Project PU Core Analysis Workshop (Discussing partners to Rotom-F + Monferno)

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Approved by galbia | Primarily copied from bludz who primarily copied the format from OU's Victim of the Week

Pokemon teams rely on offensive and defensive synergy to function. Cores of pokemon are units within teams that are built specifically to take advantage of these synergies between pokemon. Many teams are built around such cores. The premise of this thread is to analyze cores by discussing threats to them and then potential partners. Hopefully this exercise helps you with your teambuilding process.

I will not necessarily be using cores from the Good Cores thread (though I may use a few), but I recommend you check it out if you are looking for a core to build around.

Procedure:

1. I will post a core comprised of 2 pokemon.

2. For the first 3 days after that post, posters will have the chance to post threats to the core.
Example: Monferno is a threat to a darkspam core of Pawniard + Mightyena.

3. After the the first 3 days are up, posters will nominate potential partners to the core, keeping in mind the threats previously posted. This will last for 4 days.
Example: Beheeyem is a potential partner because it deals with bulky Fighting-types such as Monferno and other walls that Pawniard and Mightyena have trouble breaking past such as Pelipper and Carracosta.

4. When the week is up, I will choose the top 3 partners to the core and put them in the OP. This is a subjective procedure so I will most likely consult other players – but not ones who made nominations in the thread. Please don’t be insulted if your nomination doesn’t make the OP. I will probably add in a Hall of Fame if this thread goes on for long enough.

Rules:

1. Please follow up your reservations in a timely fashion. I will allow 3 hours after a reservation to make the post. After the 3 hours is up, if you have not made your post then someone else may reserve that pokemon.

2. When the threats nominations period ends, I will no longer accept threats and will only be accepting partners to the core.

3. Please post only pokemon that are viable in PU. Preferably ones not listed lower than D rank in the viability rankings.

4. Each poster may only nominate one partner to a core. I would prefer you only post one threat as well but if many threats have been posted since your first post I may allow you to post a second threat.

5. When posting either a threat or a partner, explain yourself. Calcs are not necessary but please list more reasons than something simple like type synergy. Be descriptive so that other posters and I can fully understand your reasoning behind your nomination. Also please list a full set of the pokemon including its item, full moveset, EV spread, and nature.

6. Please be respectful to others :)

Clarifications Regarding Threats & Partners:

A threat to the core must check or counter at least one member and cannot be countered by the other. A threat does not necessarily need to be able to switch into both members of the core, but it should be difficult/annoying to switch into for the members of the core. More clarification is provided in the post below. Of course, the biggest threats counter both members.

When nominating partners, you are allowed to make suggested changes to the current sets of the members of the core.
Example: If you nominate Swords Dance Leafeon to be a partner of a core consisting of Swords Dance Pawniard + Mightyena, you may also suggest changing Pawniard's set from Swords Dance to Low Kick all out attacker.

Past cores discussed:
Carracosta (RIP) + Zebstrika

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Tangela |
Piloswine (RIP) |
Roselia

Raichu + Ninjask

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Prinplup (RIP) |
Barbaracle (RIP) |
Poliwrath (RIP)

Stoutland + Sawsbuck

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Ninetales | Roselia |
Rotom-Frost

Carracosta (RIP, use Relicanth)+ Roselia

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Probopass |
Torkoal | Rapidash

Sawsbuck + Victreebel (RIP)

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Rapidash | Zebstrika | Probopass

Piloswine (RIP) + Pelipper

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Ninetales |
Clefairy |
Tangela

Arbok + Poliwrath (RIP)

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Grumpig |
Misdreavus | Dusknoir

Tangela + Clefairy

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Poliwrath (RIP) |
Rapidash |
Carracosta (RIP)

Barbaracle (RIP) + Jumpluff

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Grumpig |
Clefairy | Machoke

Pawniard + Mightyena

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Grumpig |
Pelipper |
Simisage

Articuno + Vibrava

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Probopass |
Grumpig | Ninetales

Ursaring + Mr. Mime

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Piloswine (RIP) |
Probopass | Arbok

Floatzel + Zebstrika

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Raichu |
Vibrava | Whirlipede

Misdreavus + Fraxure

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Ninetales |
Arbok |
Stunfisk

Simipour + Raichu

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Regice |
Roselia |
Mr. Mime

Piloswine + Roselia

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Misdreavus | Pelipper | Clefairy

Stoutland + Mightyena

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Simipour |
Mr. Mime | Leavanny

Vigoroth + Jumpluff

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Roselia |
Machoke |
Swanna

Gourgeist-Super + Zweilous

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Grumpig |
Metang | Probopass

Dodrio + Raichu

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Trapinch |
Vibrava | Stoutland

Arbok + Fraxure

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Metang |
Ninetales | Grumpig

Solrock + Roselia

Threats | Partners
Top 3 Partners:
Politoed |
Clefairy | Purugly

Current core being discussed:

Chatot + Stoutland

Threats | Partners

Last edited:

Grim

The Ghost
First core!

