Project PU Sample Teams (OUTDATED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I updated the OP with your volt turn team, lumineon is pretty cool and underrated imo.

lumineon is terrible and outclassed, just use pelipper. who cares if you're not weak to sr when you're vunerable to spikes and toxic spikes in a tier where they're everywhere, have terrible defensive stats, and have no recovery?

anyway i should have posted this 5ever ago, but here is the sun team i rmt'ed around a month ago:

This is a really standard sun team, but I'll explain a bit about it anyway. The basic idea of using this team is to lead with Carbink and get sun up as well as get SR up if possible, then tear the opposing team apart with the huge offensive pressure and wallbreaking power provided by Victreebel and Choice Band Flareon, replenish sun or Encore stuff with Volbeat if needed, and then clean with Sawsbuck and Sneasel. I chose Carbink over Golem because of its greater overall bulk and lack of common 4x weaknesses which let it set up both sun and Stealth Rock much more reliably than Golem, as well as its ability to check two huge threats to this team in Sneasel and Scarf Tauros. I chose Sneasel for my filler slot as most of its checks get destroyed by the rest of my team and it is a very solid mon on just about any team. Also, when ORAS comes out definitely run Magic Coat > Rock Slide on Carbink, as it really helps against Taunt users (especially Kricketune).

ROCK WITH EYES (Carbink) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Rock Slide

Volbeat @ Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Sunny Day
- U-turn
- Encore
- Thunder Wave

Victreebel (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Sleep Powder
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball

Flareon (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Quick Attack
- Flame Charge

Sawsbuck (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Double-Edge
- Megahorn

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard

Last edited:

Ares

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Updated the OP with Magnemite's team, thanks for the sun team!

Still looking for: a Rain team, a Balance team that does not rely on spike stacking, and a Stall team

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've used Carracosta over Sneasel to decent success on Magnemite's Sun. It provides a good check to Scarf Tauros and opposing Sneasel, both of which can wreck Magnemite's team after Carbink goes down (which I found to happen often). It also provides a nice lategame win condition as well. Clashing with sun sucks but it's not like it doesn't have the reliable Stone Edge as a secondary STAB!

Also, he got to #1 with Lumineon so it can't be that bad *shrug*

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
by this logic whirlipede can't be bad in RU since molk got to #1 with it multiple times
Agree that the logic is flimsy but Lumineon isn't weak to rock and can take one electric hit, which is important because I often want a slower u-turn on scarf raichu and it allows me to switch into golem without taking SR + SE stone edge

Agree that the logic is flimsy but Lumineon isn't weak to rock and can take one electric hit, which is important because I often want a slower u-turn on scarf raichu and it allows me to switch into golem without taking SR + SE stone edge
it isn't weak to rock, but carracosta and golem can 2hko it, so i don't see why this is a big deal since it can't switch into them and the other defoggers . it's also ohkoed by lo raichu, which is a much better and more common set. the only thing lumineon has that other defoggers don't is both a water immunity and u-turn in the same slot, but this is such a tiny niche that isn't worth the huge loss in bulk, the lack of recovery, or the fact that it's a defogger that is so vunerable to spikes. i don't mean to derail this thread, but there really isn't much of any reason to use lumineon in PU when we have Mantine, Pelipper, Swanna, and Prinplup.

edit @ below: yes and pelipper also fits that niche while being much better in general

Last edited:

Ares

it isn't weak to rock, but carracosta and golem can 2hko it, so i don't see why this is a big deal since it can't switch into them and the other defoggers . it's also ohkoed by lo raichu, which is a much better and more common set. the only thing lumineon has that other defoggers don't is both a water immunity and u-turn in the same slot, but this is such a tiny niche that isn't worth the huge loss in bulk, the lack of recovery, or the fact that it's a defogger that is so vunerable to spikes. i don't mean to derail this thread, but there really isn't much of any reason to use lumineon in PU when we have Mantine, Pelipper, Swanna, and Prinplup.
The only one that would fit the niche trying to be filled is Pelipper, I'll leave it up to Bippy to see if he wants to switch it out for a similar set on Pelipper otherwise Lumineon isn't a terrible Pokemon. Its pretty decent and fits in pretty well on the team.

