1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread

PS not working in Android

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by andrepd, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrepd

andrepd

Hi. I've tried a few times now, with different browsers (Stock, Firefox, Dolphin) but despite what is stated (true cross-platform), I can't use PS in Android. I don't know if this is a known issue, if it isn't implemented yet, or if there is something that can be done to use PS in Android. It would be a nice way to make sure I don't ever pay attention in lecture again :naughty:
  2. Xand3r

Xand3r

I've also had the same problems. Which browser for android works the best?
  3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck <kryptonite intensifies>
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

For what it's worth, PS has worked perfectly fine on my Nexus 7 in Chrome.
  4. andrepd

andrepd

The problem is that Chrome is only available for Android 4.x, so more than half of the Android user base can't use chrome. I've tried Firefox and Firefox beta and other browsers
    . If anybody can get ps running in gingerbread (2.3.x) please let me know how.
  5. packerman80

packerman80

Pokemon Showdown App

I think this would belong here so I'm gonna ask it. Is there any talk of making a Pokemon Showdown app? I would love to help except for my non-existent experience in app-making. If a Moderator reads this, could you let me/us know as soon as you can?
  6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck <kryptonite intensifies>
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

A Pokemon Showdown android or iOS app is not currently in development, and it's not that much of a priority at this point.
  7. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnus

Firstly iirc PS only works on android with versions 4.0 and up.

Secondly I don't believe and android app is in the making but im not to sure. It does work in the browsers of the latest android though.
  8. mikel

mikel thx u spoderman
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Forum Moderator

Take a look at this thread guys. It's literally the same thread, and was right there on top of the list.

EDIT: LOL both threads necrobumped at the same time. We'll keep the other open as it has more information in it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)