1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

[Puzzling] Adventure Games Mafia - Won by imperfectluck, LucasArts, and others

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by vonFiedler, Nov 13, 2011.

1. vonFiedler

vonFiedler Visualize It
    is a Community Contributor

So did icecoolblue
  2. Thorns

Thorns

ending icecoolblue
  3. Dummy007

Dummy007

Melt icecoolblue
  4. vonFiedler

vonFiedler Visualize It
    is a Community Contributor

So in spite of coming close to solving two puzzles and the fact that by all rights he should have won on Cycle 5, everyone crowds around gentleman thief icecoolblue and kills him.

At this point there are more puzzles to solve than there are people to solve them, so the world's biggest loser imperfectluck steps up and bows out. Having forced all the remaining players to win by default, he now doesn't feel like such a loser anymore.

LucasArts wins as the willing accomplices to imperfectluck.

Lightwolf had already saved his son.

Then Dummy007 put on some Sunglasses, then used sticky Maple Syrup to fashion himself a mustache out of Cat Hair. He was then able to get into the military base. Fun fact, anyone could have googled "Cat Hair" puzzle, it's only the most infamous adventure game puzzle ever.

Next Hydrattler was able to escape through the mob of peasants. He wore Rags so he was dressed like a peasant, he had rubbed himself with Garbage so he stank like a peasant, and finally he Set Himself on Fire so that he was on fire like a peasant.

Finally Walrein proved his clients innocence by presenting as evidence spent spent Bullet Casings from the Handgun, which shared fingerprints from the recently Used Cup.

Everyone else won on a technicality. Some guy named HD took some Bricks and covered them in Gold Paint. He then put his "Gold Ingots" and put them in Briefcase, allowing him to trade for the Emperor's medicine and secure his reward.

Next artist Nightmare Jigglypuff created a love potion with Tequila as the base, mixing in a 50 Dollar Bill (women love money) and some Old Spice body wash. He used this love potion to win the heart of the princess, and the game.

Finally Amnesiac Thorns, though greatly hindered by multiple Red Herrings, was able construct a sword by using a Sharp Pointy Stick as a handle, a Swordfish as a blade, and the crossguard from a Sword Hilt. He dueled his way to victory.

No one figured out that in order to claim the Dragon's treasure, they would have to fill a Bucket with a Source of Water (a dragon's one weakness), then use an Invisibility Spell to get close enough to use it.

zorbees, kingofkongs, imperfectluck, HD, Nightmare Jigglypuff, Thorns, and LucasArts have won Adventure Games Mafia
  5. Steven Snype

Steven Snype
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

6. Walrein

Walrein

LucasArts so strongth. Or more specifically, LightWolf so strongth.
  7. kingofmars

kingofmars
    is a Past SPL Winneris a VGC2 Winner

I'd like to point out that LucasArts guaranteed that i was safe the cycle I won, and since I was working closely with jalmont, when he was being lynch he decided to give me his items, which included the rubber gloves. So I won regardless of Lucas Arts getting ipl to kill me. Fun. Also I keep facepalming when realizing after the fact that i know most of these puzzles, and then being shocked when duct tape and sword hilt didn't work together.

Edit: Also the one that no one solved I believe is from that game where you're a prince and have to save your dad in 24 hours, forgot the name of it.
  8. Thorns

Thorns

troll puzzle
  9. Dummy007

Dummy007

So, who's going to troll everyone with "LucasArts Squad" banners?
  10. Walrein

Walrein

That meme needs to die.
  11. askaninjask

askaninjask [FLAIL ARMS]
    is a Forum Moderator

Question: Why did you make imperfectluck a harmless neutral? Of all possible players to assign that role to...
  12. jumpluff

jumpluff you stare right through me
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I knew you'd turn out great.
  13. zorbees

zorbees
    is a Forum Moderator

Yeah, the original was clearly the best
  14. LightWolf

LightWolf lightwoof
    is a Forum Moderator

He would have been a harmless neutral as a freelancer too.

So all left for him is the role of mafia... Which might have turned out to be a much worse choice.

And tbh, this didn't depend on ipl alone, but the combination of me and ipl. No one else would have gone as far as adding a neut with a kill to their sheet after all?
  15. Nightmare Jigglypuff

Nightmare Jigglypuff

Oh cool, i won. I don't know how, but i'll take it.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)