Project PU Teambuilding Competition (Musharna noms)

allstarapology

formerly drumstick

Oricorio Offense ft. VoltTurn

Oricorio-Sensu @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hurricane
- Revelation Dance

Exeggutor-Alola @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Leaf Storm
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Flamethrower

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Defog

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Sub-CM Z Hurricane Oricorio is my personal favorite of the main sets, and I decided to build around it for this team. The combination of Exeggutor-Alola, Primeape and Eelektross places immense pressure on Pokemon that annoy Oricorio due to being able to either safely tank hits or force it out due to status or super effective attacks like Regirock, Lanturn, Ferroseed, opposing Eelektross, opposing Oricorio-G, Archeops to a lesser extent (if a Sub is up, it can’t come in), specially defensive Carracosta or Type: Null. Furthermore, Primeape and Eelektross provide VoltTurn support for Oricorio, which makes it easier for it get in as safely as possible, and Eelektross removes Eviolites and Assault Vests, further supporting it by making some of its more common switch-ins less likely to want to come in. Skuntank removes hazards for the team, keeps Clefairy in check and is capable of picking off weakened threats and stopping Z Lovely Kiss Jynx with Sucker Punch, which is a major threat to this team. Finally, Mesprit sets up the Rocks, provides a slow U-Turn, and can give Oricorio a second chance to wallbreak with Healing Wish. Skuntank's sort of annoying for this team to deal with, but can be handled.

Last edited:

Eclipse

I've seen so much I'm going blind & I'm brain dead virtually
is a Contributor to Smogon

Mr. Mime @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

Oricorio-Sensu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 240 HP / 180 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Punch

Lanturn @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 88 SpD / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald

Built this when I started getting into this tier about a few weeks ago; wanted to base this team around NP Fight-Z Mime, which is a pretty neat mon for its ability to check annoying stuff in the meta such as Drampa. Metang was added as a good unconventional Rocks setter to check annoying mons such as Jynx and Archeops. Scarf Oricorio is here as my main revenge killer as well as a nice pivot to bring in any of my other teammates while also being a good spinblocker. Hitmonchan as my spinner to help me check numerous Rocks setters like Piloswine, Regirock, and Golurk. Specs Lanturn is a really fun set which helps soften up opposing defensive cores for Mime to take advantage of. Finally the mandatory Qwilfish to help set up Spikes, be annoying, yadda yadda. This is the first team I've ever built for this tier so it probably has some giant holes, but have mercy I'm learning the tier ;_;

I've tried both teams out and they were excellent. I will have to go with Drumstick because although the second team was fun to play with it was vulnerable to common mons like Arhceops. Otherwise, great job to both teams!

Musharna @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Psychic Terrain
- Healing Wish

Jynx @ Normalium Z
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Lovely Kiss
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam

Kadabra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Psychic Terrain

Skuntank @ Black Glasses
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Defog
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

First you seen Electric Terrain, now i'm back with Psychic Terrain! I didn't want to use a standard Musharna set so I was looking through its moves and thought a Psychic Terrain based team could be really cool. Jynx is a nice abuser as the most common ways to stop this set are through priority like Sucker Punch, Fake Out, Shadow Sneak, Bullet Punch and Accelerock. Kadabra is a secondary reliable setter than also abuses the Psychic Terrain pretty well, HP Fighting is so that I can hit random Steel-types like Probopass as well as Dark-types. Pursuit Skuntank seemed necessary to Pursuit trap opposing Psychic-types so that my abusers can spam their Psychic moves. Golurk is nice for role compression, being a rocker and a Normal immunity as well as a Electric check. Primeape was last because I still needed a Lilligant check and a scarfer, plus its also a Dark resist which is nice.

Last edited:

allstarapology

formerly drumstick

CM Musharna Bulky Offense

Originally, the Musharna set I was going to build around was the Stored Power + Barrier and CM set, but I opted for the CM + Dazzling Gleam set so that Pokemon like Sableye and Skuntank were less annoying. Even with this change, outs for Dark-types, as well as Steel-types, were necessary. Poliwrath, a Pokemon who I’ve been wanting to experiment more with, and Magmortar together ward off Dark- and Steel-types. Skuntank gets rid of hazards, which is good considering that Musharna despises being forced to use Moonlight when it would rather set up or attack. It also gives the team a Jynx check, which would otherwise be rather threatening, traps and removes opposing Psychic-types with Pursuit, and brings priority to the table, which is good considering how slow the team is outside of Magmortar. Eelektross is a good blanket check to many special wallbreakers that annoy Musharna like Abomasnow or Oricorio-G, removes Pokemon like Gastrodon and Ferroseed from the opposing side, and can get Musharna in with a slow Volt Switch. Finally, Ferroseed sets up Rocks and is able of taking neutral physical attacks from Pokemon like Kangaskhan for Musharna.

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Moonlight
- Psyshock

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe