Tournament PSPL II: Quarterfinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opponent is unable to play, requesting a sub or something. (Note: I can't play tonight, so we would have to play tomorrow or Sunday.)

scene

Banned deucer.
trev silver99 ben gay Licor43

From the next round onwards, randbats will be best of 3. If you'd like to play best of 3 this round too, that's fine - just discuss it with your opponent beforehand. Make sure you either agree in a public chat or take a screenshot of the agreement, to avoid any cheating. If you can't agree, the match will remain as a best of 1. This should remove some of the luck that's inherent in randbats, and it's been suggested a couple of times.

The Goomy

Whitest Mexican Alive
Am requesting activity:

I posted on my opponent's wall on Monday, and he was last seen Wednesday with no reply.

Every time I go on Showdown (which is pretty often) I check to see if he is online, and I have not seen him.

That's kind of ridiculous since I said I would be available every day after 5PM, but I probably wont not be available tonight/tomorrow since my parents came to surprise visit me after not seeing them for 2 months soo.....

activity?

(PS. I've never posted activity so I don't really know what constitutes it, so let me know if I'm in the wrong here)

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

From the next round onwards, randbats will be best of 3. If you'd like to play best of 3 this round too, that's fine - just discuss it with your opponent beforehand. Make sure you either agree in a public chat or take a screenshot of the agreement, to avoid any cheating. If you can't agree, the match will remain as a best of 1. This should remove some of the luck that's inherent in randbats, and it's been suggested a couple of times.
if you let them play bo3, can those who already played play 2 other games with their opponents too? asking because it isn't fair that some people get to play bo3 this round while those who already played didn't have that chance.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

if you let them play bo3, can those who already played play 2 other games with their opponents too? asking because it isn't fair that some people get to play bo3 this round while those who already played didn't have that chance.
For the sake of Wi-Fi and my bs haxing please say no :(

scene

Banned deucer.
It is fair, it's not like the playing field wasn't level before the match was initiated. All this is doing is (hopefully) reducing the randomness factor. It's unfortunate that the luck didn't fall your way, but it could equally have been the other way around and we all know that. The default is still bo1 and I'm absolutely not going to force people who've already played to play a bo3. If you guys agree to play the extra match/es, that's fine and I'm willing to count them, but there's no pressure on your opponent to do that because the official format is still bo1. The crux of this is that you weren't put at a disadvantage by playing your match earlier in the week, and if you had been I wouldn't have considered giving this as an option (for example, tiers which require teambuilding).

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
You can't just give other players more options in the middle of the round. Either make it that you can't do bo3 until next round or let players already who already played do bo3s.

scene

Banned deucer.
You can't just give other players more options in the middle of the round. Either make it that you can't do bo3 until next round or let players already who already played do bo3s.
Sorry, as I've said before you weren't put at any disadvantage whatsoever. You could also have agreed to play bo3 between yourselves, and while I understand I never mentioned that as an option there was absolutely nothing stopping you making that agreement if you guys felt strongly about bo1 being too random. Anyway, to reply to your second point, I already said people who already played could finish a bo3 if they agree to. Sorry that you guys feel you got unlucky, and I know it's not ideal to be changing anything mid-round, but bo1 remains the default.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
If you had implemented the rule in the beginning of the round, then we wouldn't have been put at a disadvantage. However, there's no way the opposing team would agree to a bo3 now that they've won. Now in the case of the Deutsche team their player still had a chance to win after losing a battle, which is a disadvantage for us when you look at our situation. Now you could say that they could've easily agreed to bo1 instead, but judging by the requests that you've gotten it's safe to say that most teams would prefer to play bo3 if given the chance.

As for your second point, you can't expect us to go with a different format of the tournament simply because both players agreed when you haven't stated anything prior.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you had implemented the rule in the beginning of the round, then we wouldn't have been put at a disadvantage. However, there's no way the opposing team would agree to a bo3 now that they've won. Now in the case of the Deutsche team their player still had a chance to win after losing a battle, which is a disadvantage for us when you look at our situation. Now you could say that they could've easily agreed to bo1 instead, but judging by the requests that you've gotten it's safe to say that most teams would prefer to play bo3 if given the chance.

As for your second point, you can't expect us to go with a different format of the tournament simply because both players agreed when you haven't stated anything prior.
I'd just like to post this here; haha

This was from a while ago

&Scene: hi darnell
Darnell: hi scene
Darnell: ?
&Scene: would you be opposed to playing bo3
Darnell: na, I understand if they feel like it won't be fair so I don't mind all too much
&Scene: ok just gauging stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)