1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pseudo-SandRoom[+FU Celebi and Rotom-W]

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by F1ipee, Mar 21, 2012.

1. F1ipee

F1ipee

Introduction:
    One day I was bored and decided to create a team out of the nothing. So I picked a Poke at random (literally, I even used this site: http://www.random.org/) and it ended up giving me Bronzong.
    So, yeah, a team based around Bronzong, let's go.
    I decided to use the Trick Room Support set and that's what I ended up creating:

The Team:

[​IMG]
    Bronzong @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Trick Room
    - Gyro Ball
    - Stealth Rock
    - Light Screen

The guy, the man, the bell. The reason I made this team (besides boredom). I didn't want any conventional stuff, so I picked Trick Room because it's fun to show people that the slow guys can have fun too. He's my only wall per se, so I chose a bulkier set with Light Screen to absorb most of the hits.

[​IMG]
    Rotom-W @ Leftovers
    EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunderbolt
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Pain Split

Bronzong needed someone to help against Heatran and Politoed, or else he'd be doomed. Rotom-W fits like a glove the role as a major check to everything in OU, and a pretty good counter to those threats, surviving any attacks going for Bronzong. But the Lati@s can still go through these guys with ease, so I picked the following fella.

[​IMG]
    Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 SAtk
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - Crunch
    - Ice Beam/ Fire Blast

The first guy to use his lack of speed as a weapon. Tyranitar is a solid check to the Psychic dragons and any Ghost as well. Today's metagame is good at taking care of him, so I need to bring him with care. With Trick Room up, I bring him in Ferrothorn, Lati@s, Reuniclus, and bluff a super effective move. Everyone first thought is to bring Terrakion, so I set up a Substitute and use the move I should. I was using Fire Blast, but Gliscor was giving me trouble, so i switched to Ice Beam, and unexpected OHKO everywhere now.

[​IMG]
    Conkeldurr (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - Bulk Up
    - Drain Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Payback

I needed a guy who could just physically obliterate shit, and Conkeldurr fits this role. He sinergizes well with Rotom-W, getting rid of Ferrothorn and not being afraid of Toxic. One Bulk Up and one unlucky Scald made me sweep many teams with this guy, and with Light Screen up his less-than-mediocre Special Defense becomes usable.

[​IMG]
    Reuniclus (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 192 HP / 60 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Trick Room
    - Psychic
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball

So, Trick Room = Reuniclus, right? He's the second guy I chose to be a part of this team (Bronzong was the first, remember?), and he's my Special sweeper. Using Bronzong's Trick Room or setting up his own, I'm not afraid of anything when this guy is in town. He sinergizes extremely well with Infernape and Tyranitar, and Magic Guard is a Godsend. I don't need to be afraid of being outpredicted with him because he just does so much damage, I can just press the same button over and over.

[​IMG]
    Infernape (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 108 Atk / 148 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Close Combat
    - Fire Blast
    - Stone Edge/ Hidden Power [Ice]
    - U-turn

"But, what if the Trick Room'ers die?". That's why I chose Scarf Ape. Because of the nature of the team, no one expects a Scarfed Poke, so Inferape can just come in and so some work. I used to run Hidden Power Ice, but never saw an opportunity to use it, so switched to Stone Edge to help me against Volcarona.

Main Threats:
    So, now the cause I created this RMT, because I could use some help. This team works nice on its own, but there are two guys that give some trouble:
    -Celebi/ Mew: They are just so bulky that nothing on my team can damage them enough, and I don't have a safe switch-in except for a useless Bronzong.
    -Rotom-W: I use one, that's why I know the b**** he can be. Again, i don't have a safe switch-in for this guy. I can try to set up a Light Screen and bring Reuniclus or Conkeldurr, but that's just to much work.
    I can play around them, but this simply destroys the mommentum of the team, and brings more trouble than should.

Final Thoughts:
    This is a team that grew on me, I really enjoy using it, but I need some insight to make it work even better. Any suggestion is welcome.
  2. New World Order

New World Order Licks Toads
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Hi, IMO, Celebi should be no problem for this team. Tyranitar shuts it down under trick room, while Infernape can lay waste to it out of trick room. Mew is more problematic, although a combination of Tyranitar and Reuniclus can pull out a win if you're lucky. The Pokemon that you should be most worried about is Dragonite. This bad boy can take hits from all your Pokemon, as you're going with Stone Edge over Hidden Power Ice on Infernape. Will-O-Wisp isn't particularly helpful to your team, so consider swapping it on Rotom-W for Hidden Power Ice. Obviously, it's not a foolproof solution, but it's better than just sitting there taking Outrages.

As you've already stated, Volt-turn can be hugely problematic for your team. Conkeldurr is a nice way to beat down special walls, but Bulk Up Breloom would simply fit your team needs better. Not only does this give you a way to dispose of the dreaded Rotom-W, Scizor duo, it also gives you help against stall teams. Currently, your team lacks power besides Conkeldurr, who may succumb to status damage if you can't get in a Drain Punch in time. Breloom has no such problems and can easily deal with Rain stall's Ferrothorn, Tentacruel and the like. Like Reuniclus, Breloom can act as a status absorber, and of course, it can deliver it's own status in the form of Spore. Spore can often open up an opportunity to set up Trick Room, and helps make up for the loss of Mach Punch.

GL
    tldr version (open)

HP Ice>Will-O-Wisp
    pros: backup against Dragons
    cons: can't cripple physical attackers

Breloom>Conkeldurr
    pros: helps vs Volt-turn/ stall, has Spore
    cons: not as much initial power, no priority

sets (open)

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
    EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Pain Split

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spe)
    - Bulk Up
    - Spore
    - Drain Punch
    - Seed Bomb
  3. _AlexiS_

_AlexiS_

Nice intristing Team, I'll test it exporting on the server and I'll give you my opinion later!
    On Nape i vote HP ICE and on Rotom-w why don't you put V-Switch? It could works great letting you set the Trick room dont' you?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)