Project Organization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, guys! I'm pretty sure that NU has by far the best and most active community of any tier, and I want to give you guys a round of applause for that. However, it does present a few issues for how we run the place. Zeb and I talked about this a while ago, and we want to make sure that we can run all of the awesome projects and activities that you guys think up, and be efficient about it; I don't want us to do a bunch of projects similar to Next Big Thing or Pokemon of the Week at once because then that becomes stale and people won't wanna post, no matter how good the hosting is. It happens with tournaments, too; mini-tours and NUlympics and other competitive events can become flooded and obnoxious if we try to run too many immediately in a row or at the same time.

What we're going to do is organize and maintain a schedule of the ideas and projects that you guys want to run, so that we can get the maximum amount of enjoyment and give people who really, really want to get in and help host something a chance in the spotlight. Let's talk about the different kinds of projects and activities we can have here.

At the end of this post I have made a list of current projects, as well as future ones and estimated start dates. So before you ask me if you can start one make sure it isn't already scheduled! I have also made a list of projects that may be revived in the future, and some that are not coming back ever without major revamps. With such a large amount of projects in our history, of course we've had some duds.

Something else that I'm going to start requesting from now on is that the people running the project write up something for the hub about it after it is finished, something about how succesful it was, if at all. That is something that is easier to discuss with the leaders individually though.

@skylight and myself are going to be working on getting a lot more information onto the NU Hub. There are a lot of things that you can expect to see in the future. All current projects will be placed on the hub, and when a project is completed we will add a "review" of the project, as well as award the best poster in the thread. We may also begin giving the projects a numerical rating, but that needs to be discussed more.

Mini-tournaments are also something that is going to change, instead of the system we have now which is a gong-show where everyone thinks theyre hosting the next one. You will need to PM me and FLCL your proposal for a tournament, and if it is approved it will be placed in the next post with a time that it will start.

Future tournaments:
Mini-Tour 16: Sidfrid's dropdowns (ASAP)
tennisace's mystery tour (After dropdowns)
Mini-Tour 17: Infernis' Viability Rankings tournament

Future Projects:
  • NUzlocke (Early Never) - Zebraiken

Current Projects:
  • Research Group - skylight
  • Don't use this, use that - Lasagne21
  • NU Viability Rankings - Raseri
  • Featured Playstyle - skylight
  • Top 10 Titans in NU - Lasagne21
  • Neverused Battle Castle - Firemage
  • NU Battle of the Week - Raseri
  • Theorymon Sessions - DTC

Projects that may be revived:
  • NUlympics
  • Pokemon of the Week

Projects that are banned for life:

• Crisis Core

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)