1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

PU Speed CCAT [Finished! See post #91]

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by Keiran, Apr 6, 2013.

1. BlankZero

BlankZero

Renomninating my Lairon set as listed above, seeing as we still have no Hazards or Phazing on the team.

2. Agent Gibbs

Agent Gibbs

Relicanth was just voted onto the team, and it already has Stealth Rock, Head Smash + Rock Head, Rock typing, etc. There's really not much else that Lairon would offer.

Right now we have no Rock or Electric resistance, and so I think that's a major concern we should try to address. As has been mentioned before, we also have Rotom-F to worry about. I'm not sure there's one great way to fix this at this point, but I think one possible solution would be to run a bulky Throh.

[​IMG]
    Throh @ Leftovers
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature
    -Bulk Up
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Circle Throw

This gives the team the phazing that BlankZero is concerned about, a sturdy Rock resistance, and it's bulky enough to take a few hits from special Electric-type Pokemon (Scarf Rotom-F's Blizzard only 4HKOs). I'm not a huge fan of RestTalk in 5th Gen, but Throh is going to need the healing if it's going to be taking hits for the team. Plus, RestTalk is pretty neat alongside Guts. Circle Throw phazing also helps alleviate problems with Pokemon trying to set up on Throh, which I suppose makes RestTalk a little easier to work with. Not to mention that if you can wear down opposing teams with Circle Throw and Stealth Rock, it makes Combusken's sweep that much easier.
  3. Audiosurfer

Audiosurfer have one on me
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnus

Blankzero, not quite sure what you're talking about since we have Relicanth on the team to set up Stealth Rock. Although we don't have phazing we have enough offensive pressure that it's not needed since things will likely have difficulty setting up.

Well, right now we're fairly weak to Electric types, particularly Rotom-F since with its STAB moves it can deal large amounts of damage to the majority of our team. Also, we're in need of a Choice Scarfed pokemon to revenge kill anything that might manage to set up. For these reasons, I'll nominate Rotom-F:

[​IMG]
    Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SpAtk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Volt Switch
    - Trick

With this, we have a nice switchin to Electric type moves and something that resists opposing Rotom-F's moves. Also, it gives us a reliable revenge killer that can also double as an additional late game sweeper. Hidden Power [Ice] is used over Blizzard due to the accuracy issues in using Blizzard which isn't desirable in a revenge killer. Volt Switch can also give the team more offensive momentum and provide an opportunity for one of the sweepers of the team to set up and begin their sweep.
  4. BlankZero

BlankZero

My mistake. Missed that the Relicanth set had SR on it. Carry on.
  5. WhiteDMist

WhiteDMist PU! We don't stink though!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus

Well so far there haven't been too many nominations for the last member of our CCAT team. So I will end this in 24 hours so that any stragglers can get a chance to post before voting begins. Since PU is the OM Metagame of the Month, there is a ladder for it on Pokemon Showdown! which I highly encourage everyone to play. When the votes are in, that is also where we will be playtesting this team. Let's make the most of this month guys!
  6. Nozzle

Nozzle

One HUGE threat to this team is Rapidash. It's Sunny Day set especcialy since it allows it to bypass Relicanth with Solarbeam. Not to mention that other fast fire mons like Simisear beat half of the team with ease. And this team has very little ways around Rock Polish/Agility users like Kingler. I want to patch this up with:

[​IMG]
    Shelgon @ Eviolite
    Trait: Overcoat
    252 HP / 20 Atk / 236 Def
    Impish Nature
    ~Outrage
    ~Dragon Dance
    ~Rest
    ~Sleep Talk

With it's useful resistances it walls FWG/Weather sweepers very well and gives us another status absorber. It sets up against walls that don't have Taunt which helps us to force things out for free turns. It also pairs very well with Combusken since the chick hits Steel and Ice for SE STAB damage with all his attacks and Shelgon can absorb Thunder Wave's and Toxic's which Combusken wouldn't like at all.
  7. Keiran

Keiran

Nozzle's Shelgon
    Audiosurfer's Rotom-F
    Agent Gibbs' Throh
    BlankZero's Lairon
  8. Agent Gibbs

Agent Gibbs

9. Arcticblast

Arcticblast LOL STAFF FAG
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

10. Mylo Xyloto

Mylo Xyloto

11. The Reptile

The Reptile mfw
    is a Pre-Contributor

12. Nozzle

Nozzle

13. TerrickTerran

TerrickTerran

14. JoshuaMunoz

JoshuaMunoz

15. Kenny

Kenny don't expect me

Shelgon
  16. Keiran

Keiran

Combusken @ Life Orb
    Trait: Speed Boost
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Modest Nature
    - Substitute
    - Protect
    - Fire Blast
    - Focus Blast

Sneasel @ Choice Band
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Pursuit
    - Ice Shard
    - Ice Punch/Punishment
    - Low Kick

Duosion @ Eviolite
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Signal Beam
    - Recover

Relicanth @ Leftovers
    Trait: Rock Head
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature
    -Stealth Rock
    -Head Smash
    -Toxic
    -Waterfall

Jumpluff @ Flying Gem
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    -Swords Dance
    -Acrobatics
    -Sleep Powder
    -Seed Bomb

Shelgon @ Eviolite
    Trait: Overcoat
    EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 236 Def
    Impish Nature
    ~Outrage
    ~Dragon Dance
    ~Rest
    ~Sleep Talk

thanks for participating; i know i haven't been a good host
  17. Nozzle

Nozzle

I havr actually played a rough 20 matches or so already and Combusken, Sneasel and Jumpluff were mostly my MVP's while Relicanth and Shelgon were occasionaly very helpful. I haven't had any use out of Duosion so far but I honestly do not know how to use it.
  18. Leafshield

Leafshield

So, are we going to be doing another one of these soon? With PU being OM of the Month, we could get a lot more input as far as suggested Pokémon and voting. Great work, guys. This team actually looks great, I may have to try it out :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)