ORAS LC PURPLEDOOSH W/ THE FINESSE LC RMT(PORYGON DESTRUCTION) PEAKED #1

~WELCOME TO THE BOMBEST, MOST UNIQUE LITTLE CUP RATE MY TEAM OF 2016~
I'm Purpledoosh, the spawn of Donald Trump and I promise this team will reduce your LC hatred and make your experience GREAT again. This is also my first rmt so be nice n_n

Building Process
Porygon is what I wanted to start the team off with since it's ability download just wrecks almost the whole tier(including mons that resist its moves) and since it has very diverse coverage in ice beam and psychic..etc. It also has exceptional bulk which usually always gives it an opportunity to hit something.
First thing to come to mind after starting with porygon was obviously a fighting check, which I've always found one reliable in Snubbull, with the usefulness of it's ability: intimidate and its interesting movepool. It's also known as a very good berry juice abuser and pivot. My main reason behind choosing snubbull as a fighting check and physical attacker soft-check was its dank hidden ability to automatically pressure the opponent to switch out which leads you open to doubling and getting the advantage on a snubbull check (which I'll cover soon).

There are many complicated reasons as to why I chose magnemite. As you can see, magnemite serves as a tiny check to super-effective moves that threaten snubbull and to fletching acros, but magnemite is also the second main star of the team as it is usually the mon I double into on Timburr and drilbur switchins(Magnemite was like the 5th mon on the team). With its scarf it is no doubt a good mon to double into with and lets it get hit when switching into Abra's psychic with (good predicting) and not suffer a whole lot as it can just volt switch out and break standard Abra's sash. It's ability analytic also comes in handy when you get the double into fairy,water(not named chinchou), and flying types as they will most likely switch out strengthening your attacks.

At this point, I needed not only a spinner, but a stealth rocker as well. Drilbur was the best option as its earthquake is needed to hit a lot for the team as well. With the set I have, it can live many super-effective spatk moves which are usually anti-leads for it. It also has the ability to come in on rocks without taking much damage and getting the ez spin. Oh yeah mold breaker is genius too √

I too needed a fighting type to counter other annoying normal types as an opposing download Porygon can be problematic for the team and I just needed a fighting type in general. This mon also serves as a pawniard check which wouldve been annoying to the team if I had not had Timburr. You might ask, "why not other fighting types like Mienfoo or scrafty or something PURPLEDOOSH?" Well you lost souls, Timburr's access to mach punch also makes pawniard a little easier to handle and its ability: "guts" was needed to absorb certain status moves. Timburr also came in handy as a good knock off mon + a physical shell smash stopper.

Last, I needed a second fletchling check + a mon to spread water moves and take them itself. Chinchou was also a good volt switch stopper and more reliable which comes in handy vs magnemite which might not be completely problematic to the team, but serves as a good soft check. Chinchou is probably also good as just a sac as well or a mon that can take big hits from any mon and survive with a second life due to its berry juice. Chinchou was also an acceptional pokemon to fit under the category because it offered volt switch momentum.

Sorry if that was too overwhelming for you filthy animals to chew on lol ^

GANG GANG:
IOS 2.1 (Porygon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
Level: 5
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 76 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Recover
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
The ultimate porygon set and the Star of this golden team- Modest nature gives it the power it needs to hit anything hard, even without the Special attack boost. I decided to go for recover over agility because it seemed more necessary for the team and useful since this is pretty much bulky offense.Immediately after this pokemon comes in, fear is stricken into the opponent, thus forcing them to switch into a check or counter which makes recovery viable as you can just do it on the switch and its useful to scout damage from various sets from diff mons. Porygon also has enough speed to outspeed the normal Timburr and do at least 75% and above with psychic. Its ice beam is also useful to hit Snivy and foongus which are problems to the team.

Matilda (Snubbull) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thief
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
Snubbull's niche on the team is very important because it not only absorbs delicious fighting type moves and other physical threats, but it can spread twave and stuff. With snubbull the only decisions you have to make regarding what you move you will chose is "what mon will he switch into" since the mons snubbull comes in on usually don't want to stay in on it. Its the standard ev spread and standard moveset so yeah. Twave is also useful to get onto mienfoos and other mons that threat porygon if they outspeed it.

