Project PU CCAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP stolen from the ru version
Approved by mods and user: WhiteDMist
HELLO FRENDS! Today we will begin everyone's favorite project: the PU CommunityCreateATeam. For those of unaware of what this is, let me give you a brief summary (which was shamelessly stolen off of
-Tsunami- a few months ago:] ).

Stage 1: We are going to start by picking a Pokemon (and set) we are going to be basing the team around. This does NOT mean the Pokemon has to be the late game sweeper, it means the team will be built around that Pokemon, whatever role it plays. This thread is for nominating Pokemon to be added to a poll. After a couple of days (probably around one-two days, until enough Pokemon are in the poll (around 10)), I will select which Pokemon are going to be in the poll that will be posted after we decide on a list of Pokemon. This means you have to convince me, and others, that your Pokemon is worth being put in the vote.

Stage 2: We select one Pokemon that works well around the selected one.

Stage 3: We select Pokemon that work well around our Pokemon and fit the team style and test it.

Stage 4: We fine-tune the team based on our experiences in test-driving the team on the ladder!

Now have fun posting!

Swoobat sounds fun, after everything that knows roar/haze/clear smog is dead, you calm mind stored power sweep.

Swoobat @ Kee Berry
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Heat Wave
- Stored Power
- Roost​

Maximum physical defense to survive a physical hit or two. Kee berry gives +2 defense if it gets hit by a physical attack so it can roost to tank anything that gets close to killing it. Kee Berry also synergises well with stored power. heat wave/stored power hits for at least neutral damage on every common pokemon in the tier.
EDIT: Changed to kee berry cause I didn't know it was a thing until now
EDIT2: Had to format my post to make it pretty like unfixable's :v

Last edited:

Yanma @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain / Hidden Power Ground
- Protect
I think basing a team around Yanma is a neat idea. The problem with Yanma is the sheer amount of support it needs, but, with proper support, Yanma can be quite dangerous. This set is fairly simple, Protect to gain Speed Boosts and attacks. Yanma is neat because it can beat many common threats like Musharna and can check some like Carracosta. Air Slash + Bug Buzz is actually very good coverage because of the lack of Steel-type Pokemon in the tier. Giga Drain keeps it alive and hits Sesmitoad, Carracosta, Barbaracle, Golem, etc. Some things to keep in mind when building with Yanma are obviously Stealth Rock. Stealth Rock removers are mandatory, with some options like Pelipper being able to remove these. Another thing to keep in mind is how weak Yanma truly is, without Spikes support it won't be at its prime. Yet another thing is priority must be accounted for. +2 Aqua Jet from Carracosta or Ice Shard from Sneasel really suck for Yanma. Finally, Normal-types need to be broken down, so something for this is needed. These are some things to keep in mind if Yanma is chosen, but I definitely think a cool team could be created!

Swoobat sounds fun, after everything that knows roar/haze/clear smog is dead, you calm mind stored power sweep.
Swoobat @ Ganlon Berry
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Heat Wave
- Stored Power
- Roost
Maximum physical defense to survive a physical hit or two. Ganalon berry gives +2 defense so it can roost to tank anything that gets close to killing it. Ganalon berry also synergises well with stored power. heat wave/stored power hits for at least neutral damage on every common pokemon in the tier.
I'm sorry to inform you, but Galnon berry Swoobat with max defense is most certainly not a thing.

Anyways, onto my nomination: Fraxure

Fraxure @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Poison Jab
- Substitute

So I fell in love with this monster after reserving it for an NU analysis. This thing hits so hard on it's own, and has a wonderful boosting option in Dragon Dance. The EVs are designed to outspeed max speed Adamant Sneasel (if you run +spe sneasel you suck j/s). This mon is pretty good but requires some support, such as a WishPasser so it can come in a few times, and a way to sponge knock off.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Musharna @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Signal Beam
- Moonlight

OTR Mush sounds like a fun set to build around. This set can pull off late-game sweeps on its own against fast teams and support slow teammates. It doesn't necessarily have to be on a full TR team although slow teammates such as Throh and Poliwrath have good synergy with it anyway.

Also Peef I wouldn't be so quick to discount that berry o.o

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
Well here's throhcune

Throh (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Circle Throw

Although less common than Poliwrath, Throh has a few things going for it. Although it can not check Sneasel as well, there's still this:
252+ Atk Life Orb Sneasel Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Throh: 113-134 (25.4 - 30.1%) -- 0.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
Circle Throw easily KO's from there. Throh has more physical bulk and less weaknesses than Poliwrath (cough grass cough), allowing it to have more uses in general. Aside from countering Sneasel, Throhcune plays very similarly to Crocune (yes I know it's named weirdly). As long as Ghosts are out of the way, it can slowly work its way up to +6 Attack and simply sweep with Circle Throw. Some threats to this include Musharna, Flying types, and strong special attackers, but with proper team support, it can be a true monster.

yes I know there's gonna be a Poliwrath set that's probably gonna win but Throh has a special place in my heart <3

okay, i'll post an actual good set, albeit an underrated one that i've wanted to use but never had the chance to, and something that would be fun to build around. while yanma and swoobat are usable (well, a different swoobat set, but still), i'd much rather build around a good / decent but not outstanding mon in order to have the final team actually be good, since one of the biggest criticisms of ccats is that the teams tend to be really bad, and i'd rather have our first one be actually decent. Anyway, onto my set:

Ninetales (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball

NP Ninetales is a sweeper which is really hard to wall thanks to its strong STAB, good coverage, and access to Psyshock. Its downsides include being a bit slow, which makes it relatively easy for offensive teams to revenge, being weak to SR, and being hard to set up. all of these can be handled pretty well with team support, so i feel that this would be a cool mon to build around. Also it's shiny because shiny ninetales is really cool and when we pick sets we use the exact set submitted iirc.

