Pure Hackmons (Gen V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In response to Toraen, seeing as my game revolves around hazards/sand I find these less of a pain then others probably do. If you Whirlwind them after a Curse they're usually less than 40-50% and with sufficient hazards up they die upon the next switch in. I also find if you can Trick a Choice item onto them it reduces their impact significantly.

It is a good set though. Have seen it destroy unprepared teams.
I've just tried it out on my own hazard/sand based team and did pretty well with it. I generally would not curse against something that I know can phaze though (especially if I'm sitting in hazards), and I also carry trick to pass on the flame orb and give myself some insurance against opposing trick/mess with balloons (although something as slow as a level 2 mon is not the best way to do that).

Hi! I'm new and I don't know how to search threads, so sorry if this has already been asked.
Does Multitype work in Hackmons on Pokémon other than Arceus?

Oh, and sorry if this doesn't belong here....

No, Multitype doesn't work on anyone else but Arceus, just like Forewarn works only on Castform.

EDIT: Yep, I meant Forecast, thanks.

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sup Hackmons players here's a set I found really interesting whilst I was experimenting with a team built entirely around residual damage.

Aerodactyl @ Leftovers
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Substitute
- Whirlwind
- Spore

Mold Breaker Spore on something that fast is very hard to deal with. The only thing that can reliably shut down this set is magic coat, which often people find redundant when magic bounce is available. I chose Aerodactyl for it's speed and the fact it takes no damage from sandstorm, which I was using. Non sand teams looking to try this should probably use deoxys-s because it's just 2fast2handle.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/hackmons-44418649
Here's one example of it in action taking down pretty much an entire team. Bit of a boring watch but w/e.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/hackmons-44431767
This guy provides me with my favorite quotes of all time.

If anyone else has some cool sets, I'd love to see some.

Sup Hackmons players here's a set I found really interesting whilst I was experimenting with a team built entirely around residual damage.

Aerodactyl @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Substitute
- Whirlwind
- Spore

Mold Breaker Spore on something that fast is very hard to deal with. The only thing that can reliably shut down this set is magic coat, which often people find redundant when magic bounce is available. I chose Aerodactyl for it's speed and the fact it takes no damage from sandstorm, which I was using. Non sand teams looking to try this should probably use deoxys-s because it's just 2fast2handle.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/hackmons-44418649
Here's one example of it in action taking down pretty much an entire team. Bit of a boring watch but w/e.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/hackmons-44431767
This guy provides me with my favorite quotes of all time.

If anyone else has some cool sets, I'd love to see some.
Why Aero? Can't you simply use a Deoxys-S (no Species Clause, remember)? Anyway, Lum Berry users and faster Taunts/Spores (or Prankster for that matter) may provide some difficulty.

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Why Aero? Can't you simply use a Deoxys-S (no Species Clause, remember)? Anyway, Lum Berry users and faster Taunts/Spores (or Prankster for that matter) may provide some difficulty.
Did you read the post I made?
I kinda explained why I chose Aero over Deoxys and also mentioned when I would use deoxys over Aerodactly.
Whilst it is true that the stuff you mentioned can act as counters, it has to be in a certain situation. My first goal is always to try get a safe sub up and a lot of the things that would threaten my set often struggle with subs.

Magic Guard makes building a team ENTIRELY around residual damage usually a bad idea.
Honestly I agree with this, but that set alone often brought teams down to their final Pokemon which was easily killed by perish song.

fat BLOOD TOTEM said:

Aerodactyl @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Substitute
- Whirlwind
- Spore
Well TOTEM i do quite like the set but i find that Deoxys-Speed with Magic Coat is common.
Or from what I've seen.
The Set:
Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Trait: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Magic Coat
- Spore
- Gastro Acid
- Sheer Cold

I don't know a good item for Deoxys-Speed

Last edited by a moderator:
fat BLOOD TOTEM said:

Aerodactyl @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Substitute
- Whirlwind
- Spore

Well TOTEM i do quite like the set but i find that Deoxys-Speed with Magic Coat is common.
Or from what I've seen.
The Set:
Trait: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Magic Coat
- Spore
- Gastro Acid
- Sheer Cold

Is pressure a mistake?

