Other Protean Palace Team ~ Peaked #1 on 2 alts

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Proof of peak: http://gyazo.com/e4435c02d95162361fe0f8dab1f208ff
EDIT: I HAVE NOW PEAKED #1 A SECOND TIME ON A DIFFERENT ALT, PROOF: http://gyazo.com/a9f7327c06d04d9c85fec2f26e48045b
Alternatively, /rank nerdeon on showdown.

Greetings smogon! First RMT I've posted, sorry if I forget any stuff. Anyways, with July coming to a close in a couple days and with my peak being #1 (I am currently in that position as well), I decided to post a RMT and see if anyone feels like giving some advice or trying my team. I don't mind anyone playing it because I'm done with PP, but please leave nicks the same. Sorry, I cba to put in sprites at every single part because I really just find it trivial. I stuck to minimal design.
Anyways, here's the team!

Porygon-Z/Medicham-Mega/Klefki/Dragonite/Landorus-Therian/Mew
Let me break it down :)

Hippie (Medicham) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick

Hands-down best mega in the meta. By far. Holy shit, this thing packs a punch. Huge power + Protean gives 2.3x bp to each move, not to mention the already great attack stat and dual priority. I lead with this thing usually, learning how to use it is something only practice can give you. You'll only be going for fake out around half of the time, the rest of the time you'll have to predict switches and HJK or ice punch accordingly. BP is an excellent move, giving 120 damage after boosts and changing typing to steel in order to resist everything. All in all, mega-cham is an insanely good mon and a superb wall breaker. Also, don't be afraid to trade getting wisped in exchanging for killing a HUGE threat in arcanine, because of the support mew provides.
EV Spread is also standayd, max atk/spd/spe, and I chose to go with the extra power over extra speed because it truly does make a difference.
Move set is pretty simple. Fake/punch for dual priorities which, combined, 2hko's a lot of scarf sweepers such as rival porygonz. Ice punch covers annoying things like ddance dragonite, or rival slow mews using roost. HJK is just amazing even in PP, the 130 BP 90% acc is hard to pass up on.
Alternatively, you can run fire punch over ice punch to absorb the burn but honestly burn isn't a huge issue for me with mew and ice punch coverage is so much better.

R2D2 (Porygon-Z) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock

My whole team besides porygon-z is pretty much all physical attackers or support mons. What's a team without a special attacker? Porygon-z is an absolute monster this meta with adaptability, its an OHKO machine. Takes on so many physical tanks its not funny.
Standard spread, max spa+spe and timid to outspeed rival porygon-z's. BoltBeam is standard coverage duo, granted with adaptability stab is monsterous. Dark pulse for predicted fagninja switchins. Psyshock for those pesky chanseys and other special walls.

Swagplay (Klefki) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Spikes

What's a team without swagkeys? With their amazing typing and excellent ability in prankster, it's no wonder why it's viable in so many playstyles and metas. Standard screen set, def+hp investment, and twave to cripple opposing scarfs. Spikes is useful as an electric immunity (yes it comes in handy) and also to rekt shedinja in many cases.

Baby Lugia (Dragonite) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Really, 95% of the time (actually I don't think I've EVER had to chose another move), espeed is all this truck needs. Banded dnite is a rare and very underrated threat. Max atk for truck effect, HP for bulk, and 8 spe to speed creep other uninvested dnites. Stab banded espeed hits harder than you'd think, and ohko's a good chunk of the meta. Multiscale is an amazing ability, in that it is (nearly) guaranteed to get at least 2 hits since almost nothing can keep rocks up on mew. This dnite also beats other dragonites even AFTER SR damage, between HP investment and band. Overall it's an MVP. Fire/Ice punch and EQ are coverage I guess, but are pretty much useless against stuck against a ghost.

Landothrust (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Lando-t... I am not certain about keeping this one but it definitely does its job at intimidating the balls outta everyone. Standard ev spread, max atk/spe and jolly. Scarfed because, if I haven't illustrated it enough, speed is IMPORTANT in this meta. Knock off is great for sheddy's predicting you'll uturn, and SE/EQ are excellent coverage moves. Obviously though uturn is the move you will mainly be using, to position yourself and maintain momentum.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

And of course, who could forget mew? Mew, the fattest little pink blob you'll ever see. Ma def/HP investment, as well as bold, and a full cleric moveset. WoW cripples all physical attackers and very few teams have a cleric in this meta. Defog removes rocks. Despite the general pull towards HO in this meta, you'd be surprised how few teams can cope with mew. It often turns into a wincon, stalling with burn damage. Heal bell clerics all of my speedy and powerful mons that may be para'd or burn'd, anything that may be asleep although that's quite rare in this meta, and anything that might have been tox'd. Just a general top-tier cleric.

Threatlist:
Sheddy: I hate seeing this guy in team preview. I have mew that hard walls him, and keys that prevent him from even entering if I can keep spikes up, but its never a good thing.

Arcanine: If this is running physically defensive stallmon with rocky helmet, it's a problem. I need to kill it with good predictions.

Gengar: This thing can do a lot of damage, usually I deal with it pretty easily first turn though. The reason is, I lead megacham most of the time and they predict a fake out/switch in to gengar which is an easy ice punch ohko.

M-sableye: Oh god, the sable-sheddy core hurts. I can usually kill it with good predicts, but it can be a huge nuisance. Sable/Sheddy core is responsible for 75% of my losses.

Importable:
Hippie (Medicham) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick

R2D2 (Porygon-Z) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock

Swagplay (Klefki) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Spikes

Baby Lugia (Dragonite) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Landothrust (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Shoutouts:
Zwexqukav: IRL bruhs.
Zangooser HunterStorm Leafstorm121 and the rest of the AG community that I know for being good friends.
Prosaic and the rest of the mono room that I talk to for being chill.
Piccolo Daimao Ransei for being helpful/chill people, and to piccy for helping me edit this.
Mamp for giving me the initial team that I built off, and for being chill.
And the 20ish people in the best room (Other Metas) that I'm friends with but am too lazy to find out all of their smogon names.

Sorry if I forgot anything, first RMT. Please rate and help if you'd like, or suggest more threats since I know I probably forgot some.

**I didn't save replays. Sorry.**

Last edited:
Yo man, Just passing by to say this is an exellent team ! I've used it in a tournament and It destroyed pretty well. espeed banded dragonite is suprisignly powerfull and helps a lot. The only thing i have to critisize is the jolly lando, since i didnt seem to need that much speed, regular scarf lando seemed pretty okay, maybe the 44 hp/ 212 spe as well. Awesome RMT man

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)