[Puzzling] Adventure Games Mafia - Won by imperfectluck, LucasArts, and others

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So in spite of coming close to solving two puzzles and the fact that by all rights he should have won on Cycle 5, everyone crowds around gentleman thief icecoolblue and kills him.

Dear icecoolblue,
You are Trilby.

A gentleman thief, you broke into the DeFoe manor looking for expensive loot, but were instead wrapped up in plot of serial murder, dark magic, and demonic gods that would haunt you forever.

As a thief, once per cycle you can PM vonFiedler with “Cycle X - Steal from USER”. You will steal one item from USER.

<Snip>

To travel unmolested through a crowd of peasants, you must appear to be one of them.

You are a Freelancer. You win if you solve a single puzzle.
At this point there are more puzzles to solve than there are people to solve them, so the world's biggest loser imperfectluck steps up and bows out. Having forced all the remaining players to win by default, he now doesn't feel like such a loser anymore.

Dear imperfectluck,
You are Michael Dawson.

One year ago, aliens from the dark world implanted an embryo in your brain. You survived the encounter, but now live with your mother and nobody believes your story. You can’t even make it past first base with the town whore, and now a new series of murders are being pinned on you.

You know that there are 10 puzzles in the game.

You cannot carry any items, and any items you receive are dropped. However you have an infinite supply of Red Herrings, and can trade or give one away once per night. They won’t appear to other players as Red Herrings though, but as any item you wish.

Once per cycle you can PM vonFiedler with “Cycle X - Kill USER”. USER will be killed.

Once per cycle you can PM vonFiedler with “Cycle X - Make USER drop item”. USER will drop one item.

Once per cycle you can PM vonFiedler with “Cycle X - Inspect USER”. You will receive USER’s Role PM, their puzzle, and what items they have.

The first time you die, it will have no effect.

You are King of all Losers. You win if you prevent the players from solving all 10 puzzles.
LucasArts wins as the willing accomplices to imperfectluck.

Lightwolf had already saved his son.

Dear Lightwolf,
You are the Purple Tentacle.

After being exposed to toxic waste, you have developed a taste for world conquest.

As a Tentacle, each cycle you can PM vonFiedler with “Cycle X - Tentacle Rape USER”. USER will be unable to complete their action this cycle.

<Snip>

<Snip>

You are allied with LucasArts. You win if your team solves four puzzles.
Then Dummy007 put on some Sunglasses, then used sticky Maple Syrup to fashion himself a mustache out of Cat Hair. He was then able to get into the military base. Fun fact, anyone could have googled "Cat Hair" puzzle, it's only the most infamous adventure game puzzle ever.

Dear Dummy007,
You are Sam.

A member of the Freelance Police, you are more level headed and less violent than your partner Max (but not by much). You are fond of breaking out into long-winded sentences with elaborate terminology.

If your partner Max dies, his Role PM will show up as the Freelancer Joey (from Beneath a Steel Sky), a twin that grants his partner a killing action. In reality you will gain the Bodyguard action. None of this protect either of you from being inspected.

<Snip>

<Snip>

Next Hydrattler was able to escape through the mob of peasants. He wore Rags so he was dressed like a peasant, he had rubbed himself with Garbage so he stank like a peasant, and finally he Set Himself on Fire so that he was on fire like a peasant.

Dear Hydrattler,
You are Max.

You are a lagomorph and member of the Freelance Police. You are violent, impulsive, and indulgent. You also like to carry around a luger, and it’s no one’s damn business where you are keeping it.

If your partner Sam dies, his Role PM will show up as the Freelancer Robert Foster (from Beneath a Steel Sky), a twin that grants his partner a killing action. In reality you will gain the Bodyguard action. None of this protect either of you from being inspected.

<Snip>

<Snip>

Finally Walrein proved his clients innocence by presenting as evidence spent spent Bullet Casings from the Handgun, which shared fingerprints from the recently Used Cup.

Dear Walrein,
You are Guybrush Threepwood.

Your life’s ambition was always to become a pirate, which you did by defeating the undead pirate LeChuck. This was only the first of many adventures where you’d tangle with LeChuck, usually over the affections of Elaine Marley.

As a Pirate, you are skilled in insult fighting. Once per cycle you can PM vonFiedler with “Cycle X - Insult USER”. USER will be so busy laughing that they will not be able to post in the thread the next day.

<Snip>

Everyone else won on a technicality. Some guy named HD took some Bricks and covered them in Gold Paint. He then put his "Gold Ingots" and put them in Briefcase, allowing him to trade for the Emperor's medicine and secure his reward.

Dear HD,
You are the Stranger.

The protagonist of the game series Myst, little is actually known about you.

However being part of one of the best selling adventure games of all time garners a bit of respect. When you vote in a lynch, your vote counts as three votes.

<Snip>

To gain the rare medicine needed to save the Emperor’s life, you must have something extremely valuable to trade.

Next artist Nightmare Jigglypuff created a love potion with Tequila as the base, mixing in a 50 Dollar Bill (women love money) and some Old Spice body wash. He used this love potion to win the heart of the princess, and the game.

Dear Nightmare Jigglypuff,
You are April Ryan.

An artist and a dreamer, you are capable of crossing between the technological Stark and the magical Arcadia. As the daughter of a motherfucking dragon, you are the only hope of preserving the balance between two worlds.

As a shifter, once per cycle you can PM vonFiedler with “Cycle X - Send USER to Arcadia” or “Cycle X - Send USER to Stark”. USERs sent to Arcadia perform their action before anyone else, while USERs sent to Stark perform their action last.

<Snip>

You are about to erase your criminal record from inside the cyber police station, but the key to do so is on an electrified rack. You must find a way to grab it.

Finally Amnesiac Thorns, though greatly hindered by multiple Red Herrings, was able construct a sword by using a Sharp Pointy Stick as a handle, a Swordfish as a blade, and the crossguard from a Sword Hilt. He dueled his way to victory.

Dear Thorns,
You are Gillian Seed.

You are an amnesiac found cryogenically frozen in Russia. Looking to uncover your past, you begin hunting for Snatchers believing this holds the key to your memory.

Since you have a robotic sidekick Metal Gear, once per cycle you can PM vonFiedler with “Cycle X - Safeguard USER”. USER will be protected from all non-killing actions.

<Snip>

You have been challenged to a duel, but you lack a proper sword. You must construct one.

No one figured out that in order to claim the Dragon's treasure, they would have to fill a Bucket with a Source of Water (a dragon's one weakness), then use an Invisibility Spell to get close enough to use it.

zorbees, kingofkongs, imperfectluck, HD, Nightmare Jigglypuff, Thorns, and LucasArts have won Adventure Games Mafia

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
I'd like to point out that LucasArts guaranteed that i was safe the cycle I won, and since I was working closely with jalmont, when he was being lynch he decided to give me his items, which included the rubber gloves. So I won regardless of Lucas Arts getting ipl to kill me. Fun. Also I keep facepalming when realizing after the fact that i know most of these puzzles, and then being shocked when duct tape and sword hilt didn't work together.

Edit: Also the one that no one solved I believe is from that game where you're a prince and have to save your dad in 24 hours, forgot the name of it.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Question: Why did you make imperfectluck a harmless neutral? Of all possible players to assign that role to...
He would have been a harmless neutral as a freelancer too.

So all left for him is the role of mafia... Which might have turned out to be a much worse choice.

And tbh, this didn't depend on ipl alone, but the combination of me and ipl. No one else would have gone as far as adding a neut with a kill to their sheet after all?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)