Fetty¢Wap (Magnemite) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Magnemite serves as a fletch check and it usually ends up being my wincon for most games late-game. I usually use it as an Abra switchin as it can just volt switch back out if the opponent doesn't have pokemon that stop it's electric moves. Magnemite also forces a lot of the mons it doubles into, out, thus making its sptaks stronger due to analytic. The team usually has the advantage with predictions so hp grounding on an archen (switching into chinchou) will usually work 3/4 times, but its nice to play it safe.

FUCKINMOLEPERSON (Drilbur) @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 76 Atk / 36 Def / 76 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
Drilbur is a good pokemon with three roles: Rapid spin, stealth rock, EQ. Rock tomb is very useful against opposing sirskuits, anorith, or any other pokemon around it's speed tier that it can be matched up good against when outspeeding it. The tomb also helps against shell smashing mons if they somehow get the free shell smash on drilbur, so that magnemite can take them out after drillbur dies. Its ev spread also allows it to live Abra's energy ball at full health and rock tomb them after, and sirksuit's scald.

8 Inches (Timburr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Timburr is mostly used late-game or as a switch in to pawniard and an easy way to deal with it. I chose Ice punch over bulk-up because I found that I never really got the opportunity to bulk up or the need to use it. Ice punch is also needed against the annoying grass mons that really trouble the team: Snivy, Foongus.

Angler Fish (Chinchou) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 212 Def / 152 SpA / 68 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Ice Beam
Chinchou its another good pivot and provides the volt switch momentum. It also serves as a water + electric absorber and spreads the scald itself. Twave on both this and snubbull proved during battling to be useful since the mons I usually use late game are Porygon and Timburr which abuse the paralysis on other mons really well. Ice beam is another one of my pathetic attempts to deal with those annoying ass grass types.

The only threats I really found conflicting were these two Dinguses:

• Snivy is a HUGE threat to the team as it can basically 6-0, but it all depends on the mon you have out before it lands its first leaf storm. If it is a mon that can use twave, go ahead and do it, but if it is something that you can't afford getting hit just sac a mon that dies to leaf storm in one hit (drilbur/chinchou) so that you can send porygon in after, live a 2nd leaf storm and ice beam +1 after to either kill it or get it in range of scarf mag revenge-kill.

• Foongus is also very irritating to deal with because if it is well-played and conserved, it can be almost impossible to take out if it keeps its eviolite. Not to mention, the team has no spore immunity so you'd have to chose a reasonable sleep fodder. Then you would have to switch that out into something that wont take too much damage or get poisoned by it. I.e: I sac drilbur to foongus spore, go magnemite, then go porygon or timburr after to release the knockoff/icebeam/icepunch.

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 10.09.51 PM.png

Yep, breaking 1700's right after zorodark(if i lay here)was the proudest moment of my life.

• Just want to start off by saying s/o's to /avatar #Zinnia, The low ladder people that made the journey even longer -_-, and basically all of LC room for putting me down lol. ShotsLikeSwish and some others that joined my matches on the journey for encouragemment
  • Special shoutouts to ma dudes at Hellfire Club: HaxED SCHEFF LinkCode Duncajuwon Lord OutrageIBIREVER
  • My guys from Sky Pillar: amg Omastar < bby girl North Gate (for spitting boiling temperature fiya with me and some other dudes.
  • V.I.P Shoutouts: Dominatio always been there for me and a chill guy/the ubers version of me to talk to on PS. Dom you're like my go-to for ghosting and for battle testing and more serious shit. Also you weird af on skype. Eniigma for always being able to test teams and fight me, and build w/ me on ladder.
    megaslowbro1 Shoutouts to you for being 14 Jason and for having an annoying ass voice irl. And for basically being my bad luck charm and the reason why I lose most battles. Anytime I'm bored though, I can always chat with you on skype bc you're weird and accept the call at anytime. You have a cute little sister and you suck at mons. Shoutouts to you for also getting me locked for like 1 hour because I was 'ignoring' you and for making me lose a tournament match. Also shoutouts to you for getting banned from the room you created LMAO (Heatah Fajita room). You also use like all my teams so you're cool I guess. Ninjacalibur for being a cool dude. You're cocky though and act like the brazilian version of Jeran. I've always had battling respect for you though and always felt like you and Dominatio were the only players that knew me inside out and could outplay me. You were also one of the reasons why I kept going at it at LC, to prove that I was better than you. Shoutouts to Vubon for thinking he's better than me just because he's starting for our Powc team and I'm not. Also a special shoutouts to the nigs that give me life here on showdown LolBron James & Yung Vereen for always being the realest(100√) fellas on showdown. It's never dull moments w/ yall. Also thanks for being the squad to back me up when roasting other showdown players on ladder or something.
  • Shoutouts to Coconut. macle and Jac for fighting over me in this upcoming lcpl :)
  • Shoutouts to fatty for being my lc tutor and Level 56 for being mi ubers tutor
  • S/O's to Heysup and GOAO for being my most influential LC players that inspired me to get better.
  • Shoutouts to Fiend for rating this team^ and for teaching me how to do hide/shows
  • and one more shoutout to petyer for giving me hope and motivation to become better user for tours room,

