Pupitar

Pupitar

[OVERVIEW]

· Pupitar has a Rock / Ground Typing, which has five resistances and an immunity to electric. The downside is its six weaknesses, with two of them being times four.

· Its solid defenses, in conjunction with Eviolite, make it very bulky and a great check to the common Normal-, Flying-, Fire-, and electric attackers.

· It also has good offensive presence with it decent attack stat that is backed up by its access to Curse, and Screech. It also helps it gets shed skin to ignore toxic stallers, and burn.

· Having its eviolite knocked off, like any othe eviolite pokemon, renders it nearly useless.

· Pupitar's lack of recovery outside Rest and it's weaknesses include two four times weaknesses ( Grads and water) make it have to switch out a lot against almost any pokemon with a grass or water attack keep it from being able to set up a lot of stat boosts.

· It also faces stiff competition from other Stealth Rock users such as Piloswine, Golem, and Stunfisk due to having less defence.

[SET]
name: Pupilite
move 1: Stealth Rock / Toxic / Screech
move 2:Curse
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Stone edge
item: Eviolite
ability: Shed Skin
nature: Impish
evs: 116 Atk / 150 Def / 252 Sp.Def

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

· Stealth Rock is important to damage foes on switch-in, ease sweep for another teammate, and break through Focus Sash and Sturdy users

· Earthquake provides great coverage, hitting Fire-, Electric-, and Steel-types such as Rapidash, Raichu, and Metang super effectively.

· Stone Edge, however, is a secondary STAB move that hits Flying and Ice pokemon.

·Toxic puts a timer on the foe

Set Details
========

·It's max Sp.Def EVs are needed because Pupitar learns no Sp.Def boosting moves, but he can learn Curse for his Def and Attack.

·Not many eviolite PU pokemon have as high as an attack stat as Pupitar, so with only 116 Attack invested EVs he can dish out a decent amount of damage, and after curse he can do tons with stab moves like Stone Edge and Earthquake.

Usage Tips
========

·How to use him depends upon if you chose Toxic, Screech, or Curse.

·If you chose Toxic than you've chosen to use him as a toxic stalker, and could replace one of his attacks with protect. If you don't want to use him as a toxic stalker, you could just use toxic to put sweepers (mainly set up sweepers) on a timer, to faint them before they sweep.

·If you choose Curse, then you will probably have to use Pupitar in late game, once you've removed all grass and water types. Once that's done, just use curse a few times, and attack.

·If you choose screech, than Pupitar can be a good support pokemon for faster sweepers with less attack. Or you could attack with Pupitar after just one screech, 1,2 or 3 shoting most pokemon.

Team Options
========

A Phisical Sweeper will go great with Screech Pupitar, and a wall would go good with the toxic Pupitar. But the curse Pupitar needs to stay in to keep the stat boost, so not much would help him, but maybe baton passing Sp.Def into him.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

You could run Iron defence, or Dragon dance on this, but Pupitar doesn't have much speed, and Iron defence doesn't touch his attack, so he will do hardly any damage. Curse, screech, and toxic are all ways to add to the damage you can do to the opponent.

Checks and Counters
===================

Grass and water types:

Most grass and water moves can 1 or 2 shot Pupitar with ease, most horrifying for Pupitar are giga drainers, who can just heal themselves off of him.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! Did you get permission for this? I don't see it in the PU analyses discussion thread either, and Pupitar is a pretty bad Pokemon with a mediocre niche at best. Plus this isn't in the correct format for analyses. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I suggest looking at other analyses in progress first to get an idea of what to do.

Welcome to Smogon! Did you get permission for this? I don't see it in the PU analyses discussion thread either, and Pupitar is a pretty bad Pokemon with a mediocre niche at best. Plus this isn't in the correct format for analyses. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I suggest looking at other analyses in progress first to get an idea of what to do.
Oh sorry. I'm new here. I usually just play VGC and Showdown, I just look at the Smogon XY pokedex for help sometimes and when looking at Pupitar I saw he had no sets and I like his evolution line so I there was a link to this. I didn't know how to do this so I just looked at another one and tried to format this like it.

Yeah, this wasn't approved and Pupitar isn't viable, so I'm going to have to lock this. If you want help getting into PU then the PU room on Showdown is a great place to start. Welcome to Smogon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)