Tournament PSPL IV Playoffs: Finals [Won by Competitive Tutoring]

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Welcome to the finals of the Pokemon Showdown Premier League IV Playoffs! The top two teams, Doubles and Competitive Tutoring, are facing head-to-head for the title of PSPL Champion!

Update on prizes for the winner: They can choose from either a temporary "top room" status or a custom avatar that will be whitelisted for the use of the winning team and its participants!

Tie Breaker
In the case of two teams that are facing each other both gaining 4 wins, three best of 1 games will be played between the teams that are tied. Each team must select 3 players from their team that can be used for the games, with one of the games being OU and the two others being decided by the respective teams. One team votes for one format to play and the other does the same.​

Important reminders
  • Replays - To encourage competitive exposure to the tiers within the PS community, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches now must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match by the end of the week, both players will suffer an automatic game loss.
  • Updated Policy on Ghosting - Acts of ghosting have been subject to more hardline punishments in recent times, and this event is by no means an exception. Any convicted acts of ghosting will result in an immediate disqualification of this tournament, as well as a ban in place from participating next year. This ban will extend to BLT events (and vice-versa, meaning that BLT's bans will apply here as well), as well as possibly across any other big PS! forum community tournaments. For those unaware of what constitutes ghosting, check here.
All basic tournament rule apply. Please take a moment to read these, ESPECIALLY if you are new to forum tournaments.

• Sportsmanship: don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. The punishment for this could be a server ban (which means an instant loss for you), forum infraction, or disqualification. Think before you type, please.
  • Activity wins and scheduling: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS too. Unfortunately, I'll have to make some activity calls - I'll be making these based on activity posts (make these detailed, please, and explain why you deserve an activity win) and VM conversations, so be active and schedule as early as you can with your opponent. Use VMs and you will be fine. No extensions, sorry. If they lack a Smogon account, be vigilant as far as contacting them on PS goes.
  • Disconnections and timer: a timer loss is a loss. No ifs, no buts. If you disconnect and your opponent's nice enough to replay that's fine, but they're free to take the win.
  • Substitutions: managers, you're free to sub in players for inactive ones at any stage. Subs are taken from the lineups that were sent to me and Scpinion, and can include any managers if necessary. I'll accept substitutions from the manager and any roomowner.

Doubles (4) vs (4) Competitive Tutoring

Managers: kamikaze17 Memoric -- Eyan MrAldo

ORAS Ubers: Leru VS Starmei
ORAS OU: BLOOD TOTEM VS p2
ORAS UU: Colbrushie VS Royalty
ORAS RU
: Nido-Rus VS Arifeen
ORAS NU: qsns VS Peli
ORAS DOU
: Memoric VS DaAwesomeDude1
ORAS PU: xzern VS Teddeh
ORAS LC: talkingtree VS Eniigma

Last edited by a moderator:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Predicts:

ORAS Ubers: Leru VS Starmei : Strong Hippo
ORAS OU: BLOOD TOTEM VS p2 : Drunk Scott
ORAS UU: Colbrushie VS Kreme : Shoutouts Huston
ORAS RU: Nido-Rus VS Arifeen : "Jane what's that blooody sound?" "Why Clayton, I think that's the sound of Tarzan choking"
ORAS NU: qsns VS Peli : Unless rolls
ORAS DOU: Memoric VS DaAwesomeDude1 : DaDude just needs to hax
ORAS PU: xzern VS Teddeh : Greatest PU Player alive.
ORAS LC: talkingtree VS Eniigma : Take a page from your brother, at least the legible page, and use some nice goons

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ORAS UU: Colbrushie VS Kreme
ORAS RU: Nido-Rus VS Arifeen
ORAS NU: qsns VS Peli - My personal favourite, I hope this will be the decisive battle for max hype
ORAS DOU: Memoric VS DaAwesomeDude1

ORAS PU: xzern VS Teddeh looking forward to this

Forza Doppio!!

Go doubles so I can say OMs lost to the eventual winners

Empo

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 30 Championis the Smogon Tour Season 33 Championwon the 17th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
ORAS UU
: Colbrushie VS Kreme
ORAS RU
: Nido-Rus VS Arifeen
ORAS NU
: qsns VS Peli
ORAS LC
: talkingtree VS Eniigma

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion

GO DOUBLES

unless im wrong ct actually cant lose

with all due respect to leru starmei is just better

I fail to see how in the world blood totem could possibly come near p2

who tf is colbrushie

feen is the nigga

qsns might win

memoric is gonna win

teddeh is gonna own xzern's ass tbh he's like top 2 pu

eniigma will always hax is way to victory. always.

ct has the niggas go ct

Last edited:

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
ORAS Ubers: Leru VS Starmei sorry don't know you
ORAS OU: BLOOD TOTEM VS p2 sorry don't know you
ORAS UU: Colbrushie VS Kreme sorry don't know you
ORAS RU: Nido-Rus VS Arifeen sorry don't know you
ORAS NU: qsns VS Peli sorry don't know you
ORAS DOU: Memoric VS DaAwesomeDude1 sorry don't know you
ORAS PU: xzern VS Teddeh sorry don't know you
ORAS LC: talkingtree VS Eniigma Already happened. (sorry don't know you)

Really excited for these games.

Starmei

You thought you could challenge me?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
When you miss stone edge, dark void, lose a crucial speed tie, get a 3 turn sleep and get flinched by dark pulse in an < 20 turn battle. "gg" love when my wins get robbed. basically won turn 2 but alas

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)