PS! Model Mod & Fixing Thread

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
I did what I could, but it won't get much better unless you redo the compression in Photoshop.

(from digletts view) its right side is bulging and its giving me nightmares
if its actually supposed to be like this then just what the fuck gf
The sprite is actually supposed to be like that. Animation weirdness aside at least.

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
Mandibuzz's Shiny Front sprite has a small white flicker above the beak.
Her back Shiny sprite is fuzzy in the midsection.

Quite Quiet

is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
A few more fixes.

shiny costa's everything
>
(As a side note, these look very similar to the normal version >
)

Bouffalant's afro flashing
>

Relicanth's red spot
>

Serperior's eye (the thing on the back still disappears, but I can't make it look any better)
>

Torkoal's belly
>

Tropius' feet
>

mandibuzz beak flicker

I waited with the back, because I personally have some issues with the front and back having different colour schemes, with one being purple and one brown. It never comes up normally, but I'd like to see a decision to stick with one for both.

Edit: Here's the fixed magmar sprite, no flickering.

And Seviper both shiny and normal, no flickering.
>
/
>

Last edited:

Not Canadian

always start with a bang

The Jellicent sprites look perfectly good in the index, but.

Shiny Jellicent sprite seems low-res. Kind of compressed. I included the male non-shiny for comparison.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
sending in an update now.

I have begun a cool little experiment where I recolour the shinies to regular, for some like whimiscott back it's an improvement, for others like terrakion it doesn't help. Some of what I did this update was from that.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
I have begun a cool little experiment where I recolour the shinies to regular, for some like whimiscott back it's an improvement, for others like terrakion it doesn't help. Some of what I did this update was from that.
Some of the shinies are easier to fix with a manual recolour as well, so it's worth bearing in mind.

I started working manually fixing Terrakion's front/back normal/shiny sprites, but it won't be done anytime soon with that animation.

A bunch more stuff.

Stripe disco
>

Back shading
>

Back flickering (it's only really noticeable really zoomed in, I noticed that just now)
>

The spots in shaymin's head
>

Talons front and back
>
/
>

Everything red + claws
>

Bunch of flickering in various places
>

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Flashing spot and eyes on gastrodon's head

Ferroseed doesn't move. (does here:
)

EDIT: LAYELL HAS UPDATED FROM HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
the google doc says it's fixed, but seismitoad's non-shiny backsprite has very obvious flashing on its wart things + back

Aerow

rebel
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Frillish' front and back models are of very low quality, especially the back model. It looks like the model is resized wrong or something. This is only seen in battles, because when you look at the models themself, they look normal.

Picture:

Layell has updated from here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
This really bothers me (you have to look at the animation for a while). The non-shiny have an animation that is 4 frames longer than the shiny version.

Here's a version with the same frame rate, I just felt like I had to explain what was wrong.

I noticed something i thought i would point out, its similar to the above post: Two shiny sprites seem to "fly faster" for lack of a better term. The mons in question are Ho-Oh and Yveltal. See below, im not sure which one is actually right of the two.

SorryForYourLoss

Banned deucer.
Snorunt is still this spazzy thing, but I don't know if it's supposed to be like that or not.

I don't really know about this one, but aren't Serperior's eyes supposed to be reddish orange, not that yellowish brown color?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)