PU Team Building Competition [Week 1 - Mawile]

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Approved by galbia

Hello and welcome to the third edition of the PU Teambuilding Competition! The goal of this project is to observe and better understand how experienced PU players go about building their teams around a particular core. It's also a great way to improve and refine your own teambuilding skills, or just simply learn how others do it! Anyone is free to participate and I encourage as much discussion as possible; however, I'd like to point out that you do not have to post a team to contribute to this thread. Feedback is allowed and actually preferred in this thread, so if you have comments or concerns about someone's team, don't be afraid to post it! The process is as follows:

Each round, I will choose a core of two Pokemon (or only one Pokemon sometimes). It is then up to you to build a team around it, designing sets, teammates, roles, and everything in between. Identifying weaknesses, strategies, and so forth are key parts of teambuilding and I'm quite interested to see how that carries through in this thread. I also hope to emphasize a lot of creativity with this as well—new gems and underrated Pokemon and cores are popping up all the time, and hopefully this thread can bring about a lot of new discoveries about the metagame! After the submission period is over (which will be after around give or take a week) I will announce the voting period, where you will get a couple of days to vote on what you think is the best team. By the end of the voting period, the votes will be tallied and team with the most votes will be archived in the Hall of Fame I will be posting below, and the process will start again with a new core.

Some rules I'm expecting people to follow:
  • Make the post presentable. Fancy cute sprites are encouraged so long as they aren't as wide as Kim Kardashian's ass, but be sure to provide a link for other users so that they may use them in the future.
  • Make sure you have a paragraph describing how your team functions and how it supports the core. If I wanted to look at a pastebin of some mediocre team, I would go to the RMT forum and hunt for the locked threads made by users with such pristine names like Pikachu77.
  • Don't insult users if their teams aren't up to standard, feel free to question why people are running certain things or suggest changes that will make the team better. In fact, I highly encourage discussion but don't be rude about it. Basically, just don't be a jackass.
  • Use hide tags when posting your team. Don't be that douchebag that makes everyone scroll down for an extra 5 seconds. No one likes that, and they won't like you afterwards.
  • Be creative! While there'll be no restrictions this time around, try to explore uncommon Pokemon if circumstances allow it. Channel your inner hipster.
  • You are allowed to edit your teams with testing and / or feedback from other people (i.e. you realize it sucks or gets 6-0ed by something), however be sure to make note of these edits in the original post (that means pastebin it you dodo). Once the voting period begins however, you cannot edit your teams anymore.
The Pokemon you are going to build around this week is...

Submissions are due July 3'rd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)