IOS 2.1 (Porygon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 76 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Recover
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Matilda (Snubbull) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thief
- Play Rough
- Earthquake

Fetty¢Wap (Magnemite) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ground]

FUCKINMOLEPERSON (Drilbur) @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 76 Atk / 36 Def / 76 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb

8 Inches (Timburr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Angler Fish (Chinchou) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 212 Def / 152 SpA / 68 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Well, this was fun and I hope you all enjoy the team that I cooked up in the lab. If you have any questions on how to use the team, I will gladly answer them down in the comments ~

Last edited:

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hi PURPLEDOOSH,
Cool looking team, but too bad that fiend loser got to it first because it could be even cooler :/
I know this is a really big shift in what the slot does for the team, but running Drifloon over Magnemite could really help to patch holes in your team. It's usually the better Abra check and can use Spritzee as set-up bait. It doesn't check Fletchling like Magnemite does, but between Porygon/Snubbull/Chinchou, I don't see Fletchling being too big of an issue. In addition to Snivy/Foongus, I'm noticing a minor weakness to Drilbur, which can be worn down but is still annoying to switch into. Drifloon makes post-Spore Foongus a dead weight (and hard walls it even when asleep) while acting as a decent check to Snivy/Porygon/Drilbur. The CM set in particular can still act as your win condition in most games.
Drifloon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 36 HP / 164 Def / 36 SpA / 164 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex / Shadow Ball
- Recycle
With these EVs, Snivy's Leaf Storm still activates Berry Juice after Stealth Rock, but doesn't 2HKO from full health bar some crazy rolls. This way, you can win pretty easily against non-HP Ice variants by just setting up Calm Mind twice and then PP stalling Leaf Storm before setting up on Hidden Power. If it turns out to be SubGlare, you can still PP stall Leaf Storm most of the time, and then Snivy won't be able to OHKO Porygon/Drilbur/Chinchou (unless HP Ground)/Timburr (unless HP Flying).
The physical Recycle set works too, but you don't really have another sweeper for it to support. If you really need this slot to be a pivot, Vullaby fares better against Fletchling/Foongus; however, this leaves you much weaker to Spritzee. Foongus is your best choice from a defensive perspective, but renders your team pretty passive.

Other than that, I just have a few minor tweaks in mind -

If you do choose to run Drifloon, it would be a good idea to use Poison Jab over Ice Punch on your Fighting-type now that you have Foongus more or less shut down but don't have as good of a Cottonee switch-in. If ditching Magnemite makes you really miss a pivot, you could try (Poison Jab) Mienfoo over Timburr.

Changing Snubbull's EV spread to 36 HP / 36 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe while keeping the Adamant nature is important to not lose to Mienfoo + LO Diglett combinations. With the current EV spread, Mienfoo's U-turn into Diglett's EQ has a good chance to KO Snubbull. If they have a spinblocker and keep rocks down, it's guaranteed.

Finally, 24 HP isn't a great number to hit for Porygon. It doesn't make a big difference surviving specific attacks, and you heal just as much HP from Recover with 23 or 24 HP; on the other hand, 24 HP makes you take more from entry hazards and burn/poison. Changing the EV spread to 36 Def / 236 SpA / 76 SpD / 116 Spe lets Porygon survive Croagunk's Focus Blast after Stealth Rock most of the time and make enemy Porygon's Download boost Attack.

That's all I have for now. Good work, and good luck!

Well, my first impression is that you ruined Porygon forever for me due to that opening picture. Ew.

Anyway, Congrats on the peak. I kinda agree with the Drifloon switch, though BulkyFletch could also work, helping less with Foongus, but helping against Snivy a bit more, and also working better against Sun teams, which completely rapes you. Though I suppose Sun teams aren't as common as they once were.

