass Sap Sipper boosts to other sweepers like Samurott & Tauros, also when getting that Sap Sipper boost it can hit pretty damn hard with the great coverage in Zen Headbutt & Earthquake. Substitute is there for dodging those pesky Toxic/Thunder Waves that floats around in NU, also a Sap Sipper boost that get Baton Passed in a sub is extremely dangerous, this set is great to help other sweepers. So try the set out its great and im sure you wont be disappointed.

Sub Sweeper Luxray

Luxray @ Life Orb/Air balloon
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Jolly
Ev Spread: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 hp
Moveset:
Substitute
Ice Fang/Fire fang
Wild Charge
Quick Attack

This set is awesome when paired up with a pokemon who is easily walled by alomomola as it can switch in safely, sub on the alomomola switch and hit whatever comes in hard without worry of status abusers such as amoongus. The Ice fang is for teams who have trouble taking down Altaria and Amoongus where as fire fang can be used to take out Wormadam-S or Mawile. Wild Charge is for stab and is going to hit pretty much anything that doesnt resist it hard. Quick Attack is solely on this set for priority and revenge killing. The item is your choice, if you would rather have an extra bit of power then you are going to want to opt for the life orb. If you want to stay longer in the sub, an air balloon could be used to give opponents less choices to switch into luxray. Guts is pointless on this set as it focuses on substitute therefore luxray will rarely ever become statused.

watashi

World Defender

Throh (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 92 HP / 132 Atk / 120 SDef / 164 Spd
Adamant Nature
  • Bulk Up
  • Ice Punch
  • Substitute
  • Storm Throw

This Throh set is meant to take full advantage of weak defensive Pokemon that have no way of breaking though its Substitutes. The EVs allow it to outrun and set up on Alomomola, Amoonguss, Regirock, or other walls with ease. One of the main advantages of using Throh over something like Bulk Up Braviary or Swords Dance Lickilicky is that a lot of people rely on Alomomola and Amoonguss to deal with Fighting-types, which means that Throh can often plow through the opponent's team by boosting on them. It also has a higher initial attack then other bulky boosting sweepers thanks to the Adamant nature and EV investment which means it does slightly better against offensive teams. This Throh set is one of the few physical attackers that can beat Gurdurr one-on-one, thanks to Storm Throw's ability to land critical hits every time.

Psychic-types are the biggest nuiscance to this set, since they can take Throh's attacks with ease and strike back super effectively. Pairing this set up with Skuntank or Absol is a good idea since they can trap and remove those Pokemon. Status is also very annoying to this set, so try not to switch Throh in directly to something like Alomomola.

Sweet Jesus

luv that throh set, will certanly try it out. (luv throh in general too)

@CBB, the speed investemnt also helps outspeed defensive articuno

Arbok@Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252HP/4Atk/252Speed
Jolly Nature
~Substitute
~Coil
~Gunk Shot
~Aqua Tail/Earthquake/Sucker Punch

My favourite Alomoongus counter. Arbok easily switches into either and tanks hits easily. Status is no sweat thanks to an immunity to Toxic, Substitute and Shed Skin, making Arbok a semi-reliable status absorber. Maximum speed is so Arbok can, at the very worst tie with Gardevoir. Aqua Tail gives Arbok unresisted coverage, Earthquake hits Lairon and Probopass harder, but if they're carrying a Balloon, you can't hit them. Sucker Punch allows Arbok to counter fast Psychics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)