PU PUPL - Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deej Dy

Verified Ladder Scurb 乁( ◔ ౪◔)ㄏ
If he uses Sleep Talk (and again, I'll be nice and just assume it calls a useful attack, and that he doesn't ever Sleep Talk on turns when Garb DOESN'T switch out, which would waste even more PP) and kills Detect Marowak's switch-ins, he will still waste PP, which eventually results in Throh Struggling before Garbodor does in your new hypothetical, in which case Garbodor STILL wins.
I understand where you are going with this, but using up 1 or 2 additional Sleep talk pp to kill Raichu or Sneasel at the expense of at least 3 or 4 pp worth of switches from Raichu and Sneasel favors Ben in the long run.

There is a greater opportunity cost of losing Raichu or Sneasel than using up 1 Sleep Talk PP.

Edit: To be fair I lean towards a rematch because I don't like how this went down and both sides are full of hypothetical. However, some unsportsmanlike conduct has also made this difficult to support as well.

Ladies,

How about this?

We say the result of that game was inconclusive and Detect Marowak + Ben Ohver have a rematch? I mean, their both prominent PU players so im sure they have a few teams lying around.
And besides, with both teams refusing to give in, it will be the least controversial solution (i hope)

uh no.

they're the team that disconnected so why do we have to concede to a rematch? We should have the right to take the win if we wish, and as Twix said earlier, he's taking the win.
but, as Bughouse proved comprehensively, they won the match? They could equally argue Detect Marowak should be awarded the win due to his superior position in the game. So, rather than go through this hassle of saying "who is more right", lets just take the least controversial route and let them play again.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Oh hi, another BW PU game where someone brought an illegal mon (Camerupt), but since it was the loser (yet again), it doesn't actually affect anything

Reactions: g

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
uh no.

they're the team that disconnected so why do we have to concede to a rematch? We should have the right to take the win if we wish, and as Twix said earlier, he's taking the win.
"We should have the right to take the win if we wish"

Well uh, that's a little problem, because you officially do not have the right to take the win at all. See this thread and in particular the following quote:

Disconnections and Timer Clause: In live tournaments with short time constraints such as the Smogon Tour, if a player disconnects or times out, the opponent may take the win. In other tournaments, if a player disconnects and contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.
If Detect can't get the win, he should at least be given the opportunity to get a rematch or, if possible, play the game out in the recreated situation. I would still vouch for a win for Detect because there were realistic scenarios in which he would win the battle no matter what his opponent did. At that point in the game, all he had to do was not lose his head, because Twix had no way to beat Detect if Detect didn't make a lot of suboptimal plays. If the fact that the odds were overwhelmingly in Detect's favour is not seen as enough of a reason to grant Detect the win, then the above rule ought to be taken into account and a rematch would be the most likely result.

Can someone on Stoutlands fetch me kingmidas pls i wanna fite and not get fuckt by activity

edit; he's been active and hasn't decided to respond >.> activity

Last edited:
Can someone on Stoutlands fetch me kingmidas pls i wanna fite and not get fuckt by activity

Already responded on my profile about the situation, soz I don't have teams on the phone I got like 5 hours ago. Either extension or coinflip imo.
Edit: There is a slim chance I can ger on today but with your timezone playing is gonna be an issue?

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion

You dont need to play we already won the week lol

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
lost to Mont, that was the absolute worst i've played in a while and i'll never do that again
sorry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)