Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power Grass
- Taunt

Taunt is very handy for being an effective check to defensive pokes as well as being an anti-lead. Clefairy, Gastrodon and Qwilfish can't come in for free, as Floatzel normally does not have the capability of beating all three at once. Also being the fastest Taunt user outside of Sableye is a nice plus, and it makes it a nuisance versus defensive teams, as things can't wear it down with status, recovery and Life Orb recoil.

Last edited:
Floatzel @ Normalium Z
Ability: Water Veil
Jolly Nature
- Me First
- Aqua Tail
- Dig
- Ice Punch

Why don't we take Floatzel and make go faster? And that's what I did here. Z-Me First it probably one of the best Z-Moves imo with the rise of the speed by 2+ and has a chance to copy the opponent move! With the exception of Aqua Tail for that STAB. Dig for the Electric types it's not the best move to use but it will be worth it. And Ice Punch for the Grass Types.

Last edited:

Floatzel @ Leftovers
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bulk Up
- Substitute

- Frustration / Crunch

This Floatzel set allows you to set up and get free substitutes against common physical Floatzel answers such as Qwilfish and Ferroseed and beat them 1v1. Waterfall + Frustration offers good neutral coverage that's only really troubled by Gourgeist but you can also go Crunch if u don't want to get walled by that. Substitute is also handy for pivots with Volt Switch such as Lanturn and Eelektross as they don't force Floatzel out anymore.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Floatzel @ Darkinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Switcheroo
- Aqua Tail
- Dig
- Ice Punch

Why don't we take Floatzel and make go faster? And that's what I did here. to move will fail obviously but the speed will go +2 and it can pretty much outspeed everything! Now for the moves. Aqua Tail because of stab. dig for the Electric types it isn't the best move to use but simply not the worst and finally Ice Punch for the grass types!
try me first, does the same thing as switcheroo with the chance to copy opponent's move

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor

Floatzel @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Waterfall
- Dig
- Ice Punch

+1 252 Atk Floatzel Tectonic Rage (160 BP) vs. 128 HP / 128 Def Lanturn: 578-680 (136.6 - 160.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Need I say more? Ultimate Lanturn lure. also helps with other opposing electrics such as Alolan Raichu and Manectric if neither are scarfed.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor

Floatzel @ Life Orb / Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Pursuit
- Return

Pursuit is a good move. Use it to take a chunk out of stuff like Oricorio-G, Pyroar, and Magmortar who try to switch out.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Lanturn @ Normalium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell

More physical bulk, ability to heal yourself as well as get rid of allies' status conditions, Toxic and pivot, what's not to love?

Calcs
252+ Atk Iron Fist Hitmonchan Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Lanturn: 139-165 (30.6 - 36.3%) -- 54.5% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Skuntank Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Lanturn: 115-136 (25.3 - 29.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Primeape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Lanturn: 169-199 (37.2 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)