Not open for further replies.
The UnderUsed Teambuilding Workshop

Approved by kokoloko
Concept stolen from Yagura and Soulgazer
Hosted by Celsius
Grammar by McMeghan
Art by pi3rate

What is this ?

The idea of this project is to show UU players that you don't need a squad featuring 6 A-B ranked Pokemons in the viability rankings to have a competitive team. Making teams is funnier if you try to build around (a) creative or (an) underrated Pokemon(s). It is also more entertaining when you do it with other people. This is why there will be groups of team builders. I think this is a good way to create relationships in the UnderUsed community.

How does it work?

Stage 1 :
There will be three or four groups of builders, depending on how many people sign up.
Each group will feature 2 builders.
The builders will sign up in this thread. If more than 8 people sign up, there will be a public vote to select the eight builders. I will establish the groups with them through private messages.
The groups will then be announced here.
Duration : 4 days

Stage 2 :
During the next two days, everyone (bar the selected builders) will get to suggest a Pokemon or a core that will be the basis of the teams the Builders will craft around.
I will then keep the threeor four most proposed suggestions. Remember to be "creative". We all know that Mienshao+Hydreigon is a good core for example. "Think outside the box", but your suggestion has to be competitive. We won't build around Whiscash if you don't explain why we should put something together around it or what could be its niche in UU. It'd be cool if you could add a little reasonning alongside your suggestion.
Duration :2 days

Stage 3 :
The groups of builders will start to craft their teams around a proposition they will select (from the top 3-4 suggestions from Stage 2). The people who proposed the retained mon/core will have the possibility to build with the group working on it. Use whatever support you want, I'd suggest Skype or PiratePad but anything works as long as you feel comfortable with it.
Duration : 1 week

Stage 4 :
The groups post their team in the thread alongside a short description and an importable.We won't spend time rating them, but feel free to also post your teams in the RMT section if you want some constructive criticism to make it better. A vote will start to pick what is, in your opinion, the most competitive and creative team out of the bunch. Every teams will finally be stored in this thread.
There will be a Round Robin tour to help people in their vote.
The winner of the tour will have two bonus votes.

Duration : 1 week

Total Duration : 1 month
This will be a monthly project. It will restart each month.

Current Stage : Stage 3- Tour.

Last edited:

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'll be a builder. Also, I think it would be a fun little addition to hold a small tournament at the end of the month to see "who built the best team"! Obviously no team is objectively better but I just think it would be something that might keep people interested.

Signing up.

edit: So just to clarify how exactly this works. We are placed into groups by the OP, and then those specific groups will build around a mon picked by the general community, not including the builders. The builders will build around the mon, and then the community will vote on the best team and we will have a tournament to go along with the vote.

is this right?

Last edited:
So just to clarify how exactly this works. We are placed into groups by the OP, and then those specific groups will build around a mon picked by the general community, not including the builders. The builders will build around the mon, and then the community will vote on the best team and we will have a tournament to go along with the vote.

is this right?
Right.

Last edited:
Signing up for being a builer. I honestly building the team is just as fun as playing with it. As an avid team builer, I'm super hyped for this :)

So , we have more than 8 builders .
Vote for 8 builders in a post here .
The top 8 builders in votes , will build this month . Don't forget that even if you didn't get picked as a Builder you can still suggest a Pokemon or Core later and build with them.

Last edited:

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
King UU
LiberalLucario
Lord of Bays
Meowiekins
Daedalus1103
Vaporeon for Ubers
Eaglehawk
Thanks Brock Obama

Last edited:
I don't know if I can vote for more than one but I'll vote for more than one, lmk if I have to only nom one person.

King UU
Vaporeon for Ubers
Meowiekins
Eaglehawk
Thanks Brock Obama
Brazilian Army
Ununhexium
Lord of Bays

edit:
ok i think i get how this works now, thanks!

Last edited:
I don't know if I can vote for more than one but I'll vote for more than one, lmk if I have to only nom one person.

King UU
Vaporeon for Ubers
Meowiekins
He says to vote for 8 builders in a post.

Kinguu
Meowie
Vap for ubers
Lord of bays
Libluc
Eaglehawk
Daedalus
Kodi

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)