Promoting Pokemon Youtube Videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! Im Hainesyy. Im an aspiring Youtuber, with a channel based off pokemon, and other video games. So I figured it would be a great idea to help other aspiring Youtuber's by suggesting to make a forum to help gain subscribers and views, or just get your channel started. The hardest thing about anything is getting started. So I figured this would help people out.

Please, let's all help each other out, and make the Pokemon Community even bigger by letting people see how great competitive Pokemon actually is on Youtube!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hiya! Personally, I like this idea quite a bit; the competitive Pokemon YouTube community certainly does exist, so it wouldn't be a bad idea for us to cater to them. The relationship is pretty mutually beneficial: battlers get to advertise and share their work, while we increase the scope of our competitive viewing scene. I hope you are aware that we have a Smogon YouTube subforum, but that is obviously not exactly what you're talking about. I don't know much about our YouTube policies, but I recommend you talk to users MikeDecIsHere and RBG about this; they're both into Smogon YouTube and Smogon Media respectively.

If anyone has some vital information for this thread (Mike, kd24, etc.), write me a PM and I can unlock it for you. Thanks for the suggestion!

So I'm going to post here for some clarification:

Smogon will not be making a thread to promote up and coming Youtubers. Sorry, but I'm not fond of the idea of self promoting a channel (believe me, I would have done it ages ago when I was starting out, and even then, I think that my sig is the limit of what you can do to promote), especially in the Youtube subforum, which is strictly to work on our own channel. However, for any new Youtuber that looks at this thread, here are ways you can get your name out there without using the Smogon forums directly as a subscriber source:

1) Help out with SmogonU!

SmogonU gets a solid amount of views per video. We are actually also at almost 4k subscribers! If you want to get your name out there, you can narrate one of the battles we have on stock (however, I have the right to disapprove the narration if it's low quality).

2) Post on PokemoshpitBeta:

Yeah, it's whoring yourself out, but you can post on PMP beta. That's what I did, and I'm sure if I actually consistently uploaded, I would actually have a good amount of Subs, especially since now I am a director on Pokemoshpit and Projectmostpit. You can go here to learn what to do and how to upload there, though I recommend getting an Acekard or Supercard before uploading there to get high quality video, since the people on there are dicks about camcorders.

3) Upload good content:

If you upload good stuff, people will find you, it happens. Perhaps a good battle against a popular youtuber works.

So yeah, those are some things you can do, hope that helped! But sorry, not making a thread for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)