I suppose I'll nominate one of my personal favorites:

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Roost
- Taunt
- Foul Play

Vullaby is one of the most overlooked mons in the tier (probably because Showdown lists it in LC away from all the stuff that looks viable) but it's actually really good atm. Walls physical attackers to hell and back, provides Defog support, Taunt really messes with a lot of mons, and Foul Play lets it hit hard without attack investment. 240 HP to hit an SR number and the rest in Spe because I love to speed creep.

Here are some calcs showcasing Vullaby's ridonkulous bulk:

252 Atk Life Orb Sneasel Ice Punch vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Vullaby: 151-179 (44.2 - 52.4%) -- 12.9% chance to 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Huntail Waterfall vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Vullaby: 129-153 (37.8 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Guts Flareon Facade (140 BP) vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Vullaby: 145-171 (42.5 - 50.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Rock Slide vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Vullaby: 135-161 (39.5 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+6 252+ Atk Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Vullaby: 220-261 (64.5 - 76.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And just for fun, and to demonstrate the point even more:

252+ Atk Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Vullaby: 153-180 (44.8 - 52.7%) -- 22.7% chance to 2HKO

It's not a flawless mon, but it's really good and definitely deserves more love.

So yeah, um, let's observe a power yet sadly underrated (I believe, haven't laddered in a few days) beast:
Golurk @ Choice Band
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Choice Banded Golurk is a monster, having the capability to smash throw a decent amount of Pokemon, only being hindered by its subpar Speed and inability to efficiently dispose of fellow Ghost-type Pokemon. It also loses a deal of viability after being hit by a Knock Off, as the additional Choice Band Attack boost is what makes it most able to smash throw defensive Pokemon. However, it has a fun time utilizing perfect accuracy on all of its moves, which include the ever-powerful Dynamic Punch, an invaluable tool that has a chance to cripple the opposing Pokemon. Not to mention missing Stone Edge is a pain in the ass, so why not get rid of that chance? Overall, Golurk is a great Pokemon with a nice concept, and moderate bulk, only really bad because of it's meh typing (Weak to 5 things) and its subpar Speed.
Golurk isn't PU.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Scraggy @ Eviolite
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Rest

This is something i have been experimenting with and so far has been working decently well. I chose this poke because it needs decent amount of support to be effective, however, when certain pokes have been weakened/gone then it can work wonders. This is a fairly simple set, maxing its spdef out so after a couple of bulk ups it can tank any hit and clean up. Due to its good bulk with eviolite, typing, rest + shed skin and coolness, it can set up on a lot of pokes, eg musharna, tankturtle, non clear smog garbodor, golem, haunters depending on moveset, bslam licki, piloswine, purugly, roselia (and thats just from s/a rank). The problem with using it is that it requires support; which is why we build our team around it. It needs elimination of togetic, mrmime, polwrath, throh, swanna and peliper (more, but those are the main ones). It also appreciates things like toxic spikes, also para spam is nice (sticky web doesnt do too much for it). I also feel that scraggy is underused, it has niches over throh (i dont think i emphasised enough on how it sets up and destroys mush)

Otherwise, there have been some cool ideas

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
okay, i'll post an actual good set, albeit an underrated one that i've wanted to use but never had the chance to, and something that would be fun to build around. while yanma and swoobat are usable (well, a different swoobat set, but still), i'd much rather build around a good / decent but not outstanding mon in order to have the final team actually be good, since one of the biggest criticisms of ccats is that the teams tend to be really bad, and i'd rather have our first one be actually decent. Anyway, onto my set:

Ninetales (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball

NP Ninetales is a sweeper which is really hard to wall thanks to its strong STAB, good coverage, and access to Psyshock. Its downsides include being a bit slow, which makes it relatively easy for offensive teams to revenge, being weak to SR, and being hard to set up. all of these can be handled pretty well with team support, so i feel that this would be a cool mon to build around. Also it's shiny because shiny ninetales is really cool and when we pick sets we use the exact set submitted iirc.
I've found Passho Berry a very viable item on this set as well so might want to slash that as it prevents you from being easily revenge killed by stuff like Basculin and Floatzel.

Electrode

Ability: Static

Moveset:

Taunt
Thunder
Volt Switch
Rain Dance

252 Speed EV
252 Special Attack EV
4 HP EV

Held Item: Focus Sash​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)