Project PU CCAT (Round 6 Nomination Stage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I agree that Regice implies offense and makes balance team building harder, but I don't see how the team can't still be made balance. I think the main argument was lack of SR setters with good synergy, but so far Clefairy has very nice synergy with the current team and one with a gourgeist on it, and it's not too late to run SR Carracosta as pointed out earlier. Is SR Carracosta and SD Serperior better? Maybe, and I'd vote for them if voting was up now. But putting a gourgeist on the team would be far from a bad choice, and certainly doesn't warrant being ridiculed, whatever the original team archetype intended.

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail

While a small part of this nom is just me being happy to have leafeon back, leafeon is actually a great partner to regice for many of the same reasons SD serperior is. It doesn't lure in much of anything, since unlike with serperior it's leafeon's most common set, but it still beats many of the mons that Regice hates and has nice synergy with carracosta. obviously, 3 boosting sweepers on a team is a bit excessive, however, changing carracosta to an SR set remedies this and also fixes the huge issue of choosing a proper SR setter later on, as this team is shaping up to have terrible synergy with just about all of them.

And with that, voting is now open. As usual, please vote for the username of the person whose set you're voting for. Voting will be open for ~72 hours from this post.

Again, while it's not mandatory, providing reasoning for your vote is highly recommended.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Magnemite - Might as well abuse the new threat :P
Can someone post the bulky SR set for carracosta just for reference? I know there are a ton of different EV spreads you can go with.

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Magnemite Would have gone with Serperior but now we have Leafeon

please don't vote for me if your only reason is that leafeon is new to the tier .-.

anyway, i'm voting for TRC since sd serp is also a good partner (though the fact that it lures in counters to regice is undermined by the fact that the majority of the community is going to know from team preview that its sd because this is a ccat .-.)

k i won, nominations for round 3 are open

Our team so far:

Regice @ Life Orb
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Carracosta @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Might as well complete the Fire / Water / Grass core with a Fire-type and what better Fire-type than Mega-Camerupt. Not exactly sure on the best spread and it can probably be optimized at a later point but w/e, also with mixed attackers nature is always a tough one lol.

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock / Will-O-Wisp

Fire Blast / Earth Power are always a given on mega rupt, while the last two moves are up for debate. Rock Slide is nice for Mantine, while rocks and willo are more of fillers.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head

Mr. Mime @ Life Orb
Ability: Filter
EVs: 128 SpA / 252 SpD / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Barrier

So I thought that Adrian Marin Mr. Mime should be brought into this for many reasons. To begin with, two of the Pokemon that were already on the team are weak to fighting, and the other is neutral to it, which can lead to some issues if you don't have a Pokemon like Mr. Mime. Mr. Mime is mostly important because they have two STABs that Fighting is weak against, and they are 4x resistant to fighting. Even though the common Technician set isn't on this Mr. Mime, it has Filter instead to make up for it's mediocre defense, while carrying Barrier to help boost it even more. It even has moves like Thunderbolt to take care of some common water threats, with Dazzling Gleam and Psyshock to take care of other threats that are physically or specially defensive.

Might as well complete the Fire / Water / Grass core with a Fire-type and what better Fire-type than Mega-Camerupt. Not exactly sure on the best spread and it can probably be optimized at a later point but w/e, also with mixed attackers nature is always a tough one lol.

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide HP Electric
- Stealth Rock / Will-O-Wisp

Fire Blast / Earth Power are always a given on mega rupt, while the last two moves are up for debate. Rock Slide is nice for Mantine, while rocks and willo are more of fillers.
I agree with Stealth Rock for now, but HP Electric is usually better than Rock Slide to hit Pelipper, Mantine, and Water-types in general which are quite common. It also hits Poliwrath, which is a bonus.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I agree with Stealth Rock for now, but HP Electric is usually better than Rock Slide to hit Pelipper, Mantine, and Water-types in general which are quite common. It also hits Poliwrath, which is a bonus.
HP Electric is /ok/, but it is not directed at poliwrath, as that is hit much harder by a stab sheer force earth power.

MZ

I have nothing against mr. Mime but I'm very confused about that set. 128 speed? Barrier? Max spdef? If we run Mr. Mime, it should be scarf/LO with healing wish to support the sweepers we have.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Mr. Mime @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Healing Wish
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Encore/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball

Seeing as the team so far has taken a Hyper Offense approach, Mr. Mime would fit well on this team. The main thing with the team so far was a lack of a Fighting resist and Mr. Mime fits the bill. As all 3 pokemon so far are set-up sweepers, Healing Wish support would do well for this team. Furthermore, Mr.Mime can deal out solid damage with STAB Psychic and Dazzling Gleam while also providing Encore support to allow its teammates to switch in and set-up themselves.

Last edited:

Mr. Mime @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Healing Wish
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast/Shadow Ball/Encore

Seeing as the team so far has taken a Hyper Offense approach, Mr. Mime would fit well on this team. The main thing with the team so far was a lack of a Fighting resist and Mr. Mime fits the bill. As all 3 pokemon so far are set-up sweepers, Healing Wish support would do well for this team. Furthermore, Mr.Mime can deal out solid damage with STAB Psychic and Dazzling Gleam while also providing Encore support to allow its teammates to switch in and set-up themselves.
I do like the idea of this, but why 29 HP IVs? Am I missing something obvious?

FAGTRONS SEXUAL FANTASY (Misdreavus) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Memento
- Will-o-wisp
- Foul Play

Basically our current team looks like a setup shitfest so we might as well take advantage of that. This Misdreavus set is designed to distrupt the opponent and create setup opportunities for our three setup sweepers (which might look like a stupid idea but it actually isn't to be fair of we decide to support them well) and it is also very good for protecting the entry hazards this team will need to have. I have never believed in CCAT but if we want to make a team at least let's make it somewhat different n.n

FAGTRONS SEXUAL FANTASY (Misdreavus) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Memento
- Will-o-wisp
- Foul Play

Basically our current team looks like a setup shitfest so we might as well take advantage of that. This Misdreavus set is designed to distrupt the opponent and create setup opportunities for our three setup sweepers (which might look like a stupid idea but it actually isn't to be fair of we decide to support them well) and it is also very good for protecting the entry hazards this team will need to have. I have never believed in CCAT but if we want to make a team at least let's make it somewhat different n.n
Also a really good idea. I like the ability to taunt the enemy so that can't burn are pokes and stuff like that (actually paralysis would probably be more of an annoyance in hyper offense). But why do we need hazard? Also, defog is way more used in PU, especially because Pelipper does quite well against Garbador, so should we have a defog stopper like Purugly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)