[Puzzling] Adventure Games Mafia - Won by imperfectluck, LucasArts, and others

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
When you awake the next day, you find two bodies. The first is that of a young man washed ashore. It seems the waters were stronger than he thought. This man was StevenSnype.

Dear StevenSnype,
You are Prince Alexander.

The firstborn son of King Graham of Daventry, you were stolen from your crib by the evil wizard Manannan and renamed Gwydion. You turned the wizard’s magic against him however, turning him into a cat. After reuniting with your family, you fell in love with a princess from the Land of the Green Isles. You adventured to the strange land to save her from Vizier Alhazred, showing off more of your magical aptitude.

Being skilled in magic, once per cycle you can PM vonFiedler with "Cycle X - Protect USER". USER will be magically protected from all kills. You may self-target once.

<Snip>

You have been challenged to a duel, but you lack a proper sword. You must construct one.

<Snip>

You are allied with Sierra. You win if your team solves four puzzles.

The other was Aura Guardian, who as a Skeleton seems like he must have been dead for a while, but nevertheless was recently decapitated.

Dear Aura Guardian,
You are Manny Calavera.

You are a reaper working for the Department of Death. If you can sell enough packages to the souls of the recently deceased, you can start your own journey to the Ninth Underworld Temple and eternal rest.

As a Salesman, once per cycle you can PM vonFiedler with “Cycle X - Find Customer”. List one puzzle in the body of the message, and you will learn of one player who has a solution item for that puzzle.

<Snip>

For a handsome reward, you must bait and capture alive a local lord’s pet tiger Sir Fluffikins.

<Snip>

You are allied with LucasArts. You win if your team solves four puzzles.

All items were picked up, but two more have found their way into the discard pile. If you failed to pick up an item last cycle, you have a better chance from now on.

Bucket
Bricks

I want to see some trades today! If you stagnate the items in your possession, no one will ever solve any puzzles. Now that there are 8 more items in circulation and two less people to use them, I expect to see some trades.

There is a lynch today and from now on.

It is now Cycle 2. Deadline is in 48 hours.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
don't lunch shinyskarmory for 3 reasons:

1. Lynch spiffy is a dead joke
2. I don't even think Spiffy is playing
3. I enjoy instigating, and Snype is too dead to give me grief over it.

I'll change if someone actually has a legitimate lynch target.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
lynch shinyskarmory

EDIT: lynch Walrein

SECOND EDIT: lynch shinyskarmory

shinyskarmory claims to be a freelancer whose only night action is BPV. This means he can't make contracts, and it also means the only way he's going to die is by lynching him. This is my reasoning. I'm a worse flip-flopper than Mitt Romney.

The death of another player benefits literally everyone (unless this player is mafia, in which case it is only bad for their mafia teammates). I would honestly be willing to change to anyone else.

don't lunch shinyskarmory for 3 reasons:

1. Lynch spiffy is a dead joke
2. I don't even think Spiffy is playing
3. I enjoy instigating, and Snype is too dead to give me grief over it.

I'll change if someone actually has a legitimate lynch target.
4. Spiffy isn't even flattered by it anymore

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Vote shinyskarmory

shinyskarmory said:
I am holding a Rubber Duck.

I know this is going to sound retarded, but vonFieldler would not put an item that retarded and useless in the game unless it was for some reason.

And since the item is so useless, it must have some hidden power that is ridiculously powerful.

Fine, whatever, lynch me if you want. I give up.

Well, since the bandwagon's there:

Lynch shinyskarmory

I personally think we should try going after the mafias first, but that's just me.

EDIT: You know what, Veedrock has a point about the bandwagon thing, and shinyskarmory not being a real threat to anyone. I still think we should be a bit worried about the factions since they have kills, but I'll put No Lynch for now until someone with a better idea comes along.

Trying to start a bandwagon is stupid.

Jumping on one is stupider.
===

Now, for people still trying to target the mafia, get out of the mentality that "mafia=bad." Look, we have BOTH of their win conditions listed above; they clearly aren't enemies to freelancers, and hell they aren't even enemies to each other! The reason they're a team is simply for "Think Tank" purposes, to provide a different dynamic in a game of selfish freelancers.

Most if not all roles include a win condition along the lines of "You win if you(r team) solves X puzzles." If this is the case, then the only thing we really have to look out for is the off chance of neutrals that wins from a certain mafia's elimination or potentially off of X number of kills. EVERYONE ELSE IS NOT HOSTILE TOWARDS ANYBODY.

===
Now about this roll on shinyskarmory, I don't see the point to it. He's all over the place in this thread but that's a terrible reason to screw him over, especially since he's not liable to harm anybody in this game and only hindering his own chances of winning.

Remember, it's safe to assume that most of us can co-exist peacefully. aska's reasoning of his death "benefiting" everyone isn't necessarily wrong, but with that logic we can lynch ANYBODY and get the same results. By that logic we could lynch aska instead, or anybody reading this post and still benefit everyone.

In fact I'd argue it's better to lynch somebody else any; if shinyskarmory can't enter contracts his prospect of winning is already hindered (ie he's got nothing on you) and somebody else will have better item(s) (PLURAL!!) that would go to the discard pile. How do you like those apples? If we're talking about selfish benefits here, shinyskarmory is the worst choice you can make.

(And FYI I'm not advocating we lynch anybody, I'm just providing reasons why the current roll is stupid and needs to stop)

===
I know this isn't an expert game but that doesn't mean you have to be a sheep.

Also whoever hooked me last night, you're a bastard. If it was you Sierra, I'm hurt. I cooperated with you (even if unintentionally) and I'm even defending you from grandfathered ideals :(

That said, Sierra and LucasArts, feel free to contact me if you want to fill the empty seat of your Think Tank. Again you two aren't enemies so I have no reason to reveal you to anybody. I can work independently with both of you and try to make sure we all come out on top. I know it might be hard to open up and trust a freelancer but I'm a reasonable honest guy, promise!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)