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

edit @ below: yes and pelipper also fits that niche while being much better in general
252+ Atk Golem Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Lumineon: 145-172 (42.3 - 50.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Golem Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 246-290 (76.1 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Golem Rock Blast (4 hits) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 248-296 (76.7 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Lumineon: 222-264 (64.9 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 248-294 (76.7 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Raichu Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Lumineon: 260-308 (76 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Raichu Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Lumineon: 204-240 (59.6 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Raichu Volt Switch vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pelipper: 472-564 (146.1 - 174.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Zebstrika Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Lumineon: 242-288 (70.7 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Zebstrika Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pelipper: 568-672 (175.8 - 208%) -- guaranteed OHKO

These are the calcs that I had in mind when choosing Lumineon. It can switch into Golem and Marowak after rocks to scald/defog/u-turn and also is faster than Golem and Marowak, something which Pelipper cannot do without sacrificing a large amount of defensive investment. The ability to potentially U-turn out on a scarf raichu or Zebstrika (and I'm seeing a lot of scarf raichu whether or not LO is better) and still save Lumineon for death fodder is very useful. I don't want a mon that keeps roosting and walling opponents consistently, I want to remove hazards while still keeping up volt/turn pressure, which Pelipper doesn't do against three of the most common mons in the tier. Pelipper is good, but on balance, not fast paced offensive teams, and tailwind has actually seen decent use on Lumineon as well, giving it another advantage over Pelipper.

MZ

I just noticed that my Poliwrath is inexplicably missing 4 hp EVs, it ought to be 180, not 176. #504EVsnewmeta

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Decided to give my input on a possible PU Stall Team

This stall team was mainly built around Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes wearing down the oppsing team while using their solid synergy to wear down the opponent. Poliwrath and its ability to deal with common physical attackers like Barbaracle, Carracosta, and Sneasel while being able to phaze them out with Circle Throw. Camerupt sets up Stealth Rock and provides good synergy with Poliwrath as its immune to Electric, resists Fairy, and handles Grass-types like Gourgeist and Tangela that Poliwrath have trouble with. Camerupt runs Earthquake over Earth Power as it does more damage to common Flash Fire switch-ins like Flareon and Ninetales while also providing phazing support with Roar. Roselia sets up Toxic Spikes while also absorbing Toxic Spikes on its side while dealing with Camerupt's Water and Ground weakness. (was tempted to use Garbordor for this, but decided to give Roselia a fair shake.) Avalugg clears hazards with Rapid Spin as its the best spinner in the tier while also phazing opponents with Roar. Lickilicky provides Wish and Heal Bell support which is key for any stall team while also providing utility with Knock Off. Misdreavus completes the team as it adds a solid spinblocker to the team while crippling physical attackers with Will-O-Wisp and having Taunt to stop slower pokemon from setting up their own hazards or using Defog to clear the hazards already on the field. The speed EVS on Misdreavus allows it to outspeed Adamant max speed Barbaracle and either Taunt it before it Shell Smashes or to cripple it with Will-O-Wisp with the rest of the EVS going into HP and Defense to maximize its bulk. Overall the team is a bit Psychic weak as nothing on this team resists Psychic, but the team's overall bulk and synergy makes up for it.

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Circle Throw

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Roar
- Rapid Spin
- Avalanche

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Knock Off

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball

Ares

I'm restricting people from posting any ORAS teams as the meta is quite unstable and needs to settle before one can be posted. I moved all of the XY sample teams down a post and if you wish to post one you still can, just specify it as such.

252+ Atk Golem Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Lumineon: 145-172 (42.3 - 50.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Golem Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 246-290 (76.1 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Golem Rock Blast (4 hits) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 248-296 (76.7 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Lumineon: 222-264 (64.9 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 248-294 (76.7 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Raichu Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Lumineon: 260-308 (76 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Raichu Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Lumineon: 204-240 (59.6 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Raichu Volt Switch vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pelipper: 472-564 (146.1 - 174.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Zebstrika Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Lumineon: 242-288 (70.7 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Zebstrika Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pelipper: 568-672 (175.8 - 208%) -- guaranteed OHKO

These are the calcs that I had in mind when choosing Lumineon. It can switch into Golem and Marowak after rocks to scald/defog/u-turn and also is faster than Golem and Marowak, something which Pelipper cannot do without sacrificing a large amount of defensive investment. The ability to potentially U-turn out on a scarf raichu or Zebstrika (and I'm seeing a lot of scarf raichu whether or not LO is better) and still save Lumineon for death fodder is very useful. I don't want a mon that keeps roosting and walling opponents consistently, I want to remove hazards while still keeping up volt/turn pressure, which Pelipper doesn't do against three of the most common mons in the tier. Pelipper is good, but on balance, not fast paced offensive teams, and tailwind has actually seen decent use on Lumineon as well, giving it another advantage over Pelipper.
except pelipper can run enough evs to outspeed adamant 45s and still be bulkier than lumineon?

