Serious Punishments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I pretty sure some of you know me, and know that I have a reputation around here, and not a good one.

Now, yes, I've been banned 4 times. However, this does not necessarily reflect me, as a person, and I find that I'm not known as a particularly goo dplayer, or an avid contributor, but rather as a disruptor and an annoying prescence. When people meet me on forums, they just say, "oh, you were banned a lot, right?" They don't inquire about my prescence in several tiers, or ask me for help. They just focus on the bans.

Also, I cannot tell you how frusturating it is, seeing all those people you thought were your freinds just leave because you were banned. It's honestly very sad, and it is really discouraging. I can name 4 users right now that have done just that. It's a disgusting thing to do, and if you think it elevates you to a level higher than someone, fuck you. Just flat-out fuck you. In my eyes, if you have done this, you are a no-good narcissistic asshole who needs to re-evaluate why they think they're so high and elevated. Period. You know who you are.

Being banned is not fun, at all. People keep brining up that people who are banned "deserve" it, which may or may not be the case; however, just keep in mind of how bans affect people.

When I started on Smogon, I dreamed of joining tournaments, contributing, and becoming a famous player far and wide, just like anyone else. Instead, I got shunned, talked about behind my back, and insulted several times. I don't know if anyone didn't think this would be a byproduct, but it was. Yes, it may have been my fault, but essentially, (and you all know this is true), no matter how hard I work at getting better, none of those dreams I had will amount to anything, because I've already been painted as a shit user.

Also, the amount of bias is tangible. Everything I say is severely degraded, and this is also sad to me, as there are people wh opost worse posts than I do. I can kind of feel when someone just feels awkward talking to me, like I'm some sort of alien or something. It just adds to how bad it feels.

So, before you shittalk on someone, before you post that derrogatory comment, just think. 5 seconds is all it takes. Just think before you hoose to ignore. Before you choose to hop on the bandwagon, just think about how you're going to affect them., and how they'll feel.

Thank you for your time.

This isn't really a discussion topic, and the op doesn't really offer any healthy talking points either, let alone any that can be backed up by anything.

I'll say this: we've had moderators that were banned way more times than you. Focusing on yourself and not other people and letting time take its course is the best way to shed an early bad rep.

Also, problems with other users and moderators should be taken to them or someone appropriately higher status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)