Pumpkaboo-Super[QC: 0/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the overview might want to make the bullet points be + and - else it just looks like all your points are negatives of the poke. Also, confirming this analysis is just for Pumpkaboo-super, not any of the other formes?

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't agree with Seed Bomb being the best STAB Pumpkaboo has. Bullet Seed is invariably better, as multi-hit moves in LC tend to be more powerful than they appear due to funny damage rolls at Level 5. Plus it has the advantage of breaking Focus Sash and Sturdy.

-Bulkiest of all Pumpkaboo forms
-Slowest of all Pumpkaboo forms

You hit the exact same stats as
Pumpkaboo-Large
Ability: Pickup
Level: 5
EVs: 84 HP / 68 Atk / 196 Def / 160 SpD
Adamant Nature

Only difference between the two is that Pumkaboo-Super possibly takes less from heavy slam and takes 20 more BP from (almost never seen) grass knot .

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm going to agree with The Avalanches in adding a Trick Room set in here as the second main set; even though Trick Room is fairly niche, Pumpkaboo is, from what I understand, one of its premier setters.

Overview:
Mention being able to simultaneously wall and spinblock Drilbur, the most common Rapid Spinner. This is arguably the biggest reason to use Pumpkaboo, so put it near the top; other Ghost-types are hit hard by Earthquake, but Pumpkaboo's decent defenses and semi-unique typing allow otherwise.
As fitzy mentioned, the two points on how Pumpkaboo compares to other formes aren't really true; in addition, they're not very important in the first place because the other Pumpkaboo formes aren't hugely notable, so those two points could probably be removed.

Standard Super:
As The Avalanches mentioned, is there any reason you're running Seed Bomb over Bullet Seed? Bullet Seed crushes Sturdyjuice Tirtouga and deals more damage on average. I think Seed Bomb should be entirely replaced with Bullet Seed; don't forget to reflect this change in the Moves section.
I don't think the "Revenge-killer" and "Wall" points should really be left in under usage tips, because Pumpkaboo is neither a reliable revenge-killer or wall for the vast majority of the metagame, so this is misleading; I feel as if the tips themselves are really common sense.

Checks and Counters:
I don't think Litleo needs its own mention because it's not all that relevant.

I'm going to withhold QC until I have a look at your Trick Room set, but otherwise, this is well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)