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Rock Climb vs. 248 HP / 164+ Def Pelipper: 161-191 (49.8 - 59.1%) -- 76.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Rock Climb vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Lumineon: 177-211 (51.7 - 61.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

even if it wasn't bulkier, it still has much more survivability thanks to roost, and isn't worn down stupidly easily by tspikes like lumineon is. also scarf raichu and zebstrika aren't good sets, regardless of how "common" they are, and they almost OHKO you anyway, so this is only useful if you're at full health, and even then you can't switch in on anything later in the game anyway, making it a terrible tradeoff for all of the things that pelipper beats that lumineon doesn't. also i don't see how lumineon could possibly be useful on fast paced offensive teams when swanna exists and it's just so absurdly weak: 0 SpA Lumineon Scald vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Bouffalant: 67-79 (17.9 - 21.1%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery

i'm sorry, but i still see absolutely no reason to ever consider lumineon over the plethora of other defoggers in the tier.

also Montsegur my sun team is not only viable in oras but it's actually better than in xy because carbink can run magic coat now, so you should put it in the oras teams section imo, at least after we ban the megas (also pls change the name to Good Day Sunshine, which is its actual name @_@)

MZ

except pelipper can run enough evs to outspeed adamant 45s and still be bulkier than lumineon?

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Rock Climb vs. 248 HP / 164+ Def Pelipper: 161-191 (49.8 - 59.1%) -- 76.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Rock Climb vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Lumineon: 177-211 (51.7 - 61.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

even if it wasn't bulkier, it still has much more survivability thanks to roost, and isn't worn down stupidly easily by tspikes like lumineon is. also scarf raichu and zebstrika aren't good sets, regardless of how "common" they are, and they almost OHKO you anyway, so this is only useful if you're at full health, and even then you can't switch in on anything later in the game anyway, making it a terrible tradeoff for all of the things that pelipper beats that lumineon doesn't. also i don't see how lumineon could possibly be useful on fast paced offensive teams when swanna exists and it's just so absurdly weak: 0 SpA Lumineon Scald vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Bouffalant: 67-79 (17.9 - 21.1%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery

i'm sorry, but i still see absolutely no reason to ever consider lumineon over the plethora of other defoggers in the tier.

also Montsegur my sun team is not only viable in oras but it's actually better than in xy because carbink can run magic coat now, so you should put it in the oras teams section imo, at least after we ban the megas (also pls change the name to Good Day Sunshine, which is its actual name @_@)
I get that you dislike Lumineon, but ignoring my arguments for using it won't end this debate any faster. Whether or not scarf raichu or zebstrika are good sets is irrelevant, they're common and that's what matters. An uninvested Pelipper doesn't hit very hard, so that argument doesn't just apply to Lumineon. Lumineon can switch into Marowak and Golem after rocks, Pelipper can't. However, your biggest argument for Pelipper seems to be survivability. If you understand that Pelipper limits the team to being more defensive in the CCAT, why don't you understand here? Lumineon doesn't need to live a lot of hits, it needs to keep rocks off of the field which typically means one defog per match, and it usually gets to defog on something like Avalugg that can't touch it anyway. Pelipper having roost and extra bulk is meaningless, Lumineon has enough bulk to do exactly what I need it to do. I don't care that Pelipper beats things that Lumineon doesn't, this isn't a stall or balance team. The only defoggers with U-turn to keep momentum are Pelipper, Lumineon, and Vibrava. Vibrava is shit and Pelipper doesn't switch into Golem after rocks. That was my entire basis for choosing Lumineon. At the very least, just be smugly content in the fact that I'm running an "inferior choice" rather than continuing to critique the team.

listen, I get that you have a bit of a lumineon fetish, and no one's stopping you from using it, but please stop dismissing actual arguments with things like "they're common so it doesn't matter if they aren't good" and "omg lumineon only dies from electric attacks when hazards are on the field and pelipper dies without hazards" yeah even assuming like one spike why in the fuck would you want to try and defog on something that takes like 85% from you, kills you next turn, and has a teammate setup hazards again later I mean ffs it's a damn defogger of course it'll be taking hazard damage when it comes in. saying pelipper's roost and bulk is meaningless cause only one defog is necessary per game is ridiculous because sacrificing yourself to defog means nothing with hazard setters still alive it becomes a 5-6 game for nothing.

