1. The moderators of this forum are Anty, galbia, and Megazard.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Resource PU Simple Question, Simple Answers Thread

Discussion in 'PU' started by Anty, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Liquidocelot

Liquidocelot

I mean I guess it gets Z-mirror move for +2 att which is something but theres so many better options for a Z-move.
  2. Twix

Twix chill out
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Even with Z mirror move Zebstrika does not have an effective enough physical movepool. A better physical Electric-type is Electivire.
    Aaronboyer likes this.
  3. Liquidocelot

Liquidocelot

Waa talking about Toucannon not Zeb...
  4. Twix

Twix chill out

I apologize I must have misread. Either way, the only passable Z Mirror Move user I have seen has been Murkrow, since it gets priority on it through Prankster, better Speed, Dark-type STAB, and Sucker Punch.
    BPGXMG likes this.
  5. Liquidocelot

Liquidocelot

Yeah I agree, I was just suggesting it as what kinda set Tucannon could run but I wasn't actually to serious.
  6. KnightK

KnightK

Why are the pokemon that were banned 2 4 days ago still usable on the ladder?
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  7. Twix

Twix chill out

The ladder hasn't been updated with the bans yet, you should expect it really soon whenever server admins get around to it.
    KnightK likes this.
  8. Yung Dramps

Yung Dramps

How do you guys feel the three S rank mons from ORAS PU (Rotom-F, Muk and Stoutland) stack up in today's meta?
  9. TJ

TJ :thinking:
    is a Tiering Contributor

Ironically, they arent as good anymore. Rotom-F for example struggles vs things like Lanturn and Piloswine which are super relevant. I dont think the meta favors Muk at all. It's too passive and setup is rather difficult. On top of that, the addition of new Ground and Steel-types such as Piloswine, Quagsire, Palossand, Mudsdale, Feroseed and Probopass(Not new but still) doesn't help it's case. Stoutland is the only mon in my opinion, that has merit because its one of the few Normal-Types that can actually beat Sabelye, and it has good wallbreaking prowess in general.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  10. Twix

Twix chill out

I'll go through each Pokemon individually:

Rotom-F: Rotom-F is still solid, however it faces much less usage in the tier for several reasons. First, the large presence of Fighting- and Fire-types in the tier make it difficult for it to thrive in the metagame. In particular, Piloswine, Lanturn, Hariyama and AV Magmortar can switch into its Ice-type STAB pretty easily. Additionally, it faces competition from both Ice-types, such as Jynx and Vanilluxe, as well as by Electric-types such as Oricorio-Pom Pom and Electivire.

Muk: Muk has really fallen from favor in the new metagame, especially with new Poison-types such as Skuntank being extremely prevalant. It did see some usage as a Vivillon answer, however since Vivillon has been banned it's lost its main usage. As TJ mentioned as well, it's tough to deal with the Ground- and Steel-types in the tier.

Stoutland: Stoutland, while still being good, isn't really up to par with its usage in ORAS. For starters, the introduction of new Normal-types such as Kangaskhan and the reintroduction of Tauros give it competition for its role, although it does have a better matchup against Sableye. In addition, Sand usage seems to be pretty lackluster, although it could see some more usage, especially with Sandslash, Alolan Dugtrio, and Lycanroc.
  11. Fannyfan

Fannyfan

What's the best guts Hariyama set rn?
  12. ChrystalFalchion

ChrystalFalchion
    is a Pre-Contributor

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Knock Off
    - Facade
    - Fake Out / Heavy Slam / Bullet Punch

Close Combat is the main STAB, Knock Off hits Dark and Psychic types, Facade is just a strong attack in general, Fake Out guarantees the Flame Orb will activate while Heavy Slam lets you 2HKO Sableye and Togetic. Bullet Punch can be used if you need priority, but I find it too weak personally. You could run more bulk and less Speed, but I find the extra speed more useful. You can put pretty much anything you want in the final slot.
  13. Megazard

Megazard Practically Useless
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

Highly disagree here, Knock Off is actually not Yama's best coverage move. I was pretty skeptical at first too, but Anty turned me onto the CC/Facade/Heavy Slam/Bullet Punch set which just has way better neutral coverage because Facade and Heavy Slam already 1-2hko pretty much all the Ghost and Psychic types (only weaker vs SuperGeist which is still gonna wall you). Either way I'd definitely go for Bullet Punch over Fake Out here as well, Fake Out is only good when it's AV dual priority because you essentially get 80BP priority but on a Guts set stalling turns really only cripples yourself more.
  14. LzzzR

LzzzR

Is running max speed on a Modest Guzzlord viable?
  15. iRebel

iRebel

Max speed on modest Guzzlord is viable because there isn't much to creep in the speed tier. Without max speed you risk the tie with adamant crabominable. You also get to creep stuff like max speed Carracosta and neutral Camerupt two mons who have been seeing a rise in usage as of late. Outpacing zero speed base 70's such as Poliwrath and the rare Vibrava is neat as well.
    LzzzR and Earlio like this.
  16. Earlio

Earlio

As the guy that (probably) gave you the idea, I prefer max speed investment for the surprise factor and better late-game cleaning potential. It's probably a better idea to just creep Granbull or whatever and dump the rest into SpDef, however. (I assume this is for the Specs set cuz AssVest is, well, ass).

E: Sniped
    LzzzR likes this.
  17. LzzzR

LzzzR

As a matter of fact it was your post that made me even think about this.
    Earlio likes this.
  18. Iloveweather

Iloveweather

Is Specially Defensive Thick-Fat Miltank + Standard Weezing + Stallbreaker Misdreavus a good core?
    Connor2000 likes this.
  19. TJ

is a Tiering Contributor

no, not really. What does that core accomplish?
  20. RawMelon

RawMelon

I assume rocks, tspikes, and a spinblocker with types that synergize with each other kinda. Weezing as a physical check, miltank as a special one. Seems decent enough to me honestly, but I haven't tried it personally.
  21. TJ

is a Tiering Contributor

Sabelye would be better here tho
  22. RawMelon

RawMelon

Depends on where you wanna go with the team. And I was just stating what I thought was the purpose of the core.
    Don't make me build with it and bop you
    Aaronboyer, Many, galbia and 8 others like this.
  23. JuanchoTacorta

JuanchoTacorta

Who is a better steel trapper, Probopass or Alolan-Golem?
  24. TJ

is a Tiering Contributor

Probopass is more consistent. Alola-Golem is kinda weak even with Z-Fire Blast
    Melons-N-Soda likes this.
  25. Joe Career

Joe Career

Is Type:Null minimally good or is it completely out-shined by its evolution?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)