PU PU Seasonal Playoffs: Finals (Won by Dundies)

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Welcome to finals the PU Seasonal playoffs! The top 16 players on the leaderboard have enter a seeded playoffs and only two remain, where the winner of the tournament will become the PU champion! There may also be other prizes in store, which are still being discussed.

Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard ORAS PU tournament.
  • This tournament will be a single elimination tournament.
  • All rounds will be best of three.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, regardless of whether you confirm that your opponent won, your series will be coinflipped unless you can provide replays. We will not disqualify both players, but we will coinflip the series, not because we don't believe that you played, but because the replay rule ensures everyone is on an even playing field, as stated.
  • PU is a usage based tier. Essentially you can use anything that is not in a higher tier; NU effectively serves as the PU banlist. However, there are several Pokemon and one move banned from PU which are not in NU or a higher tier; aka BL4. This consists of Carracosta, Exeggutor, Linoone, Throh, Vigoroth, Victreebel, Machoke, and the move Chatter.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
Playoff Bracket:

1. Dundies vs 7. The50mph

Deadline:

No deadline, but don't john for too long. Knowing Dundies, that won't be an issue.
General Tournament Rules:

• Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Resources:

Last edited:

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Serinuma Kae is a second-year high schooler, and is an avid fujoshi who secretly ships her classmates, Igarashi-kun and Nanashima-kun. The death of her favorite anime character causes her to become stressed--and loses weight rapidly. Now that Serinuma has became an attractive girl to her classmates, her snarky kouhai Shinomiya-kun, and her senpai Mutsumi, how is she going to deal with them...with her constant BL-filled, fujoshi mind?!

Lost to Dundies, GG's

Shit man, what a ride. I met so many fantastic people here on Smogon for winning those two back to back seasonals, which I couldn't be more happy about. It opened a couple of doors for me, so I appreciate all the wins and losses I take. SO to everyone, and I mean everyone, who supported me throughout all this seasonal stuff. I'm looking forward to winning this thing in Gen 7 PU :]

edit: Don't want to seem ungrateful, so here we go
Thueris Lcans Rodriblutar Gondra AnimeroDaniel obii Akir Znain TONE Dominatio PokemonmasterTj , my teamates from the Krusty Krabs, and the people from the Pandora server. <3

Last edited:
won vs the50mph in two, GG.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-487740913
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-487745847

overall a pretty good series, had a really fun time g1 and i feel like i played it pretty well, weakening stout early to make sure i didn't lose to it. g2 was kinda gross lol, just quag stall being quag stall.

The50mph you have nothing to be ashamed of dude. you didn't even play in the first two seasonals, then went on to win the next two and make it all the way to finals. pretty crazy stuff. stick with this tier and you'll be amazing at it.

shoutouts to TONE, Anty, Magnemite, and trc for hosting all of the seasonal circuit tours and keeping this thing running smoothly.

shoutouts to everyone that tested with me at any time during any seasonal (a lot of people): 2xTheTap, Akir, Anty, galbia, Grim, Haund, MaroGod, Megazard, ShuckleDeath, Slowbroth, TONE, Acast, amber lamps, Anonymous Man, GeneralAnnoyance, Kaboom, pancake, RawMelon, 5gen, cryalot, Dibs The Dreamer, False., HJAD, ManOfMany, Optical Real, PTF, Teddeh, Terrakion. ; i bother the shit out of all of you for test games all the time and you guys put up with it for the most part, and i thank you.

shoutouts to Leru (◕‿◕✿) for being really cool and lending me an AMAZING team for g3. shoutouts to Haund aka Hound. hi. shoutouts to Pak, one day i'll bench more than you bud. shoutouts to gasquakee the OG aka muckduck (weewy tho). Tect dab. shoutouts to old friend Sir Kay.

i really hope i didn't forget anybody, but if i did, shoutouts to all the people that have made this website worth staying around this long for. you're pretty cool for some nerds just playing pokemon on the internet.

[17:04] +HJAD: dundies always wins in the end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)