MZ

1. With enough bulk to outspeed base 45's, Pelipper is barely bulkier than Lumineon, and with rocks up it's far less bulky, which is why I went with lumineon in the first place
2. What I mean by saying that it doesn't matter whether they're good or not is that they're so common you might as well prepare for them. I can't just ignore something with usage that high
3. I normally don't defog on electric types, I was just listing another advantage
4. The whole point of the team is to apply offensive pressure, rocks rarely go up once, let alone twice, and Lumineon's entire purpose is to get rid of rocks. I would rather get rid of rocks than keep Lumineon, it's well worth the potential 6-5
5. This is sample teams, not RMTs. If you can prove to me that Pelipper is better, I'll change it. I have no love for Lumineon and would get rid of it if there were any better options, but there aren't. The fact is it's better, and it's not like the team hasn't been getting solid results. Either take the team down, force the team to use a lackluster mon just because more experienced people say so, or just stop already.

Ares

Enough discussion about Lumineon vs. Pelipper, both sides pls stop derailing the sample teams thread.

Edit @ below: you've really said everything already and it was there for 2 weeks with nothing being said about it. Now its just arguing over the same exact thing over and over again, and its my call to keep the thread on track.

Last edited:
That isn't really your call; a use of the thread is to discuss the teams as well.

I'll stop of course, but you're still being a bit frustrating (the point of the team is to apply offensive pressure; thus, I will use the most passive hazard remover in the tier). Have you considered an offensive hazard remover in its spot then?

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wanted to post this team a while ago but quite frankly was too lazy. I made a RMT and I'm pretty known for using it now since my other teams got deleted and I rare team build.

Before you come onto me saying their are ways this team can be improved, please test it out first and I'm sure you'll find some interesting results. This team merely started as a joke but I noticed good synergy being formed between Pokemon and decided to expand from their. Piloswine is your lead in most situations and helps get threaten out multiple other leads such as Bastiodon, Stunfisk, and Garbodor. Pelipper is built on taking physical hits and is a great hazard remover for the team. Ninetales surprises opponents due to its specially defensive set rather than the usual Nasty Plot, enabling it to get up Substitute on the switches and cripple offensive physical attacking Pokemon such as Tauros with Will-O-Wisp. Sneasel is a great revenge killer and I've noticed in the tier that multiple threats don't appreciate Ice-type attacks such as Scyther, Serperior, Chatot, Roselia, and Tangela; I could go on but meh. The combination of Ice-type priority between Sneasel and Piloswine really helps dealing with them. Tangela is just amazing; also able to take physical hits and is great at hitting hard offensively while also putting Pokemon to sleep. The last Pokemon is Ursaring being able to perform a late game sweep with Quick Feet giving it the much needed Speed and if it has the opportunity/needs it, Swords Dance before proceeding to attack but most of the time Facade + Toxic is enough.

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
- Scald

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ninetales @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Pain Split
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Swords Dance
- Crunch

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Decided to try my hand again at making a ORAS PU Stall Team around Grumpig.

Grumpig is cool, fun, and I always wanted to use it. I always liked Grumpig, but i could never find the right role for it and to be honest I didn't expect much out of it. However, this team showed some solid synergy around two cores in PeliRupt and LickiPig, both of which gives me a very nice momentum, phaze based stall playing style that is pretty fun to try (even tho i'm not much of a stall player). Pelipper is one of the best defensive pokemon in the tier at the moment. It checks some top tier threats including Scyther, Poliwrath, and Tauros because of its massive bulk and unique typing. As a result, it becomes an effective defog user. Although it may seem counterproductive with my hazard stacking strategy, stall would rather not have hazards on either side than have hazards on both sides, so I needed a effective defog user, and as a result Pelipper was thrown on the team. I knew that if I was to make Grumpig more effective, I would need a way to get hazards up so that Whirlwind could be used to maximum efficiency, and as a result I chose one of the best, if not the best spiker in the entire tier, Garbodor. Garbodor supports Grumpig pretty well as it can handle physical attacks aimed at Grumpig while absorbing Toxic Spikes if need be, and Grumpig can use Heal Bell to rid Garbodor of annoying burns it happens to get. Lickilicky is basically one of those mandatory pokemon on stall at the moment. Being a Wish passer with Oblivious is a great thing as it can't be taunted letting it pass wishes more efficiently and easily to teammates. I like Lickilicky on this team, as Grumpig can carry Heal Bell, which allows Lickilicky to run both Knock Off and Dragon Tail, something very important to Lickilicky, as it allows it to consistently beat all setup sweepers bar Nasty Plot + Baton Pass Togetic, unlike normal Lickilicky. Grumpig is the only pokemon in the tier that can check Ice, Fire, and Fighting at the same time, and is able to take advantage of amazing utility moves such as Heal Bell and Whirlwind, making it a surprisingly useful member of this stall team, especially being able to phaze special attacking teams to no end. Camerupt is awesome especially with it getting a mega. It beats every Fire and Electric type in the tier, and has amazing synergy alongside Pelipper, having great bulk, getting alright matchups, while having good bulk, and an amazing movepool in Fire Blast, Earth Power, and HP Electric to handle Pelipper, Swanna, Mantine, and other Water-types. It really is just a solid pokemon to help me set up Stealth Rock reliably as nothing can switch in safely with its offensive capabilities, and rounds off a lot of the edges the team has. Lastly, I added Gourgeist-Small to the team to act as a spinblocker and a reliable physical wall in general with Will-o-wisp to cripple physical attackers, Leech Seed for added recovery alongside Leftovers, Protect for scouting and to rack up burn or poison damage while gaining back some health, and Seed Bomb for a reliable STAB attack, although Rock Slide can be used instead for Fire-types that can switch into Will-o-wisp or Seed Bomb very easily.