Carracosta @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat

Brief description:
Carracosta is a very threatening sweeper but struggles with Grass- and Water-types that can either take a hit from Carracosta and KO it in return, or outspeed it even after a Shell Smash and resist Aqua Jet, such as Jumpluff and Poliwrath. Due to its ability, Sap Sipper, Zebstrika switches in and easily defeats most Grass-types, and defeats Water-types if it gets a free switch in.

Posting this in the evening, so I'll let this run a little longer and the threat nomination period will end on Friday when I wake up. You can post threats to the core now. :]

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Reserving golem
Edit: GrimoireGod kek

076.gif

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

It's fairly obvious that ground types hit both for Super Effective damage and ruin the core the best. Golem can be hit down to sturdy and KO Zebstrika and does about 70% on average to Carracosta, forcing it to hit golem down to sturdy and then play 50/50 games between Shell Smash or Aqua Jet (to beat out the sucker punch). Sturdy is also useful for stopping a sweep from a rampaging Carracosta. Golem can even force Zebstrika think twice about volt switching out and get it to use its weakest move, HP Grass, which can allow some mons to switch in and deal with Zebstrika while preserving the sturdy. Very annoying in general and forces SR to be a top priority.

Last edited:

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Torterra @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Looking at the core, Ground-types looked problematic even though the core has Carracosta on it. RP Torterra looks to give this core a lot of problems, especially if Torterra gets off a Rock Polish. It also has the coverage to handle both mons with STAB Seed Bomb and Earthquake.

Last edited:

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- U-Turn
- Seed Bomb
- Acrobatics

The potential of U-Turn Jumpluff still has to be fully discovered, as access to a momentum move can be useful in several situations, such as this one. We all know how Jumpluff is threatening to Shell Smash Carracosta, because its high Speed allows Jumpluff to outspeed Carracosta even after a +2 Speed Bost and easily KO it with Seed Bomb or put it to sleep with Sleep Powder, but that's one of the main reasons Zebstrika is ran as a teammates. Well, U-Turn also makes Jumpluff able to easily catch Zebstrika off guard on the switch-in, gaining momentum and switching in onto a more favorable matchup, which is lethal especially against offensive teams, where this core is ran.

Last edited:

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus

Sawsbuck @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Horn Leech
- Return
- Jump Kick

Sawsbuck is a really solid Pokemon against this core. With the small disadvantage it has to predict the switch into Zebstrika, it can still put a lot of powerful moves forward against the given Pokemon. Horn Leech OHKO's Carracosta and Return does nice damage against Zebstrika. Jump Kick is also a solid move that hits both of the opposing mons very well. Sawsbuck is a check against the two of them but bewarned of Overheat and a Shell Smash on Carracosta.

Seeing as most people are posting Ground/Grass type Pokemon, Agility Articuno looks like a good Pokemon that can take out these threats as well as provide pretty good synergy with the other Pokemon in the core.

<- Ignore the ice bird

Articuno @ Life Orb (Don't mind if the set is messed up, I don't really know what you run on it Item and EV wise.)
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Hurricane
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost

Last edited:

Simipour @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Low Kick

Simipour can't directly switch into both of these pokemon, however it is still a threat to this core regardless. Simipour outspeeds Adamant Carracosta after a Shell Smash, and can nail it with Grass Knot or Hydro Pump. Zebstrika has very few chances to switch into Simipour, as Hydro Pump has a 75% to 0hko, and that's not even factoring in rocks. Scarf Simipour is even more threatening to this core, but I figured I would just stick to the standard set that fits easier on most teams, while still being a big threat to the core.

Last edited:
Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Vacuum Wave

Hard counters this variant of Carracosta and Zeb hates switching in on focus blast.

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Carracosta Stone Edge vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Poliwrath: 214-252 (57.6 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Poliwrath Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Solid Rock Carracosta: 306-361 (105.5 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Poliwrath Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Zebstrika: 208-246 (71.4 - 84.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Poliwrath Vacuum Wave vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Zebstrika: 70-84 (24 - 28.8%) -- 98.3% chance to 4HKO (KOes w/ focus blast after rocks)

Last edited:

TONE

is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: NaN Atk / 30 Def
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Well as I mentioned before, despite Carracosta being a part of this core, Ground-types really hamper this core. Hence in comes Tangela for some much needed relief. Tangela takes care of all the Ground-types for Carracosta and Zebstrika even taking 5 hits from Piloswine's Icicle Spear with no problem whatsoever and OHKOing with Leaf Storm or 2HKOing with Giga Drain. It also counters Torterra very well and also provides another way to handle Jumpluff if Zebstrika is in a weakened state.

