Project PS NU Microtours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Raseri
I may or may not get a banner at some point

PS NU Microtours
What is a microtour?

A microtour, similar to a minitour, is a tournament with a theme attached to it, playing standard NU with an extra set of rules added in. However, unlike minitours, these will be hosted live in a public group chat on Pokemon Showdown, making them much more fast-paced. One of the biggest issues with minitours is that they take forever to complete, and many players who enter (or who would otherwise enter) are burnt out by the first couple of weeks. Microtours attempt to fix that issue; as every player is present during the tour's duration, it ensures as many players will complete their games as possible, appealing to players who simply want a short break away from the standard.

The Process

These tours will be hosted twice a week on a biweekly basis (that is, twice during week 1, take a break for week 2, then twice for week 3 and so on). The scheduled times for the week will be listed below along with the theme of the week, and you must build your teams ahead of time if you want to join these tours. You have plenty of time to both build and test in between weeks, so take advantage of that!

When signups for a tour begins, I will announce it in the NU room on Pokemon Showdown (I go by "Blast Chance" there) and create a separate public group chat to start the tour in. Signups will last for 10 minutes, and from there it will work just like a normal room tour: single elimination, best of one matchups until a winner is determined. Outside of that, just remember to report any rulebreaking to me; if a player's team is illegal under the microtour's ruleset, that player will be automatically disqualified, and repeated offenses will result in a blacklist and eventually banning from these tours.

Current Schedule (EST)

Friday, November 27 at 3 PM
Wednesday, December 2 at 5 PM

Weekly Theme
On that note, the next weekly theme is going to have Knock Off banned. Especially in a tier with only one Mega and lots of NFEs that rely heavily on Eviolite, Knock Off's impact on the tier is especially large compared to other tiers, so it should be interesting to see how it fares without it (as well as what potential NFEs might rise).
Misc.
  • Please save all replays and PM them to me on PS; I'm going to be using many of these tours to experiment with potential changes to the tier and possible impacts. It doesn't take more than a few seconds, and you shouldn't have that much to hide in these tours!
  • Players are encouraged to use the time in between schedules as a discussion period / set dump, sharing cool ideas they had and how effective they were in practice. Spectators can also use the replays to do the same.
  • Obviously be sportsmanlike, this is literally the last type of tournament you should get upset about losing for any reason.
  • No, there isn't a prize for winning, but there never is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Blast

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok so the first week's theme is going to be the return of the former NU Pokemon without Megas. I'm sure you all remember how many great 'mons were stolen from us due to this, and now we're taking them back :pimp:. For reference, the following are now legal to use in NU: Altaria, Ampharos, Beedrill, Camerupt, Glalie, Lopunny, Pinsir, Sceptile, and Steelix (base forms only of course).

Let's do it \o/

Ok so the first week's theme is going to be the return of the former NU Pokemon without Megas. I'm sure you all remember how many great 'mons were stolen from us due to this, and now we're taking them back :pimp:. For reference, the following are now legal to use in NU: Altaria, Ampharos, Beedrill, Camerupt, Glalie, Lopunny, Pinsir, Sceptile, and Steelix (base forms only of course).

Let's do it \o/
what about manectric? Or was it never nu?

Blast

So today's tour was pretty small, but hopefully we can increase in activity as these go on. The next tour's going to take place in two days at 3 PM EST.

Replays are also down so unfortunately I couldn't collect any, but since Saturday's tour is the same theme I should be able to get some then.

Blast

Today's microtour went much better than the last, with 12 people joining and replays being back up. Naturally not everything worked out perfectly, mostly with a few teams breaking the rules with illegal Pokemon, but I can definitely say this was a major improvement over the last one. I was able to collect these replays, so enjoy!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-295843488
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-295839866
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-295839759
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-295840289
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-295848017
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-295854279

Feel free to start discussion on anything you noticed in the replays, cool sets you saw or used, etc. The replay archive below the OP has been updated as well.

---

On that note, the next weekly theme is going to have Knock Off banned. Especially in a tier with only one Mega and lots of NFEs that rely heavily on Eviolite, Knock Off's impact on the tier is especially large compared to other tiers, so it should be interesting to see how it fares without it (as well as what potential NFEs might rise).

The schedule is going to be Friday, September 27 at 3 PM and Wednesday, December 2 at 6 PM EST.

Last edited:

Blast

Something popped up so I'm rescheduling this to an hour later, which is about two hours from now.

edit: make that 2 hours, took longer than I expected lol

Last edited:

Blast

Blast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)