PS! Model Mod & Fixing Thread

I gave Spritzee a try, but the reds/pinks on the original sprite are too close together to create the distinct purples/pinks/yellows of the shiny by simple recoloring, so this one's probably gonna have to be done manually. Oh, and Spritzee's animation is a whopping 119 frames, so good luck to whoever feels like doing that lol.
Screenshot of Spritzee after color reduction:

Shiny Comparison:
I anticipate that Aromatisse will face a similar issue.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
sparktrain

you might not have noticed this but Pkparaiso has shinies of all the kalos mons at least, so we can get the fronts for those no problem.

Without the eye in the way you should be reasonably good to get the back

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Sableye (I don't know what colour the back gem is supposed to be, it changed with every generation so I followed what they eye did and went from cyan > very close to white)

Ampharos belly is flashing red and pink when it's supposed to be white.

Edit: I tried making a few more (Espeon, Mandibuzz) but both of them only changed colour on the first frame and none of the rest. Is there a reason for that?

Bisharp front done, back is showing the same frame problems as the others.
http://puu.sh/85Z3i.gif LAYELL EDIT TO REMOVE EYE DYING

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeFennekin

Banned deucer.

Eyes, mouth, and I believe crystals are discolored.

Look closely and you will notice minor shading problems and it looks like it has seeds on it (Well, it makes sense, because it is a HEDGEhog.)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Quite Quiet make sure I have already had them fixed on the spreadsheet and that I've actually uploaded recently :D

here you go though this should help!

some good work by everyone here! I'll see about sending in an update on Monday cause knowing all you cool folks I'll get several more before the weekend is over.

EDIT:

This is a shout-out to the anons doing the fun little random recolours on vp

if you aren't here already why not play with the big boys?
(if you make shinies I'll fix whatever you want)

Last edited:
Seel

This might seem a little random, but Seel is one of my favorite mons. I was gonna do Dewgong along with it, but I noticed its PkParaiso sprite is a little funky

it has this awkward jump in the animation and the nose flashes, similarly to the PS sprite, so I and/or someone else will have to get a little nit-picky with it.

EDIT: did Poliwag for macle

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
This might seem a little random, but Seel is one of my favorite mons. I was gonna do Dewgong along with it, but I noticed its PkParaiso sprite is a little funky

it has this awkward jump in the animation and the nose flashes, similarly to the PS sprite, so I and/or someone else will have to get a little nit-picky with it.
Looks to me like it's missing a few frames of animation. If you're going to manually do that it will take forever.

Bisharp back, now with 100% less eye death.

Espeon: I made one version just by the normal, and one where I got rid of two colours so I could make the gem the right colour. Use whichever you like.

Edit: Bonus Mandibuzz, beak and wings are supposed to be brown, but there aren't enough colours in 16 to fix that.

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Fixed the Druddigon front and made it shiny while I had it open anyway.

>

Edit:
I hope this is good enough, because I don't want to look at them anymore.

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Ok wow I'm putting in an update now.

If any of you would like sheet access PM me a google doc email I can add it.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
While I can't do Shiny work, nor do I have any models to report ATM, you guys are AMAZING at what you do. Espeon especially looks amazing. Keep up the good work <3
Espeon took too long to make, but I'm glad someone likes it.

Random Xatu (some of these barely look different ._.)

Edit:

I really dislike how the shiny mega front turned out. If anyone is up for it feel free to attempt it. Personally I can't get it any better at the moment.

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Since I have no way to fix the unaltered sprites, I'm sticking to the fixed ones for now.
I tried to get the back flickering to a minimum, but I can't make it any better without working frame by frame.

Edit: I had some more spare time in the morning, so here's Milotic as well. The fin markings is supposed to be red, but there aren't enough colours to get that done.

Why do so many of the shiny sprites have so many colours when their base models doesn't? I don't get it.

Edit 2:
Crobat, but only the front.

Whenever I try to open the back sprite in aseprite, this message pops up. Converting to RGBA create strange boxes all over the place and keeping as index makes one of the body colours transparent and I can't find a way to add opacity to it again. Is this something that happened in the Photoshop step, or something unintentional later on?

Edit 3 (for the g docs, does any email work or is there specific ones, because this is getting very long):

Fixed up Breloom enough to make a shiny of it. Now excuse me while I go question my sanity and patience.
>

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)