252+ Atk Piloswine Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Tangela: 240-280 (72 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Tangela Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Piloswine: 390-462 (96.7 - 114.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Tangela Giga Drain vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Piloswine: 228-270 (56.5 - 66.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Tangela Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Torterra: 276-328 (83.3 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

Roselia (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Toxic Spikes / Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder / Synthesis

Similiar to Tangela, but in a more offensive fashion! Yea I think its clear that this core appreciates Grass-types so...Roselia fits better on offensive teams, other than having nice typing synergy with Carracosta, especially dealing with Bulky Grass-types that trouble the core, it also provides Toxic Spikes / Spikes to wear down enemy team and a decent check for special attackers, it also provides a good synergy with Zebstrika as it is troubled by Jumpluff too. Only prob would be ground-types but most of them can be dealt with anyway, as Roselia outspeeds most of them.

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard

Piloswine's utility and ability to check the many threats to this core, such as Golem, Zebstrika, and Jumpluff to name a few, makes it a great partner for the core. Piloswine's utility in Stealth Rock secures some ohko's and 2hko's, such as Carracosta having a high chance to ohko Zebstrika after rocks with +2 Aqua Jet, while Piloswine also provides a handy immunity to electric, disrupting voltturn and complementing its ability to deal with Zebstrika, an otherwise troublesome mon to this core (run-on sentences ftw). The problem with adding Piloswine is that Poliwrath says hi to it and Carracosta. Because of this, I would recommend changing Waterfall to Zen Headbutt on Carracosta, so that the core's matchup with Poliwrath is less difficult.
252+ Atk Golem Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Piloswine: 136-162 (33.7 - 40.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Zebstrika Overheat vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Thick Fat Piloswine: 133-159 (33 - 39.4%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO

Zebstrika Volt Switch vs. Piloswine: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time

252+ Atk Piloswine Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jumpluff: 324-384 (111.3 - 131.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Carracosta Zen Headbutt vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Poliwrath: 455-538 (122.6 - 145%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Carracosta Zen Headbutt vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Poliwrath: 325-385 (84.8 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Last edited:

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Seeing as most people are posting Ground/Grass type Pokemon, Agility Articuno looks like a good Pokemon that can take out these threats as well as provide pretty good synergy with the other Pokemon in the core. That can take out threats such as Jumpluff, Torterra, Sawsbuck, Golem, and other annoying Pokemon that attempt to stop you.

Articuno @ Life Orb (Don't mind if the set is messed up, I don't really know what you run on it Item and EV wise.)
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Hurricane
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost

Grim

The Ghost
Thanks for the partners! I haven't decided the top 3 partners yet so that will be edited in later after I have talked with some people. Next core:

Raichu @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Encore

Ninjask @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty / Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- X-Scissor
- Giga Drain / Night Slash

Brief description pf the core:
Ninjask and Raichu form a nice offensive VoltTurn core together, which potentially coupled with entry hazards make it easy to wear the opponent's team down while keeping the momentum on your side. Any offensive Volt Switch user fits, but Raichu stands out as the only on that can somewhat reliably beat Piloswine that would otherwise stop them. They also cover each others weaknesses decently well, with Raichu covering Ninjask's Electric weakness and Ninjask covering Raichu's Ground weakness.

You have until Friday evening to post threats to the core. :)

Last edited:

Raiza

World Defender

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Dodrio has to be brought up in revegekill after a teammates dies, yes, but once it enters on the field, there's no way this core stops it, as Choice Scarf allows it to be faster than both Ninjask and Raichu, with a Jolly nature, which is needed to outspeed common Choice Scarf users such as Haunter and sweepers such as Lunatone and Vicreebel, it is still able to handily KO both of them using Return, as Stealth Rock are common and Raichu gets worn down quickly because of Life Orb.

Last edited:

TONE

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Toxic / Scald

Well looking at this VoltTurn core, i needed to think of something that could block Volt Switch, take an HP Ice, and Ninjask all at once. And then Stunfisk immediately came to mind. It can take three Life Orb HP Ice with ease and 2HKO with Earth Power while Ninjask
can't 3HKO with X-Scissor while being OHKOd by Discharge.