If I think of anything I'll edit this post.

Also don't my opinion over basically anyone who disagrees with me because I'm bad at team-building.

Reactions: PD
Hi PURPLEDOOSH,
Cool looking team, but too bad that fiend loser got to it first because it could be even cooler :/
I know this is a really big shift in what the slot does for the team, but running Drifloon over Magnemite could really help to patch holes in your team. It's usually the better Abra check and can use Spritzee as set-up bait. It doesn't check Fletchling like Magnemite does, but between Porygon/Snubbull/Chinchou, I don't see Fletchling being too big of an issue. In addition to Snivy/Foongus, I'm noticing a minor weakness to Drilbur, which can be worn down but is still annoying to switch into. Drifloon makes post-Spore Foongus a dead weight (and hard walls it even when asleep) while acting as a decent check to Snivy/Porygon/Drilbur. The CM set in particular can still act as your win condition in most games.
Drifloon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 36 HP / 164 Def / 36 SpA / 164 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex / Shadow Ball
- Recycle
With these EVs, Snivy's Leaf Storm still activates Berry Juice after Stealth Rock, but doesn't 2HKO from full health bar some crazy rolls. This way, you can win pretty easily against non-HP Ice variants by just setting up Calm Mind twice and then PP stalling Leaf Storm before setting up on Hidden Power. If it turns out to be SubGlare, you can still PP stall Leaf Storm most of the time, and then Snivy won't be able to OHKO Porygon/Drilbur/Chinchou (unless HP Ground)/Timburr (unless HP Flying).
The physical Recycle set works too, but you don't really have another sweeper for it to support. If you really need this slot to be a pivot, Vullaby fares better against Fletchling/Foongus; however, this leaves you much weaker to Spritzee. Foongus is your best choice from a defensive perspective, but renders your team pretty passive.

Other than that, I just have a few minor tweaks in mind -

If you do choose to run Drifloon, it would be a good idea to use Poison Jab over Ice Punch on your Fighting-type now that you have Foongus more or less shut down but don't have as good of a Cottonee switch-in. If ditching Magnemite makes you really miss a pivot, you could try (Poison Jab) Mienfoo over Timburr.

Changing Snubbull's EV spread to 36 HP / 36 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe while keeping the Adamant nature is important to not lose to Mienfoo + LO Diglett combinations. With the current EV spread, Mienfoo's U-turn into Diglett's EQ has a good chance to KO Snubbull. If they have a spinblocker and keep rocks down, it's guaranteed.

Finally, 24 HP isn't a great number to hit for Porygon. It doesn't make a big difference surviving specific attacks, and you heal just as much HP from Recover with 23 or 24 HP; on the other hand, 24 HP makes you take more from entry hazards and burn/poison. Changing the EV spread to 36 Def / 236 SpA / 76 SpD / 116 Spe lets Porygon survive Croagunk's Focus Blast after Stealth Rock most of the time and make enemy Porygon's Download boost Attack.

That's all I have for now. Good work, and good luck!
Hey Levi, thanks for your input and open suggestions. Drifloon just might work perfectly on the team as its niche to prevent grass Pokemon from being too annoying is nice but, I think I might stay with magnemite. I haven't really explained the way I use it too well, but it serves a very important role on my team and I've won most of my battles due to its momentum and its play style. Although, I guess I could test with the drifloon set. Also thanks for helping me with the ev spreads; I kind of get lost when trying to setup hp evs and the bulk of certain mons but once again, thank you this really helped !

Well, my first impression is that you ruined Porygon forever for me due to that opening picture. Ew.

Anyway, Congrats on the peak. I kinda agree with the Drifloon switch, though BulkyFletch could also work, helping less with Foongus, but helping against Snivy a bit more, and also working better against Sun teams, which completely rapes you. Though I suppose Sun teams aren't as common as they once were.

If I think of anything I'll edit this post.

Also don't my opinion over basically anyone who disagrees with me because I'm bad at team-building.
Thanks for the suggestions as well and I did not even notice how bad sun was a problem to the team until I saw your post mainly because I had never really faced sun with the team on ladder, but I guess I could sac a mon, then ice beam with porygon if it came to that which I believe Ohkos bellsprout.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
h8 levi...