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Psychic

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Scald
- Air Slash

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Dragon Tail

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Haze

Gourgeist-Small @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 152 HP / 104 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Seed Bomb

Last edited:
i've been giving this team out to a bunch of frens, and it won't be legal for much longer so i might as well post it here.

garbodor golem simipour rotom-f throh ninetales

this is a pretty standard offense team from the garbodor meta, but with a couple of moderately underrated threats. the first of these is weakness policy golem. it isn't that underrated, but it is so much better than i thought it would be. being able to set up sr and also "set up" at the same time is fantastic, and golem takes a lot more super effective attacks than you would think it would. getting up pretty much guaranteed rocks and denting stuff with +2 sucker is really good for an offensive team in this meta. the other one of these threats is simipour, which again isn't that underrated but it's really low in the usage stats for some reason. anyway, simipour is a fantastic pokemon in this metagame as it is easily able to get into torrent / salac range and demolish everything with hydro pump while outspeeding common revenge killers such as scarf rotom-f, adamant scarf tauros, and scarf haunter. it isn't a slouch against defensive teams either, as +2 torrent boosted hydro hits ridiculously hard. its only real downside is the ubiquity of poliwrath, but other than that it's fantastic in this meta. the rest of my team is pretty standard, with standard garbodor, ninetales, and scarf rotom being very potent threats. finally, throh is a fantastic glue mon as it is one of the best checks to sneasel and also being a great status absorber and kecleon check. taunt + toxic may seem weird to those unfamiliar with it, but these two moves let throh cripple its usual switchins, particularly garbodor and pelipper, as both of them can set up spikes / defog respectively against this team quite easily otherwise, but if you taunt them on the switch then you are in a favorable position. this team is pretty weak to fast threats, particularly kadabra, tauros (lol what team isn't weak to tauros), scarf haunter, etc, but otherwise it's a pretty solid team that i recommend trying out before garbodor's inevitable departure from PU.

Golem @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

Simipour (F) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Throh @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Def / 32 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Storm Throw
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Toxic

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ninetales (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball

Garbodor (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Ares

Added in mag's team, others may post their sample teams if they wish.

Also nice rotom sprite noob

Edit @ below: I'm not putting that in, make it shorter, Ill accept ggsrtn

Last edited:
Added in mag's team, others may post their sample teams if they wish.

Also nice rotom sprite noob
there weren't any animated rotom-f ones, and the non-animated images kept breaking ;_;

also the name of the team is "garbodor golem simipour rotom-f throh ninetales", pls update the op accordingly

Made a pretty balanced team for sample teams. :p

Ok so I made this team and it was so successful that I went from the bottom of the ladder to #7 in one night. The team is based on getting up rocks with Barbaracle and keeping them up with the use of Taunt and by keeping offensive pressure with the common volt-turn core of Raichu and Scyther. Since Barbaracle and Misdreavus both carry taunt, it is easy to taunt on bulky Ghost types then hard switch into Bouffalant, allowing a free Substitute and usually a Swords Dance. Once you've severely weakened your opponent's team with Raichu and Scyther, Bouffalant and Misdreavus are usually able to cleanly sweep. Enjoy the team. :]

Barbara (Barbaracle) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Razor Shell
- Taunt

Afro SMASH (Bouffalant) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake

Nitro (Scyther) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

TheCritMagnet (Raichu) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Berg (Avalugg) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Avalanche
- Toxic
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

churros (Misdreavus) @ Eviolite
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Taunt

Last edited:

Ares

Added in Dundies team to the ORAS team section, looking for all types of teams :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)