[Puzzling] Adventure Games Mafia - Won by imperfectluck, LucasArts, and others

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
In spite of not being able to muster of much support, chomz is still determined to kill the lounge lizard iiMKUltra. He runs out into the street in fear, only to be run over by a car immediately.

Dear iiMKUltra,
You are Larry Laffer.

You are a computer programmer living with his mother, and a 38 year old virgin. When you lose your job and house, you decide to start living the wild life. Being a fan of the 70s you buy a polyester suit, gold chains, and go to town with sure-miss pickup lines.

As a seasoned lady’s man, each cycle you can PM vonFiedler with “Cycle X - Seduce USER1 to vote for USER2”. USER1 will vote to lynch USER2 in the next cycle.

To gain the rare medicine needed to save the Emperor’s life, you must have something extremely valuable to trade.

<Snip>

You are allied with Sierra. You win if your team solves four puzzles.

chomz gets away with murder because no one was paying attention, instead watching an intense police standoff unfold. It seems the police have found the Origami Killer and it is Darkpenguin67. Repeatedly yelling "JASON!" doesn't get the cops to stand down, and they open fire on him.

Dear Darkpenguin67,
You are Ethan Mars.

Your life falls apart when your son dies in traffic accident. So when your other son Shaun is kidnapped by the Origami Killer, you would sacrifice anything to save him.

With little regard for you own life, once per cycle you can PM vonFiedler with “Cycle X - Martyr USER”. USER’s actions will target you. You will survive a kill attempt through this action once.

<Snip>

In order to get into a secure facility, you must disguise yourself as the commanding officer.

You are a Freelancer. You win if you solve a single puzzle.

Because the police were occupied, Detective Gumshoe couldn't arrive in the nick of time to save ace attorney Veedrock from being beaten to death by the mafia. The miracle never happen.

Dear Veedrock,
You are Phoenix Wright.

It’s not a question of guilty or not guilty. You pursue the truth. As a rising star in the ranks of defense attorneys, you struggle against a justice system slanted entirely towards the prosecution.

Once per cycle you can PM vonFiedler with “Cycle X - Object to USER”. USER’s action this cycle will be canceled.

<Snip>

You are defending an innocent man in court. You must find the evidence needed to find him not guilty.

New discard pile, a bit smaller but quite a few puzzles are now close to being solved. I want to see some winners tomorrow!

50 Dollar Bill
Swordfish
Bucket

It is now Cycle 4. Deadline is in 48 hours.

I'd be glad to lynch Spiffy.

Or perhaps I could lynch Spiffy?

Maybe if I was to lynch Spiffy...

Ah, screw it, I can't figure out these forums. I guess I won't be lynching Spiffy, then...

E: Is it not obvious that I'm kidding here? I'm sincerely hoping that this is a jokelynch, namely because there is no way to stop a bandwagon in this game. Well, I haven't been talking to anyone, I haven't been doing anything... I'm clearly a threat to somebody's chances of winning.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
removed vote

bastard tried to lynch spiffy

people get incredibly defensive when I make a joke vote O_o

This has been the formula so far:
Someone posts
I vote to lynch that person on some ridiculous basis
That person overreacts (see: jalmont747)
I remove my vote
We get on with the day

The only time I didn't remove my vote was on shinyskarmory, and that's because a bandwagon started up immediately on him.

Nigga asked for it.

Lynch Poppy

We might as well get closer to finishing off Sierra and making sure that they can't get in the way of the rest of us. For the love of all Smogon Mafia...

LYNCH SPIFFY

Someone just sent me an interesting PM:

Dear Flamestrike,
You are Prince Alexander.

The firstborn son of King Graham of Daventry, you were stolen from your crib by the evil wizard Manannan and renamed Gwydion. You turned the wizard’s magic against him however, turning him into a cat. After reuniting with your family, you fell in love with a princess from the Land of the Green Isles. You adventured to the strange land to save her from Vizier Alhazred, showing off more of your magical aptitude.

Having multiple identities, it is easy for you to slip into another role. The first time a Freelancer dies, their Role PM will be a modified version of your own, and you will receive their Role PM and gain their ability. At no point does this make you immune to inspections however.

<Snip>

To gain the rare medicine needed to save the Emperor’s life, you must have something extremely valuable to trade.

It seems plausible enough. I say we Lynch Spiffy rather than randomly whack each other for lulz.

One more thing: a Freelance thief I've been in contact with just told me that he managed to steal my starting item from icecoolblue, after it had been stolen in Cycle 2. Since I fully believe this thief is not mafia-aligned, I'm willing to bet that icecoolblue is, since it's unlikely there'd be moer than two thieves amongst the neutrals. I'd say this makes icb a more pressing target, since the puzzle my item solved has been exposed, and he might be close to solving himself.