I'm really surprised Diglett / Scarf Drillbur isn't on your threat list as well, especially since Scarf Drilbur outspeeds and OHKOes Magnemite and Chinchou, 2HKOes Porygon and Timburr if Adamant (after Rocks), Drilbur barely lives, and Snubbull is a 3HKO after Berry Juice, but can only switch in once and will probably be weakened already. And while Snubbull does give you leeway with Intimidate, it's a very mediocre protection against it. Considering this, I don't see why dual Electric types is a viable thing to run on this team, especially with the your Grass weakness.

The team is composed in such a way that Porygon is your wallbreaker of choice, and the rest of the team is supplying very basic needs for the it to be large threat than normal. But as a result of this, defensive synergy is largely forgone in what is at a glance a Bulky Offence team. Drifloon is honestly the best fit as Levi suggested, though it can mildly sink momentum versus very well prepared teams and is a very imperfect win condition--Magnemite is too, though i feel it is only your wincon due to speed, which Drifloon has--however it helps your team in both a variety of matchups versus irksome threats (Scarf Drilbur, Snivy, Foongus) and archetypes, chiefly Webs and Sun.

If you feel that losing a Volt Switcher and a very offensive threat is so hard on the team, perhaps Vullaby would be an imperfect solution? It can still lose to Snivy, but completely beats Foongus. There really isn't a solution to having a momentum generating and maintaining team which is defensively synergic without tearing apart the team. So Either Drifloon > Magnemite as Levi suggested, or really just leave it the same.

Also, unless your team really needs Guts on Timburr, which it does and it doesn't, Iron Fist > Guts on Timburr allows for Foongus to be 2HKOed after SR while powering up Drain Punch and Mach Punch for some power. This helps out versus Memento Omanyte teams, which can sorta set up versus Magnemite or -2 Porygon. You can also happen to pick off Scarf Drilbur from 40% now, but this is unlikely to occur. It's the same rolls for Ice Punch with Sheer Force too, so don't look at Sheer Force because it's flat out inferior. Of course this is only if you don't switch to Drifloon.

Cheers!

h8 levi...

I'm really surprised Diglett / Scarf Drillbur isn't on your threat list as well, especially since Scarf Drilbur outspeeds and OHKOes Magnemite and Chinchou, 2HKOes Porygon and Timburr if Adamant (after Rocks), Drilbur barely lives, and Snubbull is a 3HKO after Berry Juice, but can only switch in once and will probably be weakened already. And while Snubbull does give you leeway with Intimidate, it's a very mediocre protection against it. Considering this, I don't see why dual Electric types is a viable thing to run on this team, especially with the your Grass weakness.

The team is composed in such a way that Porygon is your wallbreaker of choice, and the rest of the team is supplying very basic needs for the it to be large threat than normal. But as a result of this, defensive synergy is largely forgone in what is at a glance a Bulky Offence team. Drifloon is honestly the best fit as Levi suggested, though it can mildly sink momentum versus very well prepared teams and is a very imperfect win condition--Magnemite is too, though i feel it is only your wincon due to speed, which Drifloon has--however it helps your team in both a variety of matchups versus irksome threats (Scarf Drilbur, Snivy, Foongus) and archetypes, chiefly Webs and Sun.

If you feel that losing a Volt Switcher and a very offensive threat is so hard on the team, perhaps Vullaby would be an imperfect solution? It can still lose to Snivy, but completely beats Foongus. There really isn't a solution to having a momentum generating and maintaining team which is defensively synergic without tearing apart the team. So Either Drifloon > Magnemite as Levi suggested, or really just leave it the same.

Also, unless your team really needs Guts on Timburr, which it does and it doesn't, Iron Fist > Guts on Timburr allows for Foongus to be 2HKOed after SR while powering up Drain Punch and Mach Punch for some power. This helps out versus Memento Omanyte teams, which can sorta set up versus Magnemite or -2 Porygon. You can also happen to pick off Scarf Drilbur from 40% now, but this is unlikely to occur. It's the same rolls for Ice Punch with Sheer Force too, so don't look at Sheer Force because it's flat out inferior. Of course this is only if you don't switch to Drifloon.

Cheers!
Alright you've all convinced me, drifloon might just be a good fit for all of the reasons you both have stated but I feel like I was just hanging on to magnemite too much because it's done so much for the team. I guess it is a bit redundant to have mag but now what set drifloon do I use(calm mind, or Acro) and won't I get 2hkod by leaf storm on switchin without being able to attack back since they're both about the same speed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)