Gen 3 PTD (poor typing disorder)

I want to make Piloswine seem semi-worth something. So here we go.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 188 HP / 136 Spd / 16 SAtk / 168 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Light Screen
- Rest
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

This is usually the route I take with screening Zapdoses. HP grass is almost purely for Swampert and, especially after a Light Screen, Gyarados will love any Swampert switch-ins. Idk though, maybe HP Ice over something.

Piloswine (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Oblivious
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide

Perhaps I should've saved Piloswine until the end, ah well. This is the best I could come up with for the swine. I realized there is atleast one interesting niche Piloswine fills and that is being immune to both hail and sandstorm...not that hail is ever used but that is beside the point. Advise on the Ev spread would be appreciated, as I just tried to put enough speed to outrun bulky grounds who couldn't be paralyzed.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP / 56 Atk / 184 Def / 52 Spd / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Thunder Wave

Fun Bulky Gyarados, mainly for Swampert. Enough speed to outrun most Suicune and then Marowak and everything Suicune is meant to outspeed I guess.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 172 HP / 136 Def / 176 Spd / 24 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Reflect
- Thunder
- Wish

I'm hoping Piloswine won't be taking any hits but on the off chance it is, Jirachi is here with Reflect, para, and Wish support.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 108 HP / 180 Spd / 220 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

This, is kind of my hope of catching Skarmory off guard. I mostly put it here to create a solid defense with Jirachi. Suggestions would of course be appreciated.

Hitmontop (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 128 Atk / 140 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Triple Kick

My answer to Ttar, and spikes...and ghosts that may attempt to block. I know I rely on prediction a bit with this but I like it. Maybe Starmie instead?

I like running Max Speed on Piloswine because it lets him outspeed and OHKO Metagross and no one ever expects it.

I've no clue why you would need Thunder Wave on Gyarados...

I would run Bulk Up over Rock Slide on Hitmontop because it'll be doing shit to Gyarados and Salamence even with the right prediction, and without Bulk Up you'll be doing shit to everything.

well the idea with Gyarados was just land some unexpected paralysis, but I guess most things that are coming in on Gyara are either immune to twave, will rest it off, or have natural cure. So just Taunt/Sub instead?

As for bulk up on Top...I'm not sold. Hitmontop just doesn't seem sturdy enough to be in for too many turns; what could he set up on in the first place? I'll test it out atleast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)