252 SpA Life Orb Raichu Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Stunfisk: 133-159 (31.5 - 37.7%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Raichu Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Stunfisk: 133-157 (31.5 - 37.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Stunfisk Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Raichu: 198-234 (75.8 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Ninjask X-Scissor vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Stunfisk: 135-160 (32 - 38%) -- 0.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Stunfisk Discharge vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Ninjask: 282-332 (107.2 - 126.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus

Luxray @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Crunch / Fang Move idk
- Volt Switch

Looking at the Pokemon provided, Luxray seems like a good Pokemon to take on the core. The ability Intimidate allows it to deal with Ninjask pretty well and with it's typing resist's Ninjask's Aerial Ace and Raichu's Electric STAB. It's not a full fledged counter to the core, but it is a solid check to both Raichu and Ninjask which can OHKO them.

Last edited:
As with any offensive core and team in general, you need a check or two to dark spam, and priority in general, so I'll just post an example of a powerful priority user that gives some offensive teams nightmares, including this core:

Mightyena @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Play Rough
- Iron Tail

Mightyena threatens offense in general with its powerful priority in Sucker Punch, being able to ohko Raichu after rocks, and ohko'ing Ninjask cleanly. Of Course Mightyena probably can't beat Raichu in a 1v1 scenario unless a high roll Sucker Punch, but nonetheless priority Sucker from Mightyena and priority in general is a big threat to this core, Mightyena being a prime example of powerful priority users.

252+ Atk Life Orb Mightyena Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Raichu: 231-274 (89.1 - 105.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO (Guaranteed w/ rocks)

252+ Atk Life Orb Mightyena Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ninjask: 273-321 (103.8 - 122%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

walls and rk's ninjask zzz, also deals well w/ raichu b4 set up and focus MISS

Last edited:

Carbink @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Carbink can easily take any hit from Ninjask, even Giga Drain. Raichu is unable to 2HKO and Carbink can use Calm Mind the first turn it's in against Raichu and rest off any damage. After Carbink is at +1 SpD, Raichu can't 3HKO it and it can Sleep Talk Rests/Moonblasts. At +1 SpA, Carbink can 2HKO Raichu (including a Life Orb hit). Carbink does have to be aware of Encore from Raichu, but let's be honest, who runs Encore?

Ninjask to Carbink
252+ Atk Choice Band Ninjask U-turn vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Carbink: 39-47 (12.8 - 15.5%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252+ Atk Choice Band Ninjask X-Scissor vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Carbink: 45-54 (14.8 - 17.8%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Ninjask Aerial Ace vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Carbink: 33-40 (10.8 - 13.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever
4 SpA Ninjask Giga Drain vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Carbink: 44-54 (14.5 - 17.8%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery

Raichu to Carbink
252 SpA Life Orb Raichu Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Carbink: 105-125 (34.6 - 41.2%) -- 65.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Raichu Thunderbolt vs. +1 248 HP / 0 SpD Carbink: 70-83 (23.1 - 27.3%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Carbink to core
8 SpA Carbink Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Ninjask: 103-123 (39.1 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 8 SpA Carbink Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Ninjask: 156-184 (59.3 - 69.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
8 SpA Carbink Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Raichu: 72-85 (27.5 - 32.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
+1 8 SpA Carbink Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Raichu: 108-127 (41.3 - 48.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Last edited:
FREE HUGS (Sliggoo) (F) @ Eviolite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Sligoo is a great Tank, and with bold max defense walls a lot of Physical hits, and he walls almost everything on Special Meta. Ninjask needs Luck to 3hko him after rocks, when Sligoo just needs rocks to 1hko Ninjask. Raichu 4hko him,beside the fact that Sligoo 4hko Raichu, after LO damage is guaranteed 3hko.

252+ Atk Choice Band Ninjask Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Sliggoo: 88-105 (25.8 - 30.8%) -- 15.6% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Sliggoo Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Ninjask: 192-228 (73 - 86.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Raichu Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Sliggoo: 81-96 (23.8 - 28.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Sliggoo Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Raichu: 67-79 (25.6 - 30.2%) -- 5.3% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear

Cicada? Ice shard. Electric mouse? Quake his earth.
Piloswine's above average attack and bulk when holding an eviolite paired with its access to stab (se in ninjask's case) priority in the form of ice shard allows it to handle glass cannons like Ninjask and Raichu fairly well. LO Raichu's inability to ohko Piloswine, after rocks, and Ninjask potentially dying to aforementioned priority makes this pig nothing to snort at.

252 SpA Life Orb Raichu Focus Blast vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Piloswine: 268-317 (67 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Piloswine Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ninjask: 224-266 (85.1 - 101.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)