CAP 3 Pyroak Playtesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pyroak is doing well for me but is having a sprite problem. :( It is surrounded by a white box and effects back and front.

Honestly, there's no reason to give this anything it already has. So it doesn't get Earthquake, so what? Pyroak is doing fine now even without the things you want to give it and there's no reason to argue over something that's already been decided.
To the contrary. One of the primary goals of playtesting is to see if a Pokemon needs more or less than it has. There have been voices that it needs more, so it is a consideration.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
But remember, "this is a tank." It couldn't possibly get any usefullness out of the most powerful offense boosting move in the game (Dragon Dance)
Why wouldn't it? You're boosting the worst two stats you have, and you certainly have the defenses to pull off at least 2 DDs. To add to that you have access to two 120-power STAB moves with no recoil. That would be even better than Curselax in GSC.

Why wouldn't it? You're boosting the worst two stats you have, and you certainly have the defenses to pull off at least 2 DDs. To add to that you have access to two 120-power STAB moves with no recoil. That would be even better than Curselax in GSC.
Deck Knight was being sarcastic. People were saying that he wouldn't be able to use them anyways, so why not give them to him.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
ITT scarcasm doesn't travel well because of all the idiots that really mean that they think its underpowered. For future reference, use the handy little sarcasm tags: (sarcasm)(/sarcasm)Or these:(BS)(/BS) . This thing doesn't need boosts, its arguably harder to take down than Revenankh because it saps your health, AND can heal AND only gets 3hko'd by everything short of something like Specs Roserade Sludge Bomb or CB Rampardos Stone Edge IF YOUR LUCKY. This thing is a monster.

how popular is grass knot on pyroak, because its rock weakness might be exploited by relicanth (does near enough 80% head smash unboosted) and was wondering if using CB or something would increase that to the golden 100?

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
quite popular, however, what about rampardos? jolly makes it outspeed pyroak, mold breaker allows crits, and stone edge would murder.

Did the calcs, Jolly CB rampardos does 91.89% - 108.56% to 339 Def & 444 HP (max/max plus nature) with stone edge.

Head smash and/or adamant will OHKO guaranteed.

can someone explain hp rock to me? are people that terrified of moltres?

i woulndt consider using a moveslot for a nonstab hidden power that doesnt score any significant 4x damage. id a zillion times rather run hp ice for the dragons/brave gliscors

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
With Fire/Grass/Ice, you'll be walled by most Fire types. HP Rock would hit them better, and would also hit Flying types like Salamence and Dragonite. That's the reasoning, I think... at least that's how I'd reason it.

fair enough, but hp rock is neutral to heatran and nape, i guess it's also good for opposing pyroak but r__r

i just think hp ground/ice are probably better alternatives. "type coverage" is not always the better alternative.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
ITT scarcasm doesn't travel well because of all the idiots that really mean that they think its underpowered. For future reference, use the handy little sarcasm tags: Or these: . This thing doesn't need boosts, its arguably harder to take down than Revenankh because it saps your health, AND can heal AND only gets 3hko'd by everything short of something like Specs Roserade Sludge Bomb or CB Rampardos Stone Edge IF YOUR LUCKY. This thing is a monster.
While I do really think Pyroak is a GREAT pokemon, some of those statements are pretty big exaggerations. If it's not an OHKO, a CB Rampardos Stone Edge is probably a solid 2HKO. BARELY a 3HKO is a very large overstatement. Also, Pyroak has lower SD than Defense, so Roserade's Specs Sludge Bomb probably hurts quite a bit.

It's been doing pretty well for me, but I'm also having the same trouble as Beav.

Well, Gorm, I think Tennis probably should have said Specs Gengar with Sludge Bomb instead of Roserade. I will give you Rampardos though, even though TTar comes close to doing the same (and doesn't get entirely murdered by Grass Knot). But yeah, you can't really counter Pyroak in the traditional sense, since it most likely isn't going to be 2HKOing most things (right now at least). It's more a battle of which Pokemon will tank the other the best. Don't forget that Toxic pretty much cripples Pyroak.

tennisace

the point i was trying to make is that everyone is underestimating it's defenses. And Specs Gengar, Specs Roserade, same difference except that Roserade can switch in on a grass knot and threaten it, and many times Gengar doesnt have Sludge Bomb.

I would love DD on Pyroak but I think Flare Blitz/Wood Hammer with no recoil and boosted Attack and Speed could be somewhat overpowered. All in all, I'm using Pyroak to tank and Aromatherapy and it's working well.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've changed the Pyroak sprites and tried to make the backgrounds use a different transparency. Please re-run the CAPSpriteUpdate, and see if that fixes the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)