Therefore, let's Lynch icecoolblue.

One more thing: a Freelance thief I've been in contact with just told me that he managed to steal my starting item from icecoolblue, after it had been stolen in Cycle 2. Since I fully believe this thief is not mafia-aligned, I'm willing to bet that icecoolblue is, since it's unlikely there'd be moer than two thieves amongst the neutrals. I'd say this makes icb a more pressing target, since the puzzle my item solved has been exposed, and he might be close to solving himself.

Therefore, let's Lynch icecoolblue.

First off buddy, I'm not mafia. Here's my role pm to prove it
Dear icecoolblue,
You are Trilby.

A gentleman thief, you broke into the DeFoe manor looking for expensive loot, but were instead wrapped up in plot of serial murder, dark magic, and demonic gods that would haunt you forever.

As a thief, once per cycle you can PM vonFiedler with “Cycle X - Steal from USER”. You will steal one item from USER.

You have a Tree. It is a nice sturdy tree with branches.

To travel unmolested through a crowd of peasants, you must appear to be one of them.

2nd, if your other thief buddy isn't mafia, why doesn't he show us his role pm?

And third, we'd all be better off lynching Spiffy, a proven mafia member.

Also, sorry I lifted from you chomz, I was just picking randomly and you wouldn't take my tree :p

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
chomz had run the lynch so far, but his personal dislike of icecoolblue gave way to people wanting to lynch the real Prince of Daventry, Spiffy. They summoned the humanoid guard dogs and had him killed.

Dear Spiffy,
You are Prince Alexander.

The firstborn son of King Graham of Daventry, you were stolen from your crib by the evil wizard Manannan and renamed Gwydion. You turned the wizard’s magic against him however, turning him into a cat. After reuniting with your family, you fell in love with a princess from the Land of the Green Isles. You adventured to the strange land to save her from Vizier Alhazred, showing off more of your magical aptitude.

Having multiple identities, it is easy for you to slip into another role. The first time a Freelancer dies, their Role PM will be a modified version of your own, and you will receive their Role PM and gain their ability. At no point does this make you immune to inspections however.

<Snip>

Before you stands a dragon, blocking the great treasures to be had from its lair. You must defeat the dragon while avoiding a fiery death.

<Snip>

As a result you all discover Steven Snype's real Role PM.

Dear Steven Snype,
You are Cole Phelps.

Touted as a World War II hero, you actually feel very undeserving of this and feel guilty because of the men who died around you. You have dedicated yourself to being a clean cop, but the corruption of Los Angeles threatens to bring you down.

As a cop, once per cycle you can PM vonFiedler with “Cycle X - Bodyguard USER”. USER will be protected from all kills. You can only self-target once.

<Snip>

You have been challenged to a duel, but you lack a proper sword. You must construct one.

And I like that I Phelps would have died the same way as Alexander.

But it appears not everyone is done pulling a train on Sierra, as computer programmer Poppycock was found dead from auto erotic asphyxiation. Accident, or murder?

Dear Poppycock,
You are Curtis Craig.

You are a seemingly normal bisexual rat lover working for a pharmaceutical company, but in reality you have a dark past of mental illness and maybe worse things. There’s a string of gruesome murders going around and you have to prove your innocence, but even you aren’t sure of that.

Being into S&M, each cycle you can PM vonFiedler with “Cycle X - Bondage USER”. You will have kinky sex with USER, preventing them from using any actions that cycle.

<Snip>

But not all is dark in Daventry. Traveling salesman zorbees finds a nearby Tree and sets a Large Net in it. He uses a Bunny Rabbit as bait and successfully catches a tiger. With his reward, he leaves the game a winner.

Dear zorbees,
You are Kyle Hyde.

An ex-NYPD cop, you are now a salesman. However, you still believe your ex-partner who you were forced to gun down is still alive and out there somewhere.

As a Salesman, once per cycle you can PM vonFiedler with “Cycle X - Find Customer”. List one puzzle in the body of the message, and you will learn of one player who has a solution item for that puzzle.

<Snip>

For a handsome reward, you must bait and capture alive a local lord’s pet tiger Sir Fluffikins.

The Tiger Puzzle has been solved, and is now gone.

Small discard pile today, but maybe a freelance win will get more people to try and grab stuff.

Bullet Casings
Handgun

It is now Cycle 5. Deadline is in 48 hours.

Darn it, I wanted to do that puzzle. :( I knew the Tree and Net were involved in it, but big kudos for you for thinking to use a cute fluffy Bunny Rabbit for bait... I think. :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)