Or from what I've seen.
The Set:
Trait: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Magic Coat
- Spore
- Gastro Acid
- Sheer Cold

Sash is probably the best item, although it could run lum berry/lefties if not used as a lead
Although even with sash i found that substitute works better than magic coat to protect spores etc from both sides and giving deoxys an extra line of defense.

Sash is probably the best item, although it could run lum berry/lefties if not used as a lead
Although even with sash i found that substitute works better than magic coat to protect spores etc from both sides and giving deoxys an extra line of defense.
Thank you for the idea I will start running substitute on my Deoxys-Speed.
To see how it does.

I thought of this combo/set this morning, and it works pretty well, as long as Deoxys-D has Recover:

Arceus @ Soundproof
-Shed Shell
- Perish Song
- Recover
- Extremespeed
- Simple Beam

And...

Deoxys-D @ Shadow Tag
- Lum Berry
- Recover
- Toxic
- Encore
- Rapid Spin

Basically, Arceus uses Perish Song, is immune, and switches to Deoxys-D to stall out the 3 turns. They can both work on their own as well.
Well it seems like a good idea but the person would prob catch on and just switch out Pokemon every time Arcues sets up a perish song

Lolz, look at my team
Arceus @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Bold Nature
- Perish Song
- Heal Order
- Rest
- Heal Bell

Arceus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Perish Song
- Heal Order
- Rest
- Heal Bell

Arceus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Perish Song
- Heal Order
- Rest
- Heal Bell

Arceus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Perish Song
- Heal Order
- Rest
- Heal Bell

Arceus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Perish Song
- Heal Order
- Rest
- Heal Bell

Arceus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Perish Song
- Heal Order
- Rest
- Heal Bell
Yeah Deoxys-Speed with sheer cold and No guard just wreaks that team

You're responding to some pretty old posts CrownedKirby :/

In other news, I've starting porting over the info from the Threatlist thread since ForeverPerfect doesn't seem to be around anymore. I've reorganized it into ability/strategy categories rather than individual pokemon, although I'm far from finished atm. Everyone feel free to note anything I should add since the other thread is really outdated (it still mentions Assist+Outrage).

In other news, I've starting porting over the info from the Threatlist thread since ForeverPerfect doesn't seem to be around anymore. I've reorganized it into ability/strategy categories rather than individual pokemon, although I'm far from finished atm. Everyone feel free to note anything I should add since the other thread is really outdated (it still mentions Assist+Outrage).
You should probably mention Magic guard, teams that rely on hazards and sand/hail damage have trouble with those and most carry toxic orbs and trick so they can't be spored.
Not to mention the offensive ones with moves like Flare blitz and Brave bird.

I can't think of anymore atm, i think you have the main ones down

Magic Guard and Poison Heal added to the list. If anyone wants to do a brief writeup for any of the abilities with some example pokemon feel free. I'll add them to the OP since I'll probably like them better than anything I've written.

You should probably mention Magic guard, teams that rely on hazards and sand/hail damage have trouble with those and most carry toxic orbs and trick so they can't be spored.
Not to mention the offensive ones with moves like Flare blitz and Brave bird.

I can't think of anymore atm, i think you have the main ones down
So like Level 2 Flame Orb Spiritomb

So like Level 2 Flame Orb Spiritomb
Kirbles was talking about Magic Guard, not Wonder Guard. Only WG and Sturdy are going to get away with being less than level 100.

EDIT: And a bunch of Gen VI stuff is in. I thought we'd have longer before it was implemented, but it looks like stuff is being added as it's discovered and there's no option (currently) to play hackmons in Gen V. Going to have to wait until most/everything's implemented to rewrite the guide so the meta is stable. Oh we have Gen V Hackmons again. It seems I'm pretty terrible at it lately but